PDA

View Full Version : Tinkers, Inventors and Guys who just like to come up with Sh*t -

RGD.
12-04-2010, 10:59 PM
I have a little project that I'm trying to do: Install remote/key-less locks on my camper shell rear glass door.

Currently the rear glass has a push button cable lock system. I can take that all off, leave the push button on as it has the handle - and fabricate/install any type of keeper on each end that is needed.

Plan on using two Actuators (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=330-010&scqty=2) on each end mounted to the shell and tied into the existing key-less system - no problem there.
The actuators have a 3/4" throw/travel. The plunger is typical plastic with an eyelet to attach a rod to.

So the problem I am having, mental capacity block or something - is that I need some type of cam with an arm on it that will go from say 0 to 45 degrees with only a 3/4 throw of the actuator. The arm would need to be about 1" in length I would guess with enough gumption to withstand someone tugging on the door to find it locked. And then I'd need two of them - one throwing left and on throwing right.

I guess I could fabricate something from idea's - much like to just buy something but my Google skills are batting zero on it.

So - any ideas - thoughts?

Thanks,

Ron