PDA

View Full Version : Chasidor Humidor Store and problem.

smll2
12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Gentlemen,

August 14th of this year I placed an order just north of $100.00 for some shelves from Chuck for my wine coolers. I found Chuck lurking on this site. He accepted my money...I recieved a computer generated email...stating that I would be receiving the shelves(most scatch and dent shelves) which appeared to be in inventory and scratched and dented. Today it's December 1st and I don't have any shelves from my order. I have emailed Chuck over the last the last several months 8-10 times...most likely more. I've emailed him directly from his contact email form on his site...at least three times.

He has NEVER responded to any of my inquiries via email or his contact form on his website. PoPay(my cash payment to Chuck) only allows you to dispute a transaction within 45 days of your order.

It appears that I am out $100.00 as he won't respond to me. In addition I have PM'd him on this site and one other. NO RESPONSE!!!

I think it's important for folks in the Cigar Community to share information about Vendors like this. That's part of why we have these forums.

I don't take this posting likely. I have given Chuck the way way way benefit of the doubt on this. The $100.00 loss hurts for sure in these tough times...but to be completely ignored by someone who was spoken so highly of here on this forum SUCKS!!!

Beware of Chuck and Chasidor Stores...humidors.

If folks want to see my order and payment confirmation I would be happy to post.

Thanks Tom

G G
12-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I bought some drawers from Chuck a while back and all went great. I checked his user page and see that he hasn't been on since June.

alley00p
12-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't know what to tell you, but I've dealt with Chuck many times and never had any problems with his personal or business dealings. I've bought cedar drawers and shelves from him, and even one of his old VinoTemps. He has always gone way beyond what was expected of him.

I do know that in the past, Chuck has been out of touch here due to health issues within his family.

Hopefully, one of the other Asylum members will have a way to contact him. Don't write your deal off: I'm sure there is a reason for his absence.

Charlie

smll2
12-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I bought some drawers from Chuck a while back and all went great. I checked his user page and see that he hasn't been on since June.

Here is a current link of his site. If you google him you get all kinds of different pages. On this page he updated it November 26th. He boast a live cam in his shop working on orders. (Just not mine)

http://www.chasidorhumidors.com/

smll2
12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't know what to tell you, but I've dealt with Chuck many times and never had any problems with his personal or business dealings. I've bought cedar drawers and shelves from him, and even one of his old VinoTemps. He has always gone way beyond what was expected of him.

I do know that in the past, Chuck has been out of touch here due to health issues within his family.

Hopefully, one of the other Asylum members will have a way to contact him. Don't write your deal off: I'm sure there is a reason for his absence.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie and I have given him as mentioned lots of rope here. You can go on his website in the morning and see him working...online. He's healthy, working and asking for more orders. I just for the life of me don't get it. I have been able to watch him live on his webcam a few times over the last month...working. So it's all the more frustrating for me.

I emailed him on his site tonight from his email contact form....and told him about this post.

I won't stop here. I'm really really upset having been treated like this. It just makes no sense. He's healthy and working....you can click on his web cam tomorrow. I'm mumbling cuz I'm at a loss for words.

Tom

Here is his website

http://www.chasidorhumidors.com/

Tom

SmokeyJoe
12-01-2010, 09:12 PM
His site shows that these orders are in the works...

Currently Processing
Orders - 469,470,471

Upcoming (In order)
Orders - 472,473,477,479

Just curious... what is your order number?

Sorry for the troubles you are having. :confused:

I got some shelves and a drawer a while back... quality workmanship. Hope it works out for you.

GolfNut
12-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Have you tried calling him? His number is listed. Might have a super duper spam blocker.
I suggest picking up the phone and ask him.
Posted via Mobile Device

smll2
12-01-2010, 09:18 PM
His site shows that these orders are in the works...

Currently Processing
Orders - 469,470,471

Upcoming (In order)
Orders - 472,473,477,479

Just curious... what is your order number?

Sorry for the troubles you are having. :confused:

I got some shelves and a drawer a while back... quality workmanship. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks...I am order #411....which I always reference when I try to contact him.

smll2
12-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Have you tried calling him? His number is listed. Might have a super duper spam blocker.
I suggest picking up the phone and ask him.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't have his number....and the spam blocker thing didn't operate well when my money was accepted...LOL....I would think no vendor has a big time spam block when they are getting orders from all over the country. Also...he has a contact email form on his website ie "contact us"...that for sure doesn't have a spam blocker....

He has turned his back on this order...I don't know why.

hscmit
12-01-2010, 09:25 PM
sorry this happened to you

hope it will work out

thanks for the heads up

GolfNut
12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Google is your friend with a little effort. Like I said, his number is publibcly listed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brutus2600
12-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Here's the problem, I'm guessing you might be in the same boat I am.

He ran into A LOT of problems with the stained drawers and had so much delay because of them he actually discontinued the stained drawers the end of last month. It sounds like your drawers were already done and just sitting in inventory, but mine were a normal order of stained drawers.

He's gone through a ton of cedar drawers which he has no problem getting out because they're just cut out and put together, and I think the exotic woods are done differently as well, but the stained drawers are way behind.

My order number was 382 and I placed my order on July 22nd, and the display on the side is only for cedar orders. If it's any indication though there is a HUGE discrepancy between cedar orders and stained orders.

He's said twice in his recent updates that the he's finishing up the stained orders and should have those out very soon.

I actually just emailed him today too, but don't expect a response. He seems pretty overwhelmed. Not an excuse, but just the facts.

smll2
12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Google is your friend with a little effort. Like I said, his number is publibcly listed.
Posted via Mobile Device

He makes his living taking email orders over the internet. No reason to make excuses for him...like someone didn't call. My effort to contact him via email which is how he run his business is extensive. I'm done emailing him or trying to contact him at all.

He needs to reach out....

smll2
12-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Here's the problem, I'm guessing you might be in the same boat I am.

He ran into A LOT of problems with the stained drawers and had so much delay because of them he actually discontinued the stained drawers the end of last month. It sounds like your drawers were already done and just sitting in inventory, but mine were a normal order of stained drawers.

He's gone through a ton of cedar drawers which he has no problem getting out because they're just cut out and put together, and I think the exotic woods are done differently as well, but the stained drawers are way behind.

My order number was 382 and I placed my order on July 22nd, and the display on the side is only for cedar orders. If it's any indication though there is a HUGE discrepancy between cedar orders and stained orders.

He's said twice in his recent updates that the he's finishing up the stained orders and should have those out very soon.

I actually just emailed him today too, but don't expect a response. He seems pretty overwhelmed. Not an excuse, but just the facts.

I totally agree with you and I think this is plausible. Has he ever responded to you? If he responded to me just twice over the last 3.5 months I would be cool. Lack of Communication in anything causes major problems. No communication leads to ugly stuff like this post.

I have like one natural stained thing...everything else was stock scratch and dent....and....I just don't get the zero Customer Service aspect of this.

I'm a brother and will work with anyone.....just give me a reason. That's not to much to ask for.

Tom

dwoodward
12-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for this post. I was going to order from him for my drawers when i get my wine cooler... looks like i'll stay away.

Busy or not is no excuse to not answer emails for months on end. That's just bad customer service.

Brutus2600
12-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I totally agree with you and I think this is plausible. Has he ever responded to you? If he responded to me just twice over the last 3.5 months I would be cool. Lack of Communication in anything causes major problems. No communication leads to ugly stuff like this post.

I have like one natural stained thing...everything else was stock scratch and dent....and....I just don't get the zero Customer Service aspect of this.

I'm a brother and will work with anyone.....just give me a reason. That's not to much to ask for.

Tom

That's the problem right there.

Even though I also ordered cedar shelves and those are supposed to ship in a couple days, because I ordered two stained drawers and the entire order waits on the slowest item, he doesn't ship separately.

smll2
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
That's the problem right there.

Even though I also ordered cedar shelves and those are supposed to ship in a couple days, because I ordered two stained drawers and the entire order waits on the slowest item, he doesn't ship separately.

Brutus....respectfully that is not the problem. I have emailed him a dozen times in various ways right through his website and otherwise and he has NOT responded even once over 3.5 months. As stated above I would be fine with hearing from just twice over the period. My emails to him are pretty blunt about getting back to me. NOTHING!!! That is the problem.

You might be more tied in with the guy...and he has responded to you since the end of July when you placed your order. I'm not tied in with him at all or anyone he knows other than than the postiive posts I've seen here. There is no excuse for no communication over 3.5 months after he took my money.

NONE AT ALL!!!

Tom;s

Brutus2600
12-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Brutus....respectfully that is not the problem. I have emailed him a dozen times in various ways right through his website and otherwise and he has NOT responded even once over 3.5 months. As stated above I would be fine with hearing from just twice over the period. My emails to him are pretty blunt about getting back to me. NOTHING!!! That is the problem.

You might be more tied in with the guy...and he has responded to you since the end of July when you placed your order. I'm not tied in with him at all or anyone he knows other than than the postiive posts I've seen here. There is no excuse for no communication over 3.5 months after he took my money.

NONE AT ALL!!!

Tom;s

No, I'm saying that's the problem of why your order hasn't shipped, just like mine. I agree about the communication. I haven't messaged him or emailed him before this morning, but I remember hearing other people trying to communicate with him and not hearing back, so I didn't even bother. I agree that he needs to work on that.

Also, besides him being a member on the board and people here I trust vouching for him, I didn't know him or of him before I joined this board.

smll2
12-01-2010, 10:57 PM
No, I'm saying that's the problem of why your order hasn't shipped, just like mine. I agree about the communication. I haven't messaged him or emailed him before this morning, but I remember hearing other people trying to communicate with him and not hearing back, so I didn't even bother. I agree that he needs to work on that.

Also, besides him being a member on the board and people here I trust vouching for him, I didn't know him or of him before I joined this board.

Thanks for the honest response. I have better things to do then rant about a guy I've never met. I just felt the need to share my experience with others before they place an order with Chuck. From an online ordering experience I've had a lot of luck...knock on wood. (No pun intended).

This experience was and is horrible. Seeing the guy on the web cam working in his shop and knowing he's around....and not hearing from him is/was frustrating. I've made it clear on several emails I would take this to this forum and others..gave him weeks of prior notice and still nothing from him.

Very Strange. Something is not right.

smelvis
12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
File a small claim and have him served for breach and fraud! J/K Kinda I have heard this from dozens if not hundreds on various places.

Good Luck!

Eleven
12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Very sorry to hear this. Chuck's life changed drastically in the middle of a big job for me. He lost his daytime job and made the decision to go Chasidor full time.

My job took much much longer than anticipated and I even drove to him to pick it up. Some parts were not quite right and a few weeks later I went back up to get the correct shelves and drawers.

All that driving for me wasn't a huge deal, me and my son were remodeling a room while my wife was out of the country and to ensure that I got this piece in time, I went to get it. We were going back to Chucks area a few weeks later to drop my kid off at hockey camp, so it was actually convenient to drop by then as well.

Chuck looked extremely overwhelmed when I was up there, his entire house was being taken over by the business, and shortly after that, late July I think, he cut his hand.

I won't make excuses for him, but I hope in the end there is some rational explanation. If he hasn't been active here since June, that would be right in line with things getting crazy for him at his shop. I haven't had any contact with him since picking up my replacement drawers in July.

I do hope things work out for you. It's such a shame.

AD720
12-02-2010, 06:59 AM
I won't make excuses for him, but I hope in the end there is some rational explanation.

I do hope things work out for you. It's such a shame.

Ditto this. I had shelves custom made by Chas last year and everything went great. Really surprised about the lack of communication.

That being said I think that you (the OP) are justified in being upset about this. If he is making updates to the website he can return an email.

I know you said you are done but I would find a phone number and call him, then you can really say you have done your due diligence plus.

Shemp Howard
12-02-2010, 07:05 AM
It doesn't take very much time in the evening to pick up a phone and call a customer. Just my 2 pennies worth.

captain53
12-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Wow - I am surprised to read this post. I purchased Drawers from Chuck last year and had no problems at all. There was a wait but I knew that when I ordered. I don't know him personally only communicated with him regarding my order but he has a long standing reputation on this and other sites as an outstanding person. Hopefully there is some explanation for your issue.

bobarian
12-02-2010, 12:35 PM
There are many perils in taking a part time hobby to a full time profession. Many budding entrepreneurs have a problem when scaling an operation.

I hope everything works out for all who have ordered.

smll2
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Well...I took your adivise and looked him up through Google. Frankly I didn't even know what state he was in let alone the City From a post in this thread I determined what state he was in. I found his number and called it.....
It rang and rang and rang and rang. No answering machine or service.

I tried.

GolfNut
12-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Well shoot. Next step would be a certified letter with return receipt.

Sauer Grapes
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I posted here a little over a month ago regarding trying to get a hold of him. My situation is a lot different than yours (yours is much worse), but there are many similarities.

I placed an order in August '09 (I believe). It was my third order from him, and was for a single stained drawer. The drawer had a quality control issue when it arrived, and despite my offer keep it, or if he waned to replace it to send it back, Chuck offered to let me keep the incorrect one and said he wold make me a new one free of charge. That's the way he used to run his shop, before it got out of hand. This was October '09.

I told him how thankful I was, and to please take his time on my replacement, since the drawer I got would still work to hold cigars.

He said towards the end of November '09 that it would be a couple weeks. He said everything was put together and it just needed another coat of lacquer.

He said at the end of December '09 that it would be finished and shipped within a week.

He said in very early March '10 that he had a couple things to finish on that weekend and it would ship on Monday or Tuesday.

In early July '10, I contacted him and told him that I had moved. He responded and thanked me for contacting him, saying he wish he could say he hadn't forgotten me, but he had. He said that it just needed glued together but that the front was done.

Since July, starting in September, I've emailed him at two different addresses that I know he uses/has used, and emailed him through his site probably at least 10-15 times. All have gone without responses.

Like I said, at least I got something for my money and I would hate to be in your position. Chuck was such a stand up guy in the past that this is extremely surprising. If this is how he is going to run his business now that he's full time, I have a feeling he won't have the "problem" of being so busy after a while.

thebayratt
12-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I feal your pain.... I am order 420, right after you.....

I've been waiting long too...

smll2
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I posted here a little over a month ago regarding trying to get a hold of him. My situation is a lot different than yours (yours is much worse), but there are many similarities.

I placed an order in August '09 (I believe). It was my third order from him, and was for a single stained drawer. The drawer had a quality control issue when it arrived, and despite my offer keep it, or if he waned to replace it to send it back, Chuck offered to let me keep the incorrect one and said he wold make me a new one free of charge. That's the way he used to run his shop, before it got out of hand. This was October '09.

I told him how thankful I was, and to please take his time on my replacement, since the drawer I got would still work to hold cigars.

He said towards the end of November '09 that it would be a couple weeks. He said everything was put together and it just needed another coat of lacquer.

He said at the end of December '09 that it would be finished and shipped within a week.

He said in very early March '10 that he had a couple things to finish on that weekend and it would ship on Monday or Tuesday.

In early July '10, I contacted him and told him that I had moved. He responded and thanked me for contacting him, saying he wish he could say he hadn't forgotten me, but he had. He said that it just needed glued together but that the front was done.

Since July, starting in September, I've emailed him at two different addresses that I know he uses/has used, and emailed him through his site probably at least 10-15 times. All have gone without responses.

Like I said, at least I got something for my money and I would hate to be in your position. Chuck was such a stand up guy in the past that this is extremely surprising. If this is how he is going to run his business now that he's full time, I have a feeling he won't have the "problem" of being so busy after a while.

Wow...your story pretty much sticks a fork in him from my standpoint. Talk about not following through. I was going to hold off on posting my experience on a couple other forums. I think I need to do it to stop the damage he might do to others sending him money. What's really weird is he has this web cam where I was able to watch him work today. He goes through that effort and then just blows off all his email.

You know...the thing is if you pay him through POpa you only have 45 days to complain...he easily takes that long so folk who pay that way are s*** out of luck.

I emailed him today and told him this thread was up....and I wasn't finished.

I lost on this deal...hopefully I can help others from experiencing my fate.

Thanks for your post.

Tom

Brutus2600
12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
The business smart thing for him to do would be to stop accepting orders until he's caught up with all orders he currently has, answer all email he currently has, and then figure out how to run his business a little differently.

It's really frustrating to see this however, because he does beautiful work, many many people on this board say he's a good person, and I believe he's filling a need for the community.

CigarGuy88
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I emailed him about 3-5 months ago to see if he could make some for my wine cooler and I also got no response...

smll2
12-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I emailed him about 3-5 months ago to see if he could make some for my wine cooler and I also got no response...

You are more intelligent than me. I should have emailed him first...without a response I would have emailed him again. With no response I would have moved on. Unfortuantely I just placed the order. As an FYI I just phoned him again..still no answer and still no answering device. His phone # is from Google so I don't really know if it is his any longer.

hotreds
12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I am sorry to read this. I met Chas and his wife a coupla times to herf, and I am surprised to say the least. Certainly there are reasons for many things, but lack of communication is not acceptable. I do hope that everything works out in the end, even tho that end is taking way too long. I only hope that there is not a serious physical problem with him or his wife that is disrupting his life!

MiamiE
12-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up! :tu

Superbad
12-02-2010, 07:05 PM
This sucks, but is such a common story on the net. I belonged to a popular knife collectors website. There I purchased a few things from a popular knifemaker. One order he sent me the wrong things, I contacted him, he told me to keep them and that he would send the correct thing to me. Now this sucked because, I got something that someone else had purchased, I expected that he made replacements for them, but I have no idea if he did. I never got the thing I originally paid for, and after trying to contact him several times, I gave up. Ruined that site for me. I haven't been back since.

Brutus2600
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
I am sorry to read this. I met Chas and his wife a coupla times to herf, and I am surprised to say the least. Certainly there are reasons for many things, but lack of communication is not acceptable. I do hope that everything works out in the end, even tho that end is taking way too long. I only hope that there is not a serious physical problem with him or his wife that is disrupting his life!

I'm sure he's a good person, as I've heard from many BOTL's on this site, but there is something obviously wrong with his business running skills.

And that's the problem though, as smll2 said, you can see Chuck working virtually every day in his workshop so we know he's working. He posts almost weekly updates in the blog part of his site. He's obviously getting the cedar orders out because you can watch the order numbers change. I don't know if he spends any time reading email or reads them and doesn't respond, but I think he might think his time is better spent working than responding to email. I realize that responding to every email might be close to a full time job, but he either needs to find some help with that or spend the time responding himself. Even a little communication would assuage our frustrations, but the only updates we hear are the overall updates, nothing specific about our order so we have no idea what kind of ETA to expect since the estimated "two months" has long been past.

Superbad
12-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm sure he's a good person, as I've heard from many BOTL's on this site, but there is something obviously wrong with his business running skills.

And that's the problem though, as smll2 said, you can see Chuck working virtually every day in his workshop so we know he's working. He posts almost weekly updates in the blog part of his site. He's obviously getting the cedar orders out because you can watch the order numbers change. I don't know if he spends any time reading email or reads them and doesn't respond, but I think he might think his time is better spent working than responding to email. I realize that responding to every email might be close to a full time job, but he either needs to find some help with that or spend the time responding himself. Even a little communication would assuage our frustrations, but the only updates we hear are the overall updates, nothing specific about our order so we have no idea what kind of ETA to expect since the estimated "two months" has long been past.

The problem is it is very easy for some people to ignore emails. I am very sorry this happened to you. I was going to go with Chas but no longer.

Ogre
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I was not going to post anything about this issue, but I am in the same boat. I placed an order in June of this year. Chuck and I wrote back and forth for measurements and details. I sent him an email in July and he replied that he was almost done, just needed to apply the last spray of clear coat. I have not heard from him since. I have sent numerous emails through his site and the email address I had from the start. I just wish he would contact his customers and either finish the jobs or refund the money. I will be sending him a certified letter in the mail. I hope it doesnt have to go any farther then this.

Brutus2600
12-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Well, as strange as it sounds, it's comforting to hear that everybody is having the same issue. If it was only one or two of us who placed orders in the last 6 months that didn't get them I'd be worried that my order got lost in the shuffle. If we've all not received anything, then it's just a crazy long delay. I'll still hold out hope that these will be shipped eventually since he's discontinued the stained units and is trying to catch up.

I won't be ordering anything else from him, but I'm guessing I'll at least get what I paid for.

Darrell
12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Someone should call the Better Business Bureau.

I like Chuck and sometimes **** happens and you can't mail something on time. A little communication goes a LONG way.

Sauer Grapes
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Someone should call the Better Business Bureau.

I like Chuck and sometimes **** happens and you can't mail something on time. A little communication goes a LONG way.

:tpd:

http://www.bbb.org/akron/business-reviews/not-elsewhere-classified/chasidorhumidorscom-in-akron-oh-90004732

Just saying.

smll2
12-02-2010, 08:07 PM
I was not going to post anything about this issue, but I am in the same boat. I placed an order in June of this year. Chuck and I wrote back and forth for measurements and details. I sent him an email in July and he replied that he was almost done, just needed to apply the last spray of clear coat. I have not heard from him since. I have sent numerous emails through his site and the email address I had from the start. I just wish he would contact his customers and either finish the jobs or refund the money. I will be sending him a certified letter in the mail. I hope it doesnt have to go any farther then this.

That's deplorable. I've posted regarding this on FOH, ICC (this evening) and here...and I will on the other CA. The word needs to get out to help the brothers....

Based on the feedback this is not an isolated problem and Chuck needs to reflect on his lack of action.

I was hoping early on that someone might know him well enough to alert him to this thread...not that I haven't tried LOL...to limit damage.

He needs to lose his ear muffs.

Sauer Grapes
12-02-2010, 08:14 PM
That's deplorable. I've posted regarding this on FOH, ICC (this evening) and here...and I will on the other CA. The word needs to get out to help the brothers....

Based on the feedback this is not an isolated problem and Chuck needs to reflect on his lack of action.

I was hoping early on that someone might know him well enough to alert him to this thread...not that I haven't tried LOL...to limit damage.

He needs to lose his ear muffs.

There is a very similar thread on BOTL as well.

smll2
12-02-2010, 09:12 PM
There is a very similar thread on BOTL as well.

I'm not a member on BOTL...which forum might I find the thread?

Thanks

Sauer Grapes
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
not sure, I found it on a google search for chasidor

botl.org is the forum.

chippewastud79
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm not a member on BOTL...which forum might I find the thread?

Thanks

I realize you have an axe to grind, but you should consider participating in this forum rather than continually chastizing a member who is apparently not used the forum in nearly 6 months. I understand you are upset about the situation, but nearly every post you have made on this forum has been complaining about Chasidor, including your introduction.

It seems others here are in the same situation as you, but continually posting how crappy you feel about the lack of communication after every other post will likely not get you any closer to a solution that you would like.

If your goal is to run Chas up a flag pole on every message board you can find, that is your choice, but you should really consider using this forum for what it is intended and not a sounding board to just post about how dissatisfied you are with a singular person. I think most of us got that point in post #1. :2

Brutus2600
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah...I appreciate the dialogue you've opened up here Tom, but I think this thread is bordering lynch mob status.

Yeah, it sucks that Chuck is so far behind, but dang guys, we are talking about a brother here.

It's not like he's never going to send us what we ordered. It'll get here even if it took too long and he never communicated with us.

dwoodward
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah...I appreciate the dialogue you've opened up here Tom, but I think this thread is bordering lynch mob status.

Yeah, it sucks that Chuck is so far behind, but dang guys, we are talking about a brother here.

It's not like he's never going to send us what we ordered. It'll get here even if it took too long and he never communicated with us.

He has a good track record, but if he isn't talking to anyone, who is to say he isn't keeping his business open and just updating the site with new orders to make it appear hes busy, but on the otherside, just taking the money and running.

He had a good reputation for a while. That is all that is needed to start a scam. People trust a good reputation, even when bad things start to happen. I truly hope he is just behind on the work, but the possibility is still there that he will never get his order or his money back and Chasden may just be pocketing any money that comes his way.

(I don't know Chasden, just playing the devil's very mean advocate.)

Bill86
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I hear what you're saying Derrick but the pocketing the money and keep working thing doesn't end well. I've seen knife makers do this and wind up sued within 1-2 years. There is no end game for running a business like that. You get found out and sued QUICKLY.

I can only imagine he is neck deep in work and didn't anticipate the huge volume. Thus he has kind of dug himself a hole. How he gets out of it, well that's up to him.

dwoodward
12-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I hear what you're saying Derrick but the pocketing the money and keep working thing doesn't end well. I've seen knife makers do this and wind up sued within 1-2 years. There is no end game for running a business like that. You get found out and sued QUICKLY.

You are correct. That is why I hope he is just behind on his work. After all, I do believe the OP has a case and could possibly file a claim in a small claims court over it. Not sure if it would be worth it, I have never filed anything and don't really know how the process works. Just saying.

I can only imagine he is neck deep in work and didn't anticipate the huge volume. Thus he has kind of dug himself a hole. How he gets out of it, well that's up to him.

Well, the best way that I can think of would be to close down his orders page so nobody else can order until he catches up. Sure it doesn't sound like the best option, but it might be the smart option. All it takes is a few more threads like this on cigar boards and his reputation will be forever tarnished.

Bill86
12-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, the best way that I can think of would be to close down his orders page so nobody else can order until he catches up. Sure it doesn't sound like the best option, but it might be the smart option. All it takes is a few more threads like this on cigar boards and his reputation will be forever tarnished.

I agree, he really needs to get a handle on his business before these threads migrate to all of the cigar forums out there and any one on them would definitely not order from him.

icehog3
12-03-2010, 01:52 AM
I realize you have an axe to grind, but you should consider participating in this forum rather than continually chastizing a member who is apparently not used the forum in nearly 6 months. I understand you are upset about the situation, but nearly every post you have made on this forum has been complaining about Chasidor, including your introduction.

It seems others here are in the same situation as you, but continually posting how crappy you feel about the lack of communication after every other post will likely not get you any closer to a solution that you would like.

If your goal is to run Chas up a flag pole on every message board you can find, that is your choice, but you should really consider using this forum for what it is intended and not a sounding board to just post about how dissatisfied you are with a singular person. I think most of us got that point in post #1. :2

The point has definitely been made. No need to add any more, this is done here.