PDA

View Full Version : problem with call in order...

Devanmc
11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
As some of you many know i am working to do a split of the Viaje holiday blend.
Well one of the shops i was going to be ordering from. told me today that my grandfather called in to complain that im apparently 17. Which is bullshit since im definitively not and she basically told me to piss off either way. Even though Im active duty military and would be faxing in a copy of both my military id and state ID for age verification. Anyone else ever have issues like this?

id like to post the shops name but i believe that would be against forum rules, so ill refrain from that.

tobii3
11-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Get your ID card OFF the internet, Devan.

Bill86
11-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Your address is on there, get those off the net brother!

No I never had any problems with vendors I just pay with a debit/credit card over the phone and I'm good as gold.

Devanmc
11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
well removed probably not the smartest idea im just pissed right now.

Emjaysmash
11-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Well, DID your Grandfather actually call them? If so, that seems like an issue between the both of you.

Either way, sending them your ID should clear it up, and it not keep going until you hit the top.

Otherwise, have someone else run the group buy, if you need to buy from that store.

nick2021
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but why would your grandfather go through the trouble to do that? Also, good move on removing it...OPSEC bro ;)

Devanmc
11-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Well, DID your Grandfather actually call them? If so, that seems like an issue between the both of you.

Either way, sending them your ID should clear it up, and it not keep going until you hit the top.

Otherwise, have someone else run the group buy, if you need to buy from that store.

lmao no, he doesn't even know im doing this or any of the information for it. Even if he did he wouldn't do anything because im 20 and he doesn't interfere with those kind of things. He barely knows i smoke cigars much less this.

she also was the top, she said she was the owner. I offered to fax in my IDs and she said it wouldn't be acceptable. :td

Brooks W
11-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Perhaps they are not getting the cigars, and this is a way to blow you off without telling you?

~brooks

forgop
11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
This is an easy decision-take your money elsewhere.

CoreyD
11-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I say run a document have oodles sign it and send it to her to show her 150+ just boycotted her store

Devanmc
11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Haha I wish but as I noted first. I'm pretty sure isn't against forum rules or is generally looked down upon posting the stores name and info, from a situation like this. If not ill post it. Its not like I didn't find the information easily online in the first place.

leafandale
11-30-2010, 10:07 PM
you can't flame a retailer because they may legitimately feel like someone is going to try to pass off a fake ID on them. Jeez. Even though he's probably 20 (and we don't have any reason to doubt him), if you're the store owner, who are you going to believe... the 20 year old or granddad? If the retailer is spooked, take the biz elsewhere. No need to make some kind of example of them on this forum just for trying to protect their business. Forgop (Duane) is right.

Devanmc
11-30-2010, 10:12 PM
That's the thing. Id be showing 3 forums. My cc, my military Id and my state id. That's a hell of a lot of work to buy some cigars with fake IDs. :sh

Also the flamage part is why I have not posted any information on the store. I'm just pissed and getting some frustration out while getting others input on the matter.

Chemyst
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Age is only important to those that need some.

Chemyst :cool2:

Bill86
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
you can't flame a retailer because they may legitimately feel like someone is going to try to pass off a fake ID on them. Jeez. Even though he's probably 20 (and we don't have any reason to doubt him), if you're the store owner, who are you going to believe... the 20 year old or granddad? If the retailer is spooked, take the biz elsewhere. No need to make some kind of example of them on this forum just for trying to protect their business. Forgop (Duane) is right.

But seriously who in ANY mindset would fake a military ID, drivers license and state ID just to score some cigars? IMO if they successfully did all 3 they deserve to buy the lousy cigars. Seriously if someone shows you a fake MILITARY ID....."I think I didn't know it was a fake military ID" would hold up just fine in court.

Darrell
12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
You posted your CAC card on the internet?

You're EOD. I thought you guys were smarter than that. ;)

Oh wait. You're Army EOD. :D

joeobx
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
You posted your CAC card on the internet?

You're EOD. I thought you guys were smarter than that. ;)

Oh wait. You're Army EOD. :D

OH DAM, here we go :sl :r

Darrell
12-02-2010, 10:22 PM
OH DAM, here we go :sl :r

Go Air Force! :D

sammyboy405
12-02-2010, 10:37 PM

:)

Superbad
12-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Go Navy!

mikethegoalie32
12-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Go Canada!

Emjaysmash
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Go Canada!

:r:r

Ogre
12-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Go Canada!

Yea, we dont care where you go, JUST GO!!!!:sl:sl

T.G
12-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Go Canada!

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3716/canadapantsux6.jpg

cmitch
12-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Vote with your pocketbook and take your money elsewhere.

sigsauer
12-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Explosive Ordnance Disposal?????

yourchoice
12-03-2010, 10:52 AM
But seriously who in ANY mindset would fake a military ID, drivers license and state ID just to score some cigars?

And who would fake an ID that says they're 20? Is there even a market for them? :al

Shop owner is being a little goofy, IMHO.

HK3-
12-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Go fly a kite! :)

I gotta agree with the others, set the store on fire! :r:r (kidding, obviously)

Get someone else to make the group buy and see if they are bluffing on the sticks :sh

Devanmc
12-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm my defense it was only the front which has nothing important on it besides my pretty face :) a simple google search give more destructive info.

Hk3 ill see if someone is willing to do that for me. Thanks for the tip.

Darrell
12-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm my defense it was only the front which has nothing important on it besides my pretty face :) a simple google search give more destructive info.

I just felt like razzing you for being a ground pounder.

Stinky
12-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Take your business elsewhere. And, post the name of the retailer.

We need to know.

icehog3
12-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Take your business elsewhere. And, post the name of the retailer.

We need to know.

The name of a retailer that is taking precautions to avoid illegal sales to underage customers?

cmitch
12-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Go fly a kite! :)

I gotta agree with the others, set the store on fire! :r:r (kidding, obviously)

Get someone else to make the group buy and see if they are bluffing on the sticks :sh
I've been setting my local cigar store on fire one stick at a time.

auburnfan1980
12-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I've been setting my local cigar store on fire one stick at a time.

and I've seen you try to do so by smoking the paper still covering the sticks as well!! :r :r :r

sigsauer
12-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Stinky...I personally know 2 people that have a tobacco shop and support their families doing so...Who exactly put you in charge of boycotting a store that is trying to do business within the confines of the law.
Is anyone here above the law?...I don't think so....

guitar4001
12-04-2010, 06:34 PM
weird situation. and bad idea to post that CAC card - you never know who is lurking around online. Two courses of action for you in this matter:

Find out who is f*cking with you (one of your pals probably called the store as a joke) and give them a missile kick to the nads.

Secondly, send your cash elsewhere. I agree that the retailer is watching out for themselves so instead of giving them and yourself extra headache, just find yourself a reputable dealer and go nuts.

-Paul

whodeeni
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
weird situation. and bad idea to post that CAC card - you never know who is lurking around online. Two courses of action for you in this matter:

Find out who is f*cking with you (one of your pals probably called the store as a joke) and give them a missile kick to the nads.

Secondly, send your cash elsewhere. I agree that the retailer is watching out for themselves so instead of giving them and yourself extra headache, just find yourself a reputable dealer and go nuts.

-Paul

I feel for you Devan.... Viaje LE's are pretty damn hard to come by!
Being that you statied that a woman is giving you a hard time, i Bet I know
who you're referring to but honestly it's just a hunch!

Devanmc
12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
i knew this would happen and this is why i had ID posted to avoid it. nothing about me buying cigars from them or anyone would be illegal in anyway shape or forum(other the maybe taxes cuz i have no idea how to file that at the end of the year). Im 20years old, where in the USA is illegal for me to buy tobacco products?

kelmac07
12-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Devan...don't sweat the small stuff brother. Just take your money elsewhere. :2

Devanmc
12-04-2010, 07:34 PM
i know i know. im done with this topic :tu

thanks mac

auburnfan1980
12-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Devan, you seem like a great BOTL and hopefully you'll take some of these comments with a grain of salt and accept the wisdom that's been given by a few. :)

Ismith75
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
i knew this would happen and this is why i had ID posted to avoid it. nothing about me buying cigars from them or anyone would be illegal in anyway shape or forum(other the maybe taxes cuz i have no idea how to file that at the end of the year). Im 20years old, where in the USA is illegal for me to buy tobacco products?

Not quite sure how the rules work, but I've heard of people denying cigars to anyone under 21 if they're out of state. Don't know if that's the case, just my :2.

Stinky
12-04-2010, 09:21 PM
The name of a retailer that is taking precautions to avoid illegal sales to underage customers?

Stinky...I personally know 2 people that have a tobacco shop and support their families doing so...Who exactly put you in charge of boycotting a store that is trying to do business within the confines of the law.
Is anyone here above the law?...I don't think so....

Sorry! . . . after reading what happened, it appears that he proved (or tried to prove) his 'legal' age. Your post implies that I want them to sell without checking. Not True! My post was not aimed at harming good shop practice, but at the idea that HE complied and they declined his sale on another phone call (supposedly from Grampa). That's not good, IMHO. If their legal age is 21 . . . then, that's a horse of a different color.

BTW:
I personally know more than 20 people that have a tobacco shop and support their families doing so. They ALL properly check ID.

sigsauer
12-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Stinky......aok so we both agree......if Devan is 20 he is not of legal age to buy tobacco....correct?

TheFool
12-05-2010, 08:57 AM
This is an easy decision-take your money elsewhere.

Seconded

Stinky
12-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Stinky......aok so we both agree......if Devan is 20 he is not of legal age to buy tobacco....correct?

Agree. FYI the Legal age (to buy tobacco) for most states is 18. Some are 21. . . some internet sites require minimum age of 21. It's 18 years of age here in Nevada.

sigsauer
12-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Stinky....I did not know that...thank you sir...

Emjaysmash
12-05-2010, 09:36 AM
CigarsInternational requires you to be 21.

They don't check that hard though. :ss

borndead1
12-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Why would she say your grandfather called and told her you were 17? Have you talked to gramps about this?

:confused::confused::confused:

Emjaysmash
12-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Why would she say your grandfather called and told her you were 17? Have you talked to gramps about this?

:confused::confused::confused:

It wasn't his grandfather. His grandfather didn't even know he ordered cigars.

Stinky
12-05-2010, 10:54 AM
it would be interesting to see a chart for minimum age to buy tobaccy for all 50 states. Anyone? . . . Bueller? . . . Bueller? . . . Anyone?

maninblack
12-05-2010, 10:58 AM
From fda.gov

What is the legal age for purchasing cigarettes or smokeless tobacco?
The regulations prohibit the sale of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco to anyone under the age of 18. However, the Tobacco Control Act does not pre-empt State or local laws relating to access to tobacco products that are in addition to, or more stringent than, the access provisions in the Tobacco Control Act. Therefore, a state could establish 19 years of age or older as the minimum age for purchasing these products in that state. Some states and localities do, in fact, have more stringent age requirements. As of March 1, 2010, four states (Alabama, Alaska, New Jersey, and Utah) have established 19 years of age as the minimum legal age for purchasing tobacco products in those states.