PDA

View Full Version : Why did I bring cigars to WISCONSIN????

HK3-
11-30-2010, 03:34 PM
When there is no place to smoke them....... What's with the smoking bans :(

replicant_argent
11-30-2010, 03:36 PM
They followed MNs lead...

Yeah. Sad.

The nannies have won a battle here and there, Hal.

HK3-
11-30-2010, 03:37 PM
:lv Too cold outside here to smoke a stogie.

replicant_argent
11-30-2010, 03:39 PM
lots of brothers in WI, which town are you being punished in?

kaisersozei
11-30-2010, 03:41 PM
That's why you need to swing back 'round to VA sometime, kemosabe, we're still a little relaxed here -(P

Gophernut
11-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I know of a few places where one can still smoke. Depends on where you are at.

theoneandonly
11-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Even with all that California wants to ban, cigars have not been one of them. Though LA has made it illegal to smoke in any outdoor area at a restaurant/bar. Stupid Californians.

icehog3
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Great place in West Allis, Havana Lounge. Full liquor service as well.

http://www.havanaloungeandcigar.com/

Emjaysmash
11-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Tasting Room of Monona in Monona WI (Near Madison)
TitleTown Tobacco in Green Bay

DPD6030
11-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Great place in West Allis, Havana Lounge. Full liquor service as well.

http://www.havanaloungeandcigar.com/

:tpd:

VirtualSmitty
11-30-2010, 05:17 PM
They followed MNs lead...

Yeah. Sad.

The nannies have won a battle here and there, Hal.

Can't speak for Wisconsin, but I had some good times with Paul and Andy in MN. There were a few places you could smoke still, unless thats changed within the las three years Pete.

Beagleone
11-30-2010, 06:37 PM
I usually hit Havana Lounge when I am in the area with King James and RenoB.

replicant_argent
11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Can't speak for Wisconsin, but I had some good times with Paul and Andy in MN. There were a few places you could smoke still, unless thats changed within the las three years Pete.

There still are, but I think I could count them on both of my hands for the entire metro area, so that is sad.

Wanger
12-01-2010, 06:37 AM
There still are, but I think I could count them on both of my hands for the entire metro area, so that is sad.

There's Golden Leaf East (LOW selection now), Golden Leaf Uptown, Burn, Tobacco Grove, and Cigar Jones (assuming it's still there). I don't count Stogies on Grand, because I think they're arseholes there.

At least we can still smoke on patios at restaurants, but it's too damn cold to do so here most of the year.

Over in Hudson, there's St. Croix Cigar.

I think Wisconsin's smoking laws are very similar to our here, but might be a bit more relaxed (not much, though). At least their taxes are lower than ours!

shilala
12-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Wisconsin? Really? Did you lose a bet?

kelmac07
12-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Wisconsin? Really? Did you lose a bet?

:r :r :r

HK3-
12-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Damn.... Thanks for all of the great suggestions fellas. I've been stuck in a trade show all day and I'm just now getting back to my pc. I'm stuck in Green Bay with 3 party shorts and by the looks of it, they will have to wait until Friday before they are smoked. :bh I leave here tomorrow at noon and don't get home until almost midnight. :td F'd in the face..... that's what I got.

Emjaysmash
12-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Damn.... Thanks for all of the great suggestions fellas. I've been stuck in a trade show all day and I'm just now getting back to my pc. I'm stuck in Green Bay with 3 party shorts and by the looks of it, they will have to wait until Friday before they are smoked. :bh I leave here tomorrow at noon and don't get home until almost midnight. :td F'd in the face..... that's what I got.

http://www.titletowntobacco.com/

CoreyD
12-02-2010, 12:06 AM
yeah I was gonna say if your in appleton theres appleton cigars and souvenirs to rest that weary had with a stick and watch a flat screen and have a drink but your in GB and like emjay said Titletown. and since your leavin at noon i cant drive the 20 mins to show you where it is cause i may not wake up before noon since I work 3rd shift thurs night and am gonna need my beuty sleep so glad I could help. hehe. I told my landlord I made my storage unit in a lil sit and smoke area cause its getting cold and she didn't seem like it was an issue. kinda cozy but yet warm. So us wisconsinites still get to smoke, just need to go to cigar smoking lounges or private home areas.

Savvy
12-02-2010, 03:51 AM
On my way back to Wisconsin in a few weeks. Haven't been home since the ban went into effect, but I'm going to exploit as many places as I can while I'm home. St. Croix Cigar for sure, might head over to the Twin Cities as well. But I will be smoking somewhere :tu

Wanger
12-02-2010, 05:55 AM
On my way back to Wisconsin in a few weeks. Haven't been home since the ban went into effect, but I'm going to exploit as many places as I can while I'm home. St. Croix Cigar for sure, might head over to the Twin Cities as well. But I will be smoking somewhere :tu

You better make time to meet up, you SOB, :) What are the dates you'll be home? I'm off work from Dec 23rd thru Jan 2nd.

cricky101
12-02-2010, 08:19 AM

You better make time to meet up, you SOB, :) What are the dates you'll be home? I'm off work from Dec 23rd thru Jan 2nd.

:tpd: :tu

Conch Republican
12-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Welcome home Jordan!!!!!

Gophernut
12-02-2010, 11:25 AM
:tpd: :tu

:tpd:

Savvy
12-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I'll be home the 22nd to the 4th, but I'll be doing a bit of traveling around the state seeing family for the first couple days. Maybe something a couple days after Christmas can be set up?

Savvy
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Setting things up:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39699