PDA

View Full Version : ASAP Help- Portland, OR tonight

Dukeuni
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
I am spending the night at the Benson tonight and want to know a good place to smoke. I know the Benson bar has a smoking lounge, but I was wondering If there are any better spots- example, is Broadway Cigars worth the drive from the hotel? I should be in Portland by 9 p.m.
Posted via Mobile Device

CigarNut
11-29-2010, 07:55 PM
I would avoid Broadway cigars -- you can smoke but no drinking or food and the prorprietor is likely to hit you up (agressively) for purchases...

El Gaucho -- next door to the Benson is very good, if a little expensive. They have a nice little lounge with a TB that is usually tuned to "the game".

Just down the road a bit (about 8 miles) is the Shilo Inn on Canyon Road and they have a very nice cigar bar upstairs from the lobby. While I like El Gaucho a lot, I tend to hang at the Shilo a lot more :)

If you want to avoid any driving then El Gaucho is the place to go.

Unfortunately, I cannot be there tonight, but there are a lot of BOTLs at the Shilo right now. To get to the Shilo from the Benson -- head out on SW Broadway to SW Jefferson and make a right on Jefferson. Stay on Jefferson for several miles. It will end at an on-ramp on to Hwy 26 West. Get on 26 West and stay in the right lane. You want to get off at the Canyon Road exit and stay to the left lane on the exit ramp. Go under Hwy 26 and you will see the Shilo on your left in about 1.5 miles. Go into the lobby and and head up the stairs on the left. Enjoy!

markem
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
dunno how late El Gaucho is open, but that's the place I'd pick.

Dukeuni
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Dukeuni
11-29-2010, 07:59 PM
There are people at Shilo tonight?
Posted via Mobile Device

markem
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
There are people at Shilo tonight?
Posted via Mobile Device

Monday night football

CigarNut
11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes -- Monday Night Football. There will also be people at El Gaucho -- but fewer since it is a smaller place.

CigarNut
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
I think both places are open until 11pm on weeknights.

Dukeuni
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
What is the address of the Shilo? I can pop thay into my blackberry. I may just head right to Shilo if people are meeting up there tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

markem
11-29-2010, 08:03 PM
What is the address of the Shilo? I can pop thay into my blackberry. I may just head right to Shilo if people are meeting up there tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

9900 SW Canyon Road, Beaverton, OR

Dukeuni
11-30-2010, 01:19 AM
UPDATE:

I ended-up just going to El Gaucho's cigar bar since I got in at around 8:30 p.m., and I am happy I did! I ended-up running into the owner of Broadway Cigar, Jason Lee. He is a great BOTL and gifted me a Partagas 160, and we sat and talked about cigars for a few hours- how retail business works, the value of B&M's, online sellers, etc. It was a great time.

Near the time we were about ready to leave, Ehren McGhehey from the "Jack Ass" series came in to cigar lounger celebrate his birthday with several friends, including some other Jack Ass producers/cast members. Jason gave all of them cigars from his humidor and everyone had a great time. Ended-up sitting around talking with them and stayed a extra hour.

All in all a great time!

Ahbroody
11-30-2010, 01:24 AM
sounds awesome. Always funny how things like this happen.

CigarNut
11-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Good to hear that it all worked out for you. If you are ever back in the area maybe we can all get together!