PDA

View Full Version : Cheap bastid review: EO No. 21 robusto

borndead1
11-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Another cheap, mild Connecticut wrap cigar. :D I smoke more of this type of blend than any other. I just think they make the perfect "first cigar" of the day.

The EO No. 21 is a budget bundle cigar from...EO. They come in bundles of 21 and were able to be had CHEAP on c-bid when they first came out. I must have bought 4-5 bundles of them and also numerous 5 packs. Haven't seen them on c-bid for a while now, and looking online I've seen retail prices anywhere from $35-$50 a bundle.

Pretty well rolled and consistent, I've only had a few that were rolled too tight but none that were rolled too loose so far. In the case of cigars, too loose is better than too tight. ;s

These cigars have an interesting flavor. The typical mild Ct. wrap flavors are there, but the finish has a distinctly unique flavor that I can't describe no matter how many of these I smoke. They also have a distinct floral flavor in the nose that comes on about halfway through the cigar.

I smoke these pretty often. At the price I was getting them on c-bid (under $30/bundle of 21) I like them a lot. I'd have no problem paying $2/stick for these, but probably not more than that. I see they are now being offered in a maduro wrapper. I'd be interested in trying those as well.

MarkinAZ
11-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the review Mark. How long have you had your bundles sitting in the humi?

borndead1
11-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the review Mark. How long have you had your bundles sitting in the humi?

Quite a while. Every bundle I've gotten has been too moist to smoke ROTT. The ones I'm smoking on now are from this spring.

MarkinAZ
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Quite a while. Every bundle I've gotten has been too moist to smoke ROTT. The ones I'm smoking on now are from this spring.

Thanks Mark. Same thing with a bundle of another brand I purchased 6 months ago. First two I smoked made me wonder why I bought the bundle, and I tucked them away. 6 months later, a totally different smoke. Go figure:D

timj219
12-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks Mark. Same thing with a bundle of another brand I purchased 6 months ago. First two I smoked made me wonder why I bought the bundle, and I tucked them away. 6 months later, a totally different smoke. Go figure:D
I'm hoping the same will happen with the perdomo fresh rolled I bought in June