PDA

View Full Version : Enough already!

GolfNut
11-24-2010, 09:14 AM
It's 1 below zero outside right now, the roads are solid ice around here. My Jeep Grand Cherokee broke down yesterday, by big truck ran out of gas this morning and our hot water lines in the house just froze up! On top of that we've got clients that have not paid their bill yet this month and that's killed any Thanksgiving plans.

This has been one of the crappiest months in a long time! We are living in a small portion of our original house that was salvageable after the fire. This portion was the original cinder block and insulation sucks! Best we can do with all the heaters we have is 56 inside right now. It's friggin cold!

Some of you Brothers in the southern states wend some WARM thoughts my way please! :)

I know it's just a temporary arctic storm going through, but it gives me a taste of what it'll be like in January and February again, and I am NOT looking forward to it. We may have to move back into the camp trailer for those months to stay warm enough like last winter.

OK, whiny rant mode off now! :D

Hope everyone else stays warm this weekend and has a Happy Thanksgiving! :noon

I'm off to put on another pair of socks!

CRIMPS
11-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Sometimes, you have to live through the bad times to really enjoy the good times...

GolfNut
11-24-2010, 09:39 AM
76 in Dallas right now. Load up the Uhaul honey and lets go! :banger

Bill86
11-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I feel sorry for you I use to live up north (Michigan) for 20 years to the day.....I don't miss the weather. Now I think I'll put on my sandles and go smoke. ;s

GolfNut
11-24-2010, 01:14 PM
.I don't miss the weather. Now I think I'll put on my sandles and go smoke. ;s
:lr Thanks!

ylo2na
11-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Forrest,
Sounds seriously bad because I cant stand the cold. Wish you well and all the warmth that you can get. If I could package some of this great weather we are having here in Tampa right now, I would surely send it your way. Again, sounds seriously bad, brother so stay warm any way you can.
Best
Chuck

GolfNut
11-24-2010, 02:10 PM
sounds seriously bad, brother so stay warm any way you can.
Best
Chuck

Already tried that...she said NO! :lr

I did run up to the golf course and grab the propane tank off my cart. I brought in my 30,000btu forced air shop heater and it warmed us up QUICK. Brought the rooms up from 53 to 60 and I shut it down and let the other heaters take over. Don't need any Carbon Monoxide buildup in here!

It's warmed up outside to 8 degrees! Woohoo. At least it's just for today. Tomorrow will be back in the upper 20's which is darn near t shirt weather! :banger

Knip23
11-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey Brother where im going its not so cold. PM me your addy i have a couple heaters i can send your way with a power strip. Once i get down to Lousiana. If you want.

O yeah its about 80 degrees in Norman, OK right now.

Knip.

GolfNut
11-24-2010, 03:20 PM
O yeah its about 80 degrees in Norman, OK right now.

Knip.

Thanks for the offer. :tu

I'm pretty sure I have relatives in Noman OK. That's the Smith side of my Paternal Grandmothers family I think.

Say hi for me if you see them. :r

maninblack
11-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Damn this sucks brother. Its about 35 and raining here so it will probably freeze tonight. Stay warm and keep your head up Forrest. And smoke a cigar. That always helps me forget my troubles.

Knip23
11-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the offer. :tu

I'm pretty sure I have relatives in Noman OK. That's the Smith side of my Paternal Grandmothers family I think.

Say hi for me if you see them. :r

I will, if you know where they live ill stop and let them know you said hi. But hey brother pm me your addy please!

Knip.

GolfNut
11-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, after a couple days of no hot water to the bathroom, I finally got those pipes thawed and have a working shower again!

Then we turn on the kitchen sink a half hour ago....no pressure. Crap now what. Go to the bad side of the house, and sure enough, a burst pipe. Dang it I had them wrapped with insulation, but it still froze up enough to mess up a pipe. Thankfully it was in an easy to get to spot that did not require me to crawl under the house. Got it stopped enough today to get us until tomorrow when a hardware store will be open and I can get something to cap the line off.

What's nice is it's up to 27 now and will be in the 40's by Saturday and I can get some real repairs made.

G G
11-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Sorry to hear of all your bad times Forrest, prayers for better to come.

GolfNut
11-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear of all your bad times Forrest, prayers for better to come.

Hey, I'm just happy I didn't have to crawl under the house in all that water. :noon

Just a string of bad luck. It'll turn around soon. Thanks for the thoughts. :tu

Knip23
11-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey brother if you keep your water dripping in the winter a lot of the time your pipes won't freeze. I don't know kif you did that but my dad told me about it. Hope all goes better brother.

Knip

GolfNut
11-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Hey brother if you keep your water dripping in the winter a lot of the time your pipes won't freeze. I don't know kif you did that but my dad told me about it. Hope all goes better brother.

Knip

Yeah, we did that for the kitchen last couple nights and all last winter in the camp trailer.

I just figure this can all be fodder for our attorney when we finally drag the damned insurance company into court this Spring!

GolfNut
11-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Woohoo. Got the water leaks fixed yesterday. About 7pm Wife decides popcorn and a cigar would be good, so I get the pot out and get it heating. I decided Hey I don't need to go anywhere, I think I'll change into sweats too!

Walk out of the bedroom all comfy and my phone goes off. My son (delivery driver for pizza hut) just broke his key off in his ignition and is stranded at a gas station. Crap.

Go change clothes, wife takes over popcorn, I hop in my truck and head out to where he is, see the damage. We come back up to the house, he drops me off and uses the truck for his job. I gather up tools and head back in the other car. The tip of the key is so far inside the lock, it won't pick out. (BMW 325e 1986) On top of that, part of the key crumbled so we can't even use the broken off part to stick back in and make it work. So, an hour and a half of making pick tools and patient work, I get it to turn on and get the dang thing home.

This morning, we manage to get the ignition lock out. Now, this is no small feat since on this BMW you must have the key in the #1 position before you can remove the steering wheel to gain access to the lock mechanism. Finally got the thing out and had to end up dismantling it clear down to the wafers in order to free up the stuck key part. This is the point where we somehow lost a springloaded very tiny little steel rod that positioned a critical part of the lock assembly.:c 2 hrs later after many trials I finally had made the proper length tiny rod and got the dang thing all back together and working right. Whew.

It's 1pm and now I get to do MY chores: Invoicing and getting pipe tobacco bagged up and pipes mailed out. Get all of it done, hop in the truck to get the packages mailed off. It's starting to snow. Again. Was in too big a hurry I guess and the cold tranny hadn't fully engaged into drive, so it managed to rev up a little when it kicked in. Hard. This is a big beefy truck. Strong drivetrain front to back, so no big worries. Except for the motor mounts apparently! :bh Must have been stock.

So, now I get to replace the drivers side motor mount tomorrow...in the snow. What a freakin week! :r

I'm still having Coyote days.:<