PDA

View Full Version : World Economy

TonySmith
11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
I know there is no way around it, but this world economy is making investments nose dive. 90% of my investments down today because concerns over Irelands elections and they may be needing a bailout. Give me a break.

Ashcan Bill
11-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Portugal is next, probably early next year, with Spain lurking in the background. And bear in mind the bailouts are only band aids. The underlying problems still need to be solved.

Meanwhile we're running our own printing presses full speed.

I'm a little wary of the markets right now.

mosesbotbol
11-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Yes, the PIGS are going to put the hurt in a lot investors. Then again, this is a huge opportunity. All depends on your perspective.

CigarNut
11-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Portugal is next, probably early next year, with Spain lurking in the background. And bear in mind the bailouts are only band aids. The underlying problems still need to be solved.

Meanwhile we're running our own printing presses full speed.

I'm a little wary of the markets right now.
It's a real problem when the people won't pay for the government services that they (the people) have demanded the government provide...

Roads, transportation, garbage pick-up, etc., are not entitlements!

I wish we could just say to these people "you dug the hole, you figure out how to fill it in -- we have our own problems" but that won't happen...

Ashcan Bill
11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Then again, this is a huge opportunity. All depends on your perspective.

Absolutely! ;)

Commander Quan
11-23-2010, 09:45 AM
It's a real problem when the people won't pay for the government services that they (the people) have demanded the government provide...

I wish we could just say to these people "you dug the hole, you figure out how to fill it in -- we have our own problems" but that won't happen...

This is only a small portion of the problem. The ponzi scheme that the Gov't is running is the big problem.

Subvet642
11-23-2010, 10:13 AM
:hm

CigarNut
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Just to clarify -- I was referring to the various European countries that are on the verge of going broke... Many people refuse to pay their taxes thinking its voluntary, and then get angry when the government(s) are forced to cut back on or eliminate services...

icehog3
11-23-2010, 10:20 AM
And we're done here.