PDA

View Full Version : Humidor ?

flybum62
11-21-2010, 01:21 PM
I have a nice cigar box that I think would make a good extra humidor. It is all wood with a lip on the inside lid and when closed, is pretty tight. I figure that if I season it, it will work. Jump in and give you opinion.:confused:
JS

kelmac07
11-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Have a picture Jeff? When you close it, do you get the "swoosh" sound to enure a good air tight seal? What kind of wood?

Ranger_B
11-21-2010, 01:29 PM
A seal is great. Thickness of the overall wood as well as its ability to maintain a consistent environment is what makes a good humidor. I would still drop a hygrometer in there to see. I have seen some cigar boxes made to double as a humidor however most fail to measure up.

Bill86
11-21-2010, 02:36 PM
A seal is great. Thickness of the overall wood as well as its ability to maintain a consistent environment is what makes a good humidor. I would still drop a hygrometer in there to see. I have seen some cigar boxes made to double as a humidor however most fail to measure up.

:tu

To me those humidor cigar boxes are more of a novelty and are just a gimmick to make you think you are getting more to entice you into buying the cigars.

I was turned on to coolidors and I'm never going back. Someday I'll get a nice Vinotemp but for now coolidors are so practical, durable, spacious and cheap. They also hold rock solid humidity. Hard to argue the price point as well, $140 gets you 30 or boxes worth of storage. That includes the cooler, beads and hygrometer.

:2

joeobx
11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
:tu

To me those humidor cigar boxes are more of a novelty and are just a gimmick to make you think you are getting more to entice you into buying the cigars.

I was turned on to coolidors and I'm never going back. Someday I'll get a nice Vinotemp but for now coolidors are so practical, durable, spacious and cheap. They also hold rock solid humidity. Hard to argue the price point as well, $140 gets you 30 or boxes worth of storage. That includes the cooler, beads and hygrometer.

:2

Yeah they work and are cheap, Have plenty of storage.......but the wife has issue's with one in the family room :r

Bill86
11-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah they work and are cheap, Have plenty of storage.......but the wife has issue's with one in the family room :r

:r :r :r

I keep mine in my closet, my whole closet floor is a coolidor and desktop. It's not a walk in closet though. I forget a lot of what I do doesn't apply to you guys because you guys are married.

They are hard to find space for that is the only issue really. I imagine if I ever need another one I'll put it somewhere in the basement or garage. But as of now my coolidor is maybe 1/3 full. :tu