PDA

View Full Version : Crushed...

Superbad
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
by USPS. A BOTL here on the boards was kind enough to sell me his empty Tatuaje Black Jar. I was really looking forward to this, as I was thinking I want to start collecting jars. Well despite his best efforts of packing, what arrived yesterday was a nice 5er and box full of broken porcelain. I do not blame the BOTL, and will not mention his name, as he is a good guy. Just wanted to vent, and let the collectors out there know their jar just became a bit more rare.
In the long run this will likely save me money spent on special and regional edition jars. I think I will just get a really nice humidor instead, and fill it with the good stuff.

I emptied the box onto a tray. They must have gone crazy on the box.

kelmac07
11-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear Bobby...that sucks!!! Got some Superglue?

quantim0
11-20-2010, 04:26 PM
I just threw up a little.

Bill86
11-20-2010, 04:27 PM
No doubt it's the postal services fault. I can't tell you how many times they kick/mishandle packages sorry to hear it Bobby.

Ogre
11-20-2010, 04:36 PM
That really sucks.

G G
11-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Epic Fail on USPS. :td

CoreyD
11-20-2010, 05:07 PM
And that is why i had styrofoam and extra extra padding with the coffee cup and other stuff I sent Big ash, cause as soon as I saw the young mailman grab my package at the counter I saw him throw it on a table well made me think how many people were gonna throw it from wi to pa

smelvis
11-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry that had to suck, I wish I had one I would send it to you!

Dave

ninjavanish
11-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Ok so when I say I ship a LOT of stuff... And that neither ups, fedex or usps have ANY clue what fragile means...

They even have big orange stickers that say fragile but they apparently don't apply to any of their workers.

So when I say redundancy is key and there is no such thing as too much padding... I mean the more ridiculous the package seems... The better.

Sorry to see your jar fell victim.

I once saw a ups guy literally kick a box with fragile labels all over it off the back of his truck... Then continue to drop 3-4 heavy boxes on top of it. Obviously they simply do not care to pay enough attention because they have the easiest excuse for why it broke... Wasn't packaged well enough.

Bill86
11-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Ninja don't lie, they make 9-10 an hour they don't care about your packages whatsoever. Holidays are worse the package handlers work 2am-9am. I almost did this temporarily maybe 6 years ago. But deemed it not worth it whatsoever. I had friends that worked at UPS/Fedex rumor has it fedex kicks more packages as UPS workers have better benefits.

Eleven
11-20-2010, 05:40 PM
I was worried sick waiting on my jar to come in the mail. It did arrive safely though. I am just as sick looking at this, what a shame.

jsd
11-20-2010, 05:58 PM
That doesn't look like it was just dropped once on accident. The PO probably has a little fun with packages that have the fragile stickers on them. Wow what a bummer.

Brooks W
11-20-2010, 06:00 PM
That sucks :(

Just out of curiosity, the tat black jar was actually shipped with a cardboard box that it fit into...Was it shipped in that?

Sorry about your loss :(

~brooks

Superbad
11-20-2010, 06:37 PM
That sucks :(

Just out of curiosity, the tat black jar was actually shipped with a cardboard box that it fit into...Was it shipped in that?

Sorry about your loss :(

~brooks

Nope, it was packed in a USPS box. Thanks for the support everyone. Just had to vent, ya know.