PDA

View Full Version : Warsteiner Dunkel

lyle23
11-20-2010, 03:36 PM
ok soo this is my new favorite beer, or should i say i cant get enough of it right now. its a german (obviously) dark beer that hasnt been easy to find in my neck of the woods. i found one store that stocks it and bought them out of it for the last 3 weeks. anyone else had this? what are your thoughts if you have?

replicant_argent
11-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Warsteiner is one of my favorites as well. Those Bavarians are pretty good at making beer.:chr

druturn
11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Gotta love Warsteiner! If you like Warsteiner, give some other German beers a shot, such as Fraziskaner(my absolute favorite beer to date), Paulaner, and if you can find it, Radeberger. When I was in Germany, I always had a few bottles of these beers strapped onto my backpack! :D

MikeyC
11-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I've never had this one but I do love a good Dunkel.

lyle23
11-20-2010, 08:24 PM
agreed on the paulaner, yet to try the others you mentioned, but i will make it a point to now.

RevSmoke
11-20-2010, 08:36 PM
This is an exquisite Dunkel. Good call!

eldondo
11-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Warsteiner is one of my favorites as well. Those Bavarians are pretty good at making beer.:chr

Warsteiner is not from Bavaria.... itīs comin from the city Warstein which is in North Rhine-Westphalia. One of the worst German beers imho. There are many beers around which are much better. Leaves a terrible taste in the mouth, especially at the day after.

druturn
11-21-2010, 04:08 PM
One of the worst German beers imho.

False. Until you have tried the 8 cents per half-liter bottle of beers in Germany, you don't know what bad beer is. Warsteiner seems like gold compared to some other beers in Germany, trust me. I know it is not fair to compare an 8 cent beer to a name brand beer, but just be careful in the future in choosing your phrasing of "worst German beers." :D

replicant_argent
11-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Warsteiner is not from Bavaria.... itīs comin from the city Warstein which is in North Rhine-Westphalia. One of the worst German beers imho. There are many beers around which are much better. Leaves a terrible taste in the mouth, especially at the day after.

Well, oh my gosh, I seem to have been horribly wrong on more than one count.
Please forgive my inferior and poorly trained American tastebuds and my equally poor knowledge of German regions. I have been appropriately schooled, and am quite humbled.

lyle23
11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
One of the worst German beers imho.

please share your thoughts here eldondo. i love this and really enloyed the other german beers ive had soo far. i would really like to hear what your thoughts are on the german beers you have had.

eldondo
11-22-2010, 12:32 AM
False. Until you have tried the 8 cents per half-liter bottle of beers in Germany, you don't know what bad beer is. Warsteiner seems like gold compared to some other beers in Germany, trust me. I know it is not fair to compare an 8 cent beer to a name brand beer, but just be careful in the future in choosing your phrasing of "worst German beers." :D

8 cents per half-liter bottle of beer shouldn't named beer! :r

For the rest: I guess that I'm in situation to know a bit more about German beers than you cuz I lived app. 35 years in Germany. I'm native German.

Well, oh my gosh, I seem to have been horribly wrong on more than one count.
Please forgive my inferior and poorly trained American tastebuds and my equally poor knowledge of German regions. I have been appropriately schooled, and am quite humbled.

Don't worry about that... my knowledges about regions in the US are not better.

And speakin about tastebuds: maybe you like it, all people have different likings, but for me it's one of the worst.

druturn
11-22-2010, 01:21 AM
8 cents per half-liter bottle of beer shouldn't named beer! :r

I don't know how they get away with calling it "beer", but somehow they do. As a poor college student I am not going to lie by saying that I didn't try a few bottles of these when I was there. Let's just say I never repayed them a visit after the first few bottles. :D

Also, wohin du in Deutschland gelebt? Ich war in Leipzig fur vier monate mit mein Universitat fur ein "Study Abroad" Programm. Meine Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber ich liebe der Deutsche Sprache! Ich LIEBE Deutschland, und Deutsche Biere! :)

eldondo
11-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Originally I am from Ludwigshafen/Rhein, where the BASF (chemical company) is located. Before I moved to Switzerland I lived 10 years in Darmstadt (which is 30 km south of Frankfurt).

druturn
11-22-2010, 02:28 AM
Originally I am from Ludwigshafen/Rhein, where the BASF (chemical company) is located. Before I moved to Switzerland I lived 10 years in Darmstadt (which is 30 km south of Frankfurt).

Achso! Ich habe ein Fruend in Darmstadt. Er ist in Univesitat da. Sehr toll!