PDA

View Full Version : skoreit.com

forgop
11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Anyone use it and have success? Interesting concept, but I'll bet people at the end of the day can spend a great deal of money racking up bidding fees without a thing to show for it. Probably not a good tool for those with gambling issues.

They advertise getting stuff dirt cheap...I'm watching a 16GB iPad...bidding is at $28. Your best price for buying these bids straight up is $0.60/bid. In this scenario, this $500 iPad makes skoreit.com at least $1700 on this. Not a bad gig I reckon.

hotreds
11-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Yes, I was interested in these penny auction sites as well. These guys make oodles of money, and the winner can get a good deal, but the multiple losers do just that: lose! Basically I look at it as gambling. You might win but mostly you lose! Better off spending more and at least getting what you want! My :2

forgop
11-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Yes, I was interested in these penny auction sites as well. These guys make oodales of money, and the winner can get a good deal, but the multiple losers do just that: lose! Basically I look at it as gambling. You might win but mostly you lose! Better off spending more and at least getting what you want! My :2

I figure a way around it is to just use all the various promo codes available for free bids and creating multiple accounts.

elderboy02
11-18-2010, 08:01 AM
I used the free code you get from the Mike & Mike show on ESPN. Once the free bids ran out, I stopped using it.

forgop
11-18-2010, 08:05 AM
I used the free code you get from the Mike & Mike show on ESPN. Once the free bids ran out, I stopped using it.

Yeah, you can use espn or rome...lots of others out there I'm sure. I'll bet this iPad I'm watching brings in over $2,000 before the frenzy is over.