PDA

View Full Version : Doc wins Cy...

BigAsh
11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Roy Halladay claims his second career Cy Young Award
Phillies ace Roy Halladay added to his historic season by earning the National League Cy Young Award today, marking the second time in his career that he has been honored by the Baseball Writers' Association of America as the league's top pitcher.

The 2010 season was his first with the Phillies and Halladay responded by leading the league in wins (21), complete games (nine), shutouts (four) and innings pitched (250 2/3). He also became just the 20th pitcher in baseball history to throw a perfect game and pitched just the second no-hitter in postseason history in Game 1 of the NL Division Series against the Reds, although the BBWAA votes for its postseason awards before the playoffs.

He is just the fifth pitcher in baseball history to win the Cy Young Award in both leagues, having won the 2003 award while with the Blue Jays. Gaylord Perry, Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson and Roger Clemens have already accomplished that feat.

elderboy02
11-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Roy Halladay is a stud. Well deserved.

Powers
11-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Even as a Braves fan I can admit he deserved this one. Unfortunately I think Satan, I mean the Yankees, will throw stupid money at him like they do every other good player and Halladay will be wearing the pinstrips next year.

On the bright side, the Braves wouldn't have to face him :)

jonumberone
11-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately I think Satan, I mean the Yankees, will throw stupid money at him like they do every other good player and Halladay will be wearing the pinstrips next year.

Even the all powerful Yankees don't have the ability to sign players already under contract ;)

Doc deserves this. An absolute stud!!!!

BigAsh
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Even the all powerful Yankees don't have the ability to sign players already under contract ;)

.....Lee and Halladay together at last... in Pinstripes..... in 2012 :td

Bunker
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Yeah, they will throw stupid money at Cliff Lee instead :mad:

yourchoice
11-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Congratulations Doc! Well deserved. :tu

Powers
11-16-2010, 01:16 PM

Yeah, they will throw stupid money at Cliff Lee instead :mad:

Whoops, I confused Halladay w/Lee :sh. Don't mind me gentlemen -(P

MedicCook
11-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Congrats to Doc.

Coach Deg
11-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Very well deserving!!! And a great man! Lives in East Lake area and when you see him out he is a humble classy guy!!!

scoot
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Red pinstripes, in my dreams.

kelmac07
11-16-2010, 06:37 PM
WTF?? You mean Ollie Perez didn't win? :r :r

Congrats to Doc...a man amongst boys!!! Well deserved...even if he is a Phillie. :D

VirtualSmitty
11-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Not surprised. Take the best pitcher in the American league, move him to the national league, profit. Well deserved Doc, congrats :tu