PDA

View Full Version : It has been a miserable month...

Bunker
11-12-2010, 05:30 AM
I lost a grandmother (head of a large Italian family - whom are already bickering about the the estate which will take until next summer to settle ending with many of them not speaking to each other).

My ex-wife lost 2 people she was close with, which didn't directly impact me but my daughter has now attended 3 funerals in 30 days - a little much to take for a 12-year-old.

The stepson and now the wife have had terrible, antibiotic-required illnesses that just won't quit.

The wife has also heard rumors about her job being in question, which of course seems to make my hair fall out when I start writing check for the monthly bills.

Heating oil is up, my tank is about 1/2 empty and it isn't even winter yet.

My job appears safe but we are going through the annual finger-pointing which usually ends with lay-off rumors and no wage increase for the 4th year running (which equals a cut with the constant cost-of-living increases).

Don't even mention Christmas to me (which has even more poor souls with their hands out than usual).

So how does one deal with these stress inducing blues?

By planning to bomb the shite out of someone!

You have been warned. :hy

maninblack
11-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Sorry to hear about all this Rick. This time of year is always stressful but I love the looks on my boys faces on Christmas day and that makes it all worth it to me. Hope things get better for you brother and that everything works out.

Lumpold
11-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Chin up, old bean. Stiff upper lip, what what.
-----
Cigar Asylum - Heaven for the Cigar Enthusiast.
"When in doubt, bomb the living crap outta people"
-----

Now, that could be a t-shirt.

shilala
11-12-2010, 06:40 AM
I always add up all my complaints, and Thank God with all my heart that I'm not someone else. Shitty as it may be sometimes, I wouldn't trade shoes with anyone.
Then I like to bomb Mac. :tu

RevSmoke
11-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Rick, will keep you and the family in my prayers as you deal with all the stuff going on.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Superbad
11-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I hope that things take a turn for the positive for you very soon. Bombing Mac might help too!

G G
11-12-2010, 06:53 AM
I always add up all my complaints, and Thank God with all my heart that I'm not someone else. Shitty as it may be sometimes, I wouldn't trade shoes with anyone.
Then I like to bomb Mac. :tu
That makes the most sense to me.:r I will try to live by this from now on.

hscmit
11-12-2010, 07:34 AM
hope it turns around for you