PDA

View Full Version : 1st up close experience...

CBI_2
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
with NASCAR. The Crown Royal sponsored car showed up at the liquor store where I work this afternoon. The guy fired it up and revved it a few times. This produced some whoops and hollers from some of those that had gathered. The guy said that'll bring the redneck out of a city slicker.

It was pretty cool to see and hear up close. A co-worker got a picture of me with it.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn264/cigarshirts/IMG_20101110_161110.jpg

ChicagoWhiteSox
11-10-2010, 09:18 PM
That's awesome Paul:tu

Sailchaser
11-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Very cool Paul, hopefully next time you'll take it around the block a few times:D

macms
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Amazing cars aren't they Paul. I got a chance to see one (I think it was the Bud car) at a Checker Auto Parts store last summer. I spent a long time looking at how it was put together. Hell, there wasn't one thing original that I could tell. I don't know if it brings out the red neck, but it sure brought out the kid in me. :D

jmsremax
11-11-2010, 06:30 AM
That's sweet! A few years ago a local Home Depot had Stewart's car out front and fired it up. It was great. :tu

TripleF
11-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Very cool brother. very cool. Did you get us a little Crown for the EPIC weekend? :dr

CBI_2
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Very cool Paul, hopefully next time you'll take it around the block a few times:D
Don't I wish. :banger
Amazing cars aren't they Paul. I got a chance to see one (I think it was the Bud car) at a Checker Auto Parts store last summer. I spent a long time looking at how it was put together. Hell, there wasn't one thing original that I could tell. I don't know if it brings out the red neck, but it sure brought out the kid in me. :D
Yea it was interesting to look under the hood. Shows it ceased to be STOCK car racing a long time ago. Still pretty cool.