PDA

View Full Version : Just stumbled upon Five Guys

forgop
11-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Burgers and fries there=YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akakirby
11-01-2010, 03:50 PM
agreed, good burgers and I love the cajun fries!

Blueface
11-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I rate them up there with In N Out.
Both have the best burgers in the fast food business.

ninjavanish
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Burgers and fries there=YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG dude, do you feel more alive now?!

longknocker
11-01-2010, 03:59 PM
They Are Good!:banger Had Some Today!:tu Remember To Order A Small Order Of Fries; It's More Than Enough For 2 People!:noon

Blueface
11-01-2010, 04:00 PM
There is one across the street from my Cardiologist.
Just went to see him a few weeks back.
Before the appointment, went to 5 Guys and pigged out.
Went to the office and he could smell me a mile away.
Told him I figured if I was going to die from that burger from a heart attack, it would at least be in his office.:D

kelmac07
11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks these are way overpriced and not worth the hype??

chachee52
11-01-2010, 04:08 PM

No, I agree with you. I will say that the fries are really good. But the burgers honestly did nothing for me. It cost about $11 for a burger, fries and a drink. I can go up the street to a unbelievable steak house and get a hand ground burger that's 1/2 pound and hand cut fries for $10.

hotreds
11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
We love 'em!

forgop
11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
No, I agree with you. I will say that the fries are really good. But the burgers honestly did nothing for me. It cost about $11 for a burger, fries and a drink. I can go up the street to a unbelievable steak house and get a hand ground burger that's 1/2 pound and hand cut fries for $10.

Yeah, it's a bit steep. Yesterday, 2 burgers, large fries, and a drink was $18 I think. The large fries was an entire basket I think.

VirtualSmitty
11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Five Guys is awesome and recently was voted best fast food burger in the nation ahead of In-N-Out in Zagats. But I still prefer In-N-Out just a touch more.

Blueface
11-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah, it's a bit steep. Yesterday, 2 burgers, large fries, and a drink was $18 I think. The large fries was an entire basket I think.

In my town, two burgers (doubles), reg fries (feeds two to three and then some) and two drinks is under $18.

The way I see it, I can do a Double Stack meal at Wendy's for $3.00 and feel like I am eating rubber or I can pay $5 more and have the best.

BeerAdvocate
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I prefer Smash Burger and In N Out

stewshi
11-01-2010, 05:30 PM

All 3 are very good for different reasons but ill have to check again im pretty sure I didnt pay near $11 for a meal at 5 Guys. Maybe its just cheaper out here.

bscottskangum
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I enjoy 5 guys...but it is too expensive for a burger and fries....you can get a great burger for less

I prefer a local joint... Smitty's Better Burger http://www.smittysbetterburger.com/ :D

68TriShield
11-01-2010, 06:00 PM
After having fresh Venison burgers yesterday,it's tough to think about Beef.
So juicy and tender...

elderboy02
11-01-2010, 06:03 PM
There is one 200 feet from my work. I don't get there as often as I like to because of the price, but it is good!

CigarNut
11-01-2010, 06:04 PM
One of the best burgers in Oregon... My favorite is Tommy's Original in LA :D

DocLogic77
11-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Smashburger is terrific.

Martel
11-01-2010, 06:16 PM
I know other places I can get a better burger,but by fast food standards, they are pretty darn good.

Cheers,
G

ninjavanish
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Listen, if you guys want to compare burgers... it's OBVIOUS... that the best burgers come from my own grill and from my own kitchen... HOWEVER... for $6.49+tax (The price for a 5G Bacon CB at my nearest location) I feel like it is a darn good deal for what it is. And it's not JUST the burger that you get. Most people just stop by long enough to place an order, pay, pick up and take out... but if you ever get the chance to stop in and watch the process that they use to create burgers at such a rapid pace (Same with In-and-Out)... and to see your fries being made right in front of you... I mean literally... it was a whole potato less than 30 seconds before it was french fries... It's the EXPERIENCE that I enjoy...

Ok so it's clear that I love a good burger joint... and trust me, I'm a self-proclaimed aficionado... But there is something about both Five Guys and In-and-Out (Especially in-and-out) that reminds me of how it must have been in the olden days. Like... I could almost close my eyes and imagine a jukebox playing Chuck Berry music with a parking lot full of 1950's Chevy Bel-Air's.

These two places are the essence of the burger joint... and I say screw Ruby Tuesday's and Chili's and those wannabe "Something for everyone" type restaurants... I like a place that does one thing... and does it well... and has no problem about saying it...

Just look at the menu... You can get a burger... or a cheeseburger... or a bacon cheeseburger... and just for good measure 5 guys throw in a decent hot dog... which I'm sure not many here will refute the goodness that can be found betwixt those buns (Yeah, I said it... what?).

688sonarmen
11-01-2010, 06:45 PM
It's good but I'm totally worthless at work after eating one. There should be a warning "Don't eat 5 guys and drive home" as you are asking to fall asleep at the wheel:D

Smokin Gator
11-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Love me some 5 Guys. The small burger and small fries is way more than enough!!

AD720
11-01-2010, 06:52 PM
My favorite part about 5 guys is the attitude of the employees. It's a breath of fresh air, at least here in center city. The company must take good care of them and it shows in the way they treat the customers.

GTsetGO
11-01-2010, 06:59 PM

i have found that they are hit and miss.

Charlottesville 5 guys = hamburger awesomeness.

Hampton 5 guys = overpriced mediocre burger

i could go on as i have been quite a few 5 guys

forgop
11-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Buddy of mine updated his facebook status a few weeks ago something like "I had Five Guys for lunch today"...took on a whole new meaning after awhile. :r

Bill86
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM

Nope, I hate those small patty grease burgers. I've been there once...there was a lot of hype and I was pretty hungry. Didn't do it for me. The fries are fresh cut...meh...they just take a whole potato and throw in through a press. Then deep fry them it takes like 3 minutes and 30 seconds for fresh cut fries. I worked at a VERY VERY similar burger joint a few years back, never could eat the food.

BigCat
11-02-2010, 06:06 AM
I think it's great. I stopped by a couple weeks ago and grabbed a burger and fries. I don't remember what I paid, but it didn't strike me as out of line for what I got. The large fry was HUGE and the burger was pretty sizeable as well. They just opened a second location closer to my house than the one I stopped at - it could be dangerous. It is the best fast food burger I've ever had by far, though I've never had the pleasure of In-N-Out burger, despite my love of the Big Lebowski.

kelmac07
11-02-2010, 06:26 AM

Of course, this is the one I ate at!!

Bunker
11-02-2010, 06:44 AM
We were into the local on about a year ago, and then suddenly the management changed. The buns we no longer fresh and they started to ration the napkins (can you eat those fries without a couple of dozen napkins? I can't). We haven't been there since.

landhoney
11-02-2010, 09:02 AM

I agree, up in MD could barely get my mouth around the double cheeseburger, down here they smash the burgers down with a press like Steak and Shake :confused:

Da Klugs
11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
once a week lunch stop for us.

About a PC round trip journey.... with a bit of wandering.

Best part of going there is watching "rookies" that let their 4 kids each order a large fry. :D

McSmokey
11-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Love going to Five Guys. Usually the sack is so full of fries you have to dump it out on a plate just to get the burger. It's Awesome!!

shilala
11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I like the peanuts. :)
If I order a cheeseburger, large fries and a drink, it's more than enough for two people.
In comparison, Burger King would cost more to feed two people, and everything there is gross aside from the Whopper (which is also arguable, but I love them sunsab1tchez).
I don't think five guys burgers are any kind of culinary masterpiece. I do think that if a couple orders smart and shares, it's a good value with food that's above average for fast food. And it's fun. :tu

docdoty
11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
5 guys is good, we just got one in lubbock about 6 months ago

LasciviousXXX
11-02-2010, 10:16 AM
We just got a 5 Guys built a couple miles from our house. Never had it but will have to give it a shot after all this talk :tu

NCRadioMan
11-02-2010, 10:22 AM
As a connoisseur of fine, fast-food dining, I can't think of a better place to enjoy ones time of consumption. :D

HollywoodQue
11-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Some of the best, if not the best, burgers I have ever tasted...but be careful, they are addictive.

MajorCaptSilly
11-02-2010, 10:47 AM
We just had Five Guys after my son's knee surgery on Friday. It's not on my allowed to eat list since I'm trying to lose weight, but it was a wonderful change of pace. Those fries are awesome!

MCS

tx_tuff
11-02-2010, 03:04 PM
They haven't been here two long, maybe a year/ year and half. I love them, food is just fresh!! And thats what it is all about! Somebody said something about Wendy's earlier, OMG I hate their burgers! One of the best things I like is the fresh Jalapenos, no other fast food place has them! No In and Out here, there is a Smash Burger 15 to 20 miles from me but I haven't eaten there yet, need to try it out.

Five Guys for me and the wife, 1 double cheese burger, one burger, small fry with tax is $12.59 and we both leave fat fat full. That is not a bad deal for fresh food. I didn't add the drinks because they are over priced everywhere!!!!