PDA

View Full Version : Esoterica's Dunbar

Emjaysmash
10-30-2010, 01:57 PM
First off, I'd like to thank Bunker and Darrell for getting me this tin.

I smoked my first bowl of this in MM Great Dane.
This blend smells very fruity in the tin, much like Prunes .
Upon lighting, the flavor was predominantly sweet spice from the perique that overshadowed the Virgina tobaccos but was not overly burdonsome through the nose.

The blend doesn't have a lot of complexity as it smoke through the bowl, only that the intensity of the sweet spice varies throughout. The tobacco burned to a nice fine ash and tamped easily.

That being said, I really enjoyed this blend. I would say it's a bit sweeter than Escudo, and a bit spicier through the nose.

I would recomennd this blend, but I'd probably recommend most Va/Pers, as I haven't had one yet that I haven't enjoyed.

Bunker
10-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Glad you enjoyed it!

BigFrank
10-30-2010, 07:01 PM
I smell another baccy trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdawg
02-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a good blend! Thanks for the review!

alfredo_buscatti
03-28-2011, 04:14 AM
I had a tin of Dunbar a long time ago, but I don't even think that I smoked it; trade probably.

RevSmoke
03-28-2011, 07:06 AM
This is a great blend. Nice review.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

MajorCaptSilly
03-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Dunbar was one of my favorites when I started pipe smoking. This is a great crossover tobacco when you're graduating from aromatics to Virginia blends.

MCS

Tetzel
03-08-2012, 05:51 AM
I like all of the Esoterica blends. Dunbar was a great one, and I still have a 10 year old unopened tin of it. I think my favorites are Pembroke (Cognac blend) and Stonehaven (stoved pressed flake).