PDA

View Full Version : What's Inside Your Humidor: Clint Aaron of 262 Cigars

OHRD
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Each Thursday, we’ll be asking those closest to the industry what they keep in their humidor and what their smoking habits are…

This week we are joined by Clint Aaron, President of 262 Cigars. We’ve been in contact with the three guys behind 262 since last year, when they released their inaugural cigar, the Paradigm. They also recently released their second blend, the Ideology. All of the guys at 262 are awesome to talk with, and are a joy to get to know.

What’s in your humidor?
I keep a small 50 count humidor on my desk. I typically don’t buy boxes because I like to keep things fresh for my palate, but you’ll find some13th Floor Foundation, El Primer Mundo Liga Miami, Drew Estate Liga Privada, CAO La Traviata, Cabaiguan Guapos, an assortment of Alec Bradley products, and a few original Paradigm and Ideology samples from the blending process.

What kind of humidor (and size) do you use for your personal storage?
I use a glossy black 50 count humidor from Old Virginia Tobacco Company. It was a gift from a close friend of mine while we were living in Northern Virginia. My wife (the best one in the world) just gave me the green-light to build a walk-in humidor in our house. I’m really looking forward to that.

How many cigars are in your humidor right now?
I have about 35 in there right now. I usually buy cigars at local shops and smoke them shortly after I purchase them. I mainly use my humidor for aging.

Are you currently testing any new blends for your company? Any details?
We are working on some stuff for an IPCPR 2011 launch. This will be a full-bodied, full- strength cigar. We’re still working on the notes, but we’re shooting for a very nutty, leathery, spicy cigar.

How many cigars do you smoke in a typical day, when your not blend testing?
It really depends on the day. Some days I smoke 3-4, and other days I don’t smoke anything. I try to smoke at least one cigar a day to help me “stop and smell the roses.”

What are some of your all time favorite cigars?
Padron 1964 Aniversario Exculsivo is my all-time favorite cigar. I may be the only person in the world that prefers the 1964 over the 1926. Cabaigaun Guapos Rx, El Rey de Los Habanos, Don Pepin Red Label, and Alec Bradley SCR.

kelmac07
10-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Nice...really enjoy these. :D

hscmit
10-28-2010, 10:05 AM
thanks, I have enjoyed reading through these

DaBear
10-28-2010, 11:30 AM
He's not alone in his love of the 64 over the 26. And the exclusivo is the perfect size, keeps you from smoking the cigar for too long and getting bored with it.

hammondc
10-28-2010, 02:50 PM
He's not alone in his love of the 64 over the 26. And the exclusivo is the perfect size, keeps you from smoking the cigar for too long and getting bored with it.

+1. 1964 Exclusivo is my absolute favorite ever. I may spark one tonight.

Brad
10-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Another one here that likes the 64' over the 26' series.

gijoey959
10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
:tu I thought I was alone in my preference for the 64