PDA

View Full Version : Im looking for a particular vintage cigar...

s15driftking
10-25-2010, 07:25 PM
There was a website a couple years back that offered one (and only one) cigar brand that were aged old stock for about 50.00 bucks a box.... the sticks were about 20 years old. they came in several sizes. Can anyone help me identify the brand/website. I'd like to try and purchase a box.

htown
10-25-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't remember the name but I am 99% sure I read a review of them on stogie guys.

Louistogies
10-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Sounds vague.

LostAbbott
10-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow that is vague.... $50 for 20 year old cigars sounds like some really dog rockets....

T.G
10-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh, yeah, I remember...

It was that site.

No, not that one, the other one.

Nope, not them either.

Yes, THEM! You got it!

Emjaysmash
10-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Cerdan?

http://www.vintagecerdan.com/

T.G
10-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Cerdan?

M.J = Tiger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1st1Vw2kY

Emjaysmash
10-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Does this mean that if I'm right I get to try one of the vintage Cerdans? lol

bscottskangum
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
...Vintage Cerdans...I am intrigued :hm

njstone
10-26-2010, 06:26 AM
So if I buy a bunch of Swisher Sweets today will I be able to sell them for a bundle in 30 years, lol?

McSmokey
10-26-2010, 06:40 AM
none of the purchase links seem to be working right now. :hm

elderboy02
10-26-2010, 06:45 AM
The link to purchase them doesn't work

Eleven
10-26-2010, 07:20 AM
22 more years in your humi and you will have 50 year old cigars!

Emjaysmash
10-26-2010, 07:35 AM
none of the purchase links seem to be working right now. :hm

The link to purchase them doesn't work

:sh

NCRadioMan
10-26-2010, 09:28 AM
OMG, Cerdan?

One of the worst cigars ever made, imo. :pu

elderboy02
10-26-2010, 09:30 AM
OMG, Cerdan?

One of the worst cigars ever made, imo. :pu

Worse than a Cremosa Cubana? :pu

NCRadioMan
10-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Worse than a Cremosa Cubana? :pu

Nah, but very close!

s15driftking
10-26-2010, 11:09 AM
So if I buy a bunch of Swisher Sweets today will I be able to sell them for a bundle in 30 years, lol?

you are welcome to do whatever you want. I wont bust your balls.

$50 for 20 year old cigars sounds like some really dog rockets....

What? Have you smoked them? I'm open to your review... Oh you have not? OHHH, Ok....

Sounds vague.

you are right, i am playing a game... Don't you think if I had more info I would provide it?

Cerdan?

THATS IT! Thank you.

Beklage
10-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Here is a review of them,

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23655&highlight=cerdan

If anyone is interested in grabbing a box pm me I am talking to the guy about wholesale pricing. ;)

Brutus2600
10-26-2010, 01:02 PM

If anyone is interested in grabbing a box pm me I am talking to the guy about wholesale pricing. ;)

Lol, I bet this guy is thinking "what the hell with this flurry of activity?" because I talked to him on the phone today too, rofl.

Anyway, I have a box on the way to see if they're any good :r

Eleven
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM

PM sent.

CasaDooley
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM

PM sent.

14holestogie
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM

I'm game. PM sent.

Emjaysmash
10-26-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm not interested in a box, but if anyone has a 5ver for sale once they get a box, lemme know :tu

Beklage
10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm not interested in a box, but if anyone has a 5ver for sale once they get a box, lemme know :tu

Pm me, I am going to break up some boxes just for those who want 5er's or dont want a whole box.

Justin

Mr B
10-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Wow, that reminds me. I have one of these Cerdans sitting in the humi for about 2 years. I got it in a bomb from another stogie site, way back. I was kinda scared to have it after looking it up. I might have to break that baby out soon.

Brutus2600
10-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Wow. These arrived today and my first impression was these things are old, so this definitely isn't some gimick. I mean, the cello on the box was crusty, the nail holding the box lid was rusted, the box just felt like something that's 28 years old.

I opened up the box and these cigars smelled amazing. Just a little musty, but good, and all but one looked in perfect condition (the one had a cracked cap...I think it'll still even be smokeable once it's cut).

I couldn't wait for these to rest, I absolutely had to try one, so I lit it up. Great flavors, smooth, and it even had a little bit of a spicey kick (not something I would've expected from something so old).

Anyway, I'm only about a half an inch into it, I'll report in after I'm done and let you guys know what I think of the full thing. Pictures tomorrow and maybe a full on review as well.

Brutus2600
10-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Hrmm, after the first inch this thing reaaaally mellowed out to more of what I was expecting. Not a bad stick at all, in fact I really enjoyed it, however it just wasn't as flavorful as those first few puffs insinuated it was going to be.

However, I absolutely loved the smoke that was coming off the foot of the cigar...not sure why that was more pleasant than the smoke from the draw, but it was.

I'll smoke a couple more and write up a review about these sometime this weekend.

bscottskangum
10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
I just ordered a box of these, not expecting anything earth shattering. But who knows, I may like them, and if they have any redeeming quality they will be worth the price.

Eleven
11-08-2010, 05:47 PM
What is the deal with the GB on these? Haven't heard anything for a while.

quantim0
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Ordered my box yesterday and its on the way. It should be here tomorrow, it only has to go 3 hours north.

Mirrorlure7m
11-14-2010, 07:47 AM
I just ordered the buy 2 get one free deal . So I have 3 boxes coming.

14holestogie
11-14-2010, 08:02 AM
What is the deal with the GB on these? Haven't heard anything for a while.

:tpd: May have to pull the trigger on the buy 2 get one free if the GB is off. :confused:

Brutus2600
11-14-2010, 08:22 AM
If I remember correctly, the group buy price wasn't any cheaper than the buy 2 get one free deal so they didn't do it? I'm not sure if some people teamed up to buy multiple boxes to save, but I don't think there ever was an official group buy.

Emjaysmash
11-14-2010, 08:23 AM
:tpd: May have to pull the trigger on the buy 2 get one free if the GB is off. :confused:

I had PMed him as well, and no response. Might as well buy em online

Heck, if you don't like em, sell em here!

14holestogie
11-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I had PMed him as well, and no response. Might as well buy em online

Heck, if you don't like em, sell em here!

You're kinda pushy, you know. You're not doing anything to dispel the stereotype. ;):r

Emjaysmash
11-14-2010, 09:18 AM
You're kinda pushy, you know. You're not doing anything to dispel the stereotype. ;):r

And their cheap! My kinda cigar... :r

14holestogie
11-14-2010, 09:26 AM
And their cheap! My kinda cigar... :r

Order confirmed...you bastage. :=::=:

Emjaysmash
11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Order confirmed...you bastage. :=::=:

:banger:banger

joeobx
11-14-2010, 11:36 AM

Link?

14holestogie
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Cerdan?

Link?

That's the one I used.

Emjaysmash
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Link?

Crap. Tim beat me to it. :(

CoreyD
11-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Hmm for the price it'd be nice to have a box or 3 But i don't have the humi room or think I'd even like them but may do it just so someone has em. I'm trying not to have to many of 1 thing till I have sampled and picked a likeness.

joeobx
11-14-2010, 12:05 PM

Crap. Tim beat me to it. :(

Thanks, forgot.....search is my friend :D

s15driftking
11-14-2010, 12:22 PM
anyone wanna do a 2-fer deal split?

DBall
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I apparently missed out on these... the website no longer exists. If anybody would like to part with a box/some boxes, please let me know... I really wanted a few boxes of these (preferably 3... that buy 2 get one free deal would've been perfect).

I'm quite bummed I missed the boat...

Edit: I have an email into the company, so I'll report back with what they say.

T.G
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I apparently missed out on these... the website no longer exists. If anybody would like to part with a box/some boxes, please let me know... I really wanted a few boxes of these (preferably 3... that buy 2 get one free deal would've been perfect).

I'm quite bummed I missed the boat...

Edit: I have an email into the company, so I'll report back with what they say.

I have a few singles left, like three, maybe four. If you want them Dan, they're yours. Just PM me your address.

DBall
01-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I have a few singles left, like three, maybe four. If you want them Dan, they're yours. Just PM me your address.

Thanks, Adam...you rock! I'm actually looking for a couple full boxes (I will probably post something in the WTB forum once I hear back from this guy if they are sold out).

Brutus2600
01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Dan - If you hear back from the guy and they're sold out, shoot me a PM. Also, it sounds like you already have his email address, but if you need that, let me know. I might have his phone number somewhere too if I dig around my old phone...

01-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Dan, if you hear back and he DOES have some left, please PM me. I'm interested.

Katmancross
01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
There was a website a couple years back that offered one (and only one) cigar brand that were aged old stock for about 50.00 bucks a box.... the sticks were about 20 years old. they came in several sizes. Can anyone help me identify the brand/website. I'd like to try and purchase a box.

Are these the cigars you are looking for? Cerdan?
http://ebookcitypro.com/VINTAGECERDAN.COM/The-History-Of-The-Cigars.html

T.G
01-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Are these the cigars you are looking for? Cerdan?
http://ebookcitypro.com/VINTAGECERDAN.COM/The-History-Of-The-Cigars.html

Yes, those are the cigars that were being discussed, although it should be noted that the site you linked to is a web-archive site and not a currently operating website.

Katmancross
01-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Yes, those are the cigars that were being discussed, although it should be noted that the site you linked to is a web-archive site and not a currently operating website.

I couldn't remember the name so I just browsed until the old brain was confronted with the name.
I bought a box.
They are very, very, very, very, very mild. Aging turns them to dust. Kind of like a mummy movie.
It's a novelty.

T.G
01-09-2011, 11:42 AM
I couldn't remember the name so I just browsed until the old brain was confronted with the name.
I bought a box.
They are very, very, very, very, very mild. Aging turns them to dust. Kind of like a mummy movie.
It's a novelty.

They were mild cigars cigars to start with, aging just rounded them out some more. The following is from a discussion elsewhere with Jonathan Drew about these cigars:

I knew this day would come - the Cerdan Cigar. So here's the basic story, with a bunchnof missing parts and possible mistakes.

Seņor Cerdan is a European, I believe Spanish man who has been behind some brands including Griffin, but always related to the Davidoff factory in the DR. To the best of my memory, he sold Griffins to Davidoff, but continued with his own brand, mostly in Europe.

During the boom, the distributor for mr cerdan was two brothers, Jorge and ? And the cigars were absolutely wonderful. They were very similar to the Davidiff White Label, of course mild, but classy smokes. They were also priced in the Davidoff range. During the boom, when mild was "cool", these cigars were excellent. They would be very elegant smokes at this point.

If the cigars are the old ones, you are absolutely steeling them and should consider them as though they were Davidoffs. Nothing wrong with a box or two of ten year old Davidoff, back before the San Vincente craze.

Best,
JD

I agree with Jon and from the ones I smoked, I thought they were very Davidoff-ish (NC).

Katmancross
01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
They were mild cigars cigars to start with, aging just rounded them out some more. The following is from a discussion elsewhere with Jonathan Drew about these cigars:

I agree with Jon and from the ones I smoked, I thought they were very Davidoff-ish (NC).

Interesting.
I thought they were tasteless.
I knew mixing vodka, jagermeister, and anti freeze (with a twist) would eventually affect my taste buds.

T.G
01-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Interesting.
I thought they were tasteless.
I knew mixing vodka, jagermeister, and anti freeze (with a twist) would eventually affect my taste buds.

Considering their storage history and age, it's possible you received some duds.

To be honest, I didn't really go nuts for them myself and I eventually ended up sending most of them to Hugh for the troops.

Katmancross
01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Considering their storage history and age, it's possible you received some duds.

To be honest, I didn't really go nuts for them myself and I eventually ended up sending most of them to Hugh for the troops.

I gave most of mine away too. To guys who usually smoke Swishers.

Brutus2600
01-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I've had mixed results. Some were very VERY mild, to the point of being bored, but others were mild, but still flavorful. For the most part I've enjoyed these very much and am glad that I picked up a total of four boxes. I've given away most of a box already (more than I've smoked :r), and I'm sure I'll give away more before all is said and done, but I do enjoy these and are particularly excellent cigars for a morning smoke with my coffee. Honestly, if he still had his site up and the same price as he did when I bought them all, I'd probably pick up another three boxes.

mihaipocorschi
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
is anybody able to help me get a hold of the guy selling them? i want some boxes... they were made the same year i was born and i want to celebrate 30 years next year with them. please help out a BOTL with a hint.. or if anybody has some they want to sell at least.

Cheers

replicant_argent
11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
This thread is a year old, mihaipocorschi.
I think the well is dry.

Ismith75
11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.caminoviejo.com/category.aspx?ck=%2fcigars%2fcerdan-cigars%2f

longknocker
11-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Lol, I bet this guy is thinking "what the hell with this flurry of activity?" because I talked to him on the phone today too, rofl.

They're An OK, Mild Smoke, IMO. Not Bad For The Price.:tu

mihaipocorschi
11-04-2011, 04:06 AM
I know it's very old but still.. maybe somebody knows how to get a hold of that guy or maybe has some smokes they want to trade/sell/give out? ^^

mihaipocorschi
11-04-2011, 04:09 AM

Brutus2600, you have his phone number? I looked at caminoviejotabaco and if all else fails ill buy from them but it's twice the price. I was looking to get at lease two boxes :(

pnoon
11-04-2011, 07:20 AM
I know it's very old but still.. maybe somebody knows how to get a hold of that guy or maybe has some smokes they want to trade/sell/give out? ^^
Welcome to Cigar Asylum.

You should consider posting an introduction in our New Inmates forum. Tell us a bit about yourself like where you are from and your interests and experience with cigars. Also, you should read our rules to get an idea of what is and isn't permitted.

Access to the WTS/WTB forums are granted to members only after spending some time here. For the time being, you are not permitted to engage in buying or selling in the public forums.
Asking for a handout is not a good thing either.

mihaipocorschi
11-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up :( i just wanted some of those cigars. ill post an introduction on the right forum

audio1der
11-04-2011, 12:05 PM
From the review referenced on pg.1, those don't LOOK as if they're 26 years old, but sound like a decent deal for a mild smoke.

replicant_argent
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome to Cigar Asylum.

You should consider posting an introduction in our New Inmates forum. Tell us a bit about yourself like where you are from and your interests and experience with cigars. Also, you should read our rules to get an idea of what is and isn't permitted.

Access to the WTS/WTB forums are granted to members only after spending some time here. For the time being, you are not permitted to engage in buying or selling in the public forums.
Asking for a handout is not a good thing either.

Wow, it's like I just heard some kind of weird echo in my head.

Brutus2600
11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Brutus2600, you have his phone number? I looked at caminoviejotabaco and if all else fails ill buy from them but it's twice the price. I was looking to get at lease two boxes :(

Sorry brother, I didn't get to save his number and his number is long gone from my phone :(