PDA

View Full Version : Los Blancos Cigars Sumatra Robusto Review

mariogolbee
10-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I was recently chosen to review a few cigars for Los Blancos. This is the first of these reviews. Thank you to Los Blancos Cigars for the samples and to SterlingCigarMan for hooking this up.

Wrapper: Indosnesian Sumatra
Filler: Nicaraguan and Honduran
Mild to Medium bodied

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv143/mariogolbee/DSCI0515.jpg

Tasting Notes...

Appearance:
Toothy, oily wrapper with many thin veins. No soft spots, solid construction, nice double cap.

Prelight:
Just wood and clean tobacco on the cold draw.

Burn:
Pretty clean but not sharp. No issues.

1st third:
Starts off sour. Not bitter, but sour. After ¼” wood starts coming through with the bitterness leaving. A pleasant cross between cedar and oak. A hint of sweetness. Slight resistance in draw but not too tight. I’m getting plenty of smoke.

2nd Third:
Mellowed out more. Cool, sweet, mildly earthy smoke with a touch of leather.

Final Third:
Mellowed out further. Mild, sweet tobacco with an ever so slight spice and twang. I like how this is ending. It is a great morning smoke! It is now leaving a cool feeling in my mouth from the nicotine build up. Very pleasant.
Left a hint of tobacco taste in my mouth for the majority of the stick. Not enough to make me spit though.

I put this to rest after 70 minutes of smoking time with an inch to go. I would have been happy to nub this cigar but it ran over the 60 minute mark I was expecting and I had to be on my way. I consider this to be an excellent morning smoke.

I don't know how I would "rate" this cigar. I would definitely smoke one again though. Depending on price point a box would also be of consideration.

Skywalker
10-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the review, Bro!!!

I enjoy these! The price isn't bad on these!:tu

shilala
10-26-2010, 11:27 AM
I've liked all the Los Blancos stuff I tried so far. It's diffferent. If you've not tried them, give them a shot.
While nothing grabbed me to the point where Los Blancos ended up in my rotation, there's gonna be a lot of brothers who really enjoy their distinct profile.
Mac, their maduro ain't bad, either. :D

Pat1075
10-26-2010, 04:58 PM
While I appreciated that they drew well and that they were made well I tried all of their line when we carried it. I also tried their value based primos line. My verdict. Primos good. Los blancos needed some work to put it nicely.