PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Cigars

Confederado
10-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Being a Civil War buff, these sticks (http://www.cvtobacco.com/press/shop/CIGARS/battleground/south_battleground.html piqued my curiosity. Is anybody familiar with them? They're out of my price range at the present time, but if I could I'd hate to spend that kind of money for crap. -(P

BTcigars
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
First time I have heard about these. Contact the place and see if you can buy some singles.

Gargoyle
10-18-2010, 09:01 PM
I had a couple and they OK... but it was a couple of years ago and I don't remember the specifics. It was an intersting theme with the civial war generals and I wanted to like them, but there was something missing.

SvilleKid
10-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I got a few of them 3-4 years ago (maybe longer?) in a bomb. Wasn't impressed. For some reason, I want to say they were marketed thru Thompson Cigars in the past. That is just a memory, and like all my memories, it's subject to a high degree of uncertainty!!

hscmit
10-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I got a few of them 3-4 years ago (maybe longer?) in a bomb. Wasn't impressed. For some reason, I want to say they were marketed thru Thompson Cigars in the past. That is just a memory, and like all my memories, it's subject to a high degree of uncertainty!!

If they were it's a good reason to beware

the MacDonald
10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I live close to the shop. The first ones they put out were sort of blah, but some of the pricier ($6-8) ones are solid smokes. I left a couple in the humi for a couple of years and they smoked great. The Old Powder Kegs are the way to go IMHO.

Powers
10-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Interesting find, those look really cool.

I'd love to just have the box alone of Lee, Jackson or Forrest :tu

68TriShield
10-25-2010, 03:13 PM
My local shop has a line of house cigars named after Civil War battles and Frederick MD which of course was a hotbed of war activities.
Antietam(Battle of Antietam)
Fredericktown
Monocacy(Battle of the Monocacy)
It's been too long since I've had one to suggest for you.I can check on prices if you'd like,IIRC they are pretty reasonable.
Here's a link if you want to look.
Click on Castro Brothers Cigars and you'll see them.
They look to be 5 to 6 dollar range for singles.
http://www.davidus.com/

Mr.Erskine
10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
There's a B&M in Gettysburg that stocks them. I've never tried them, but I know he has them