PDA

View Full Version : Great Weekend

GrumpyOleTroll
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Ok.....now that i am divorced I am spending more time with my sisters and their families since my previous wife and they did not get along (my sisters love my GF right now). Wednesday was my nephews b-day and since my son is about the same age I wanted to go to his party..problem is I work Sundays and I really don't have a replacement to work for me unless its an emergency..so..the GF decides that we are gonna go to their house (2.5 hrs away) Friday after she gets off work and we will spend all day with them on Sat.

So I get the van ready...fuel treatment, tires checked water checked and realize the serpentine belt is bad...so off to get a belt and power steering fluid..$40 later its all ready. we head out friday and when we stop 45 mins away from my sisters house for dinner the van wont start...so we get it jumped and realize the amp meter on the dash isnt showing a charge...great a bad batt or alternator..its almost 9 pm when we coast our way in.

I am pissed becasue of the van, so my brother in law cracks a cold beer and says "I got duct tape and bailing wire, its not a problem!" and after 6 beers on my behalf and who knows how many jack and coke hes had we start in on the van...found the water pump is bad..2:30 in the morn we decide we are hungry and fire up the grill..so..pork chops, cold beer, Padillia Miami Salamone and a UC Diesel we are enjoying the mid 50's weather and bed comes about 3:30-4:00 and kids wake up at 8 am..FUN FUN!!

I picked up a re-manufactured water pump in BFE for my OLD ASS van for $14..WOO HOO..and 15 mins later we had it back on the road!! Had some of the best ribs from a lil trailer on the side of the road and enjoyed a couple LFD Chisels the rest of the day.

I don't remember when I have had so much fun in such a short time or under such depressing situations....

Watched my BiL try to smoke the wrong end of the cigar, watch my sis try to smoke her 1st cigar and laughed my ass off like I hadn't in a long time!

Between friday and today....11 hrs of sleep and 5 hrs on the road and 8 hrs at work and 2 different breakdowns I had to repair (blazer burnt up the starter before we left).

I am draggin ass but its been great!!

Hope everyone who could have a great weekend did!!

The Troll

ChicagoWhiteSox
10-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Glad you could have a great weekend:tu

Chingas
10-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Troll. Always happy to hear a Brother has a great time! Even under the circumstances, sounds like s blast!

jledou
10-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Shawn,

Good there hear things are going well for you!

The weekend here was nice and relaxing.

Take it easy,

J

Eleven
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't remember when I have had so much fun in such a short time or under such depressing situations....

Absolutely why life is worth living. Glad it all worked out!

CigarNut
10-18-2010, 08:12 AM
It's amazing how events that start out bad can into such great experiences!

massphatness
10-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Hey Shawn - good to hear from you!

Conch Republican
10-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Shawn! Great to read you again here! Sorry about the rough patch lately...PM me your address I have something for you

Gophernut
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM
I always like to think it's not what you're doing, it's who you're doing it with!

Chingas
10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Shawn! Great to read you again here! Sorry about the rough patch lately...PM me your address I have something for you

Oh Boy! That dosn't sound good!:banger:banger

GrumpyOleTroll
10-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey Shawn - good to hear from you!

Hey Ya Vin!!!

Shawn! Great to read you again here! Sorry about the rough patch lately...PM me your address I have something for youYeah in a min..but you will have to hurry I will be moving again within the next 2-3 weeks..:fu

Oh Boy! That dosn't sound good!:banger:banger Naw Mark is a teddy bear..been there done that..:noon

The Troll

kelmac07
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
:wo :wo