PDA

View Full Version : Tatuaje Black

MiamiE
10-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Yesterday I picked up a box of Tat blacks at a Pete Johnson event. Really only wanted the black labels because they are damn tasty. Are these only given away when you purchase a box at an event? I want more. Also the shop I was at had the Face dress box and would not sell it. They had one Face in a 10-12 cigar Tatuaje sampler pack they were trying to sell for $120. BS if you ask me but I figured this would start to happen. If anyone knows where I can find more of those three cigar sampler packs please let me know!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/MiamiE/ad1f51c0.jpg

McSmokey
10-17-2010, 07:14 AM
So far as I have found the 3 pack is an event box purchase freebie only

Brooks W
10-17-2010, 08:32 AM
So far as I have found the 3 pack is an event box purchase freebie only

That is correct...the only way to get the new Black Label 3 pack (which contains the new CG with the cut foot, the new Robusto with the cut foot and the Petite Robusto) is to buy a box at a Tatuaje event Pete is at, or to have one handed to sent to you by Pete himself...

BTW, while the sizes of the Black label Robusto and Corona Gorda are the same as were released in the past (the CG was released in the jar, and the Robusto was always a Event give away vitola only), the OR of those two vitolas had a wrapped foot, so Pete cut the feet on the new release, so people would be able to distinguish them...

Here is a better photo...From left to Right: Robusto, Petite Robusto and Corona Gorda:

http://www.brookswhittington.net/cigars/BuysBuys_%20(2%20of%206).jpg

Hope that helps!

~brooks

MiamiE
10-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I want more of them 3 packs!

Patrick B
10-17-2010, 08:57 AM
I got one recently myself. I will be buying more boxes from Pete events to score more in the future. The real black blend (tubo blend is slightly different) is by far my favorite cigar.

Brooks W
10-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I got one recently myself. I will be buying more boxes from Pete events to score more in the future. The real black blend (tubo blend is slightly different) is by far my favorite cigar.

The tubo blend is VERY different, at least in tasting...they taste almost nothing like the CG or the Robusto, IMHO...

Go for the smaller Vitolas in the Black label blend...the smaller, the better :)

~brooks

MiamiE
10-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Which tubo do you all find to be the best? I thought the black tubos were considered best so I chose them.

EricF
10-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey was it the same dude there that wouldn't sell the dress box that we were talking about?

MiamiE
10-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Some big fat dude that works there wouldn't sell me the damn box. Then there was the jersey shore owner as well, but he wasn't that bad. I just hate when people talk to you like you have no idea about anything.

EricF
10-17-2010, 10:17 AM
The fat dude is the one i was talking about. His mom owns the store!

Brooks W
10-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Which tubo do you all find to be the best? I thought the black tubos were considered best so I chose them.

Out of the Tat Tubos (Red Label and Black Label), I like the Red the best...

Honestly, taken on it's own, the Black Label Tubo is not a bad cigar by any means...I just does not come close to standing up against the OR CG or Robusto...

I have smoked every Tat Black Label vitola there is (in production), and it seems to me that the Blend that is used in the Blacks is MUCH better suited for smaller RGs...

Hope that helps!

~brooks

Patrick B
10-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Preach it, brother Brooks! You are SPOT ON in this thread. :)

boonedoggle
10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
I was perplexed when I asked the worker at a local BM if they were going to get any Tatuaje in in the near future. He gave me a deer in the head lights look. He responded with a "probably not" like I didn't know what I was talking about. I think he though I was talking about Tatiana cigars. bleh

sikk50
10-17-2010, 12:03 PM
The tubo blend is VERY different, at least in tasting...they taste almost nothing like the CG or the Robusto, IMHO...

Go for the smaller Vitolas in the Black label blend...the smaller, the better :)

~brooks

That makes me feel so much better! I've only ever gotten my hands on the tubos and smoke one that I decided tasted like cat piss. I was confused as to why people like them so much! Buuut makes sense now, and for the record I've heard the tubos have rested well but every time I look at them in my humi I think of my neighbors cat :pu

Louistogies
10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Sweet. More three packs!

Patrick B
10-17-2010, 07:42 PM
hi Louis! :) :)

Patrick B
10-19-2010, 03:32 AM
Sad news, fellas. I bought a black 2005 Explorer last night, and knowing I was probably leaving the dealership with it I broke open my new 3 pack and took the robusto with me to celebrate the new ride. I lit it up before I even pulled out of the lot expecting to taste the best blended cigar ever, in my opinion. It was unfortunately very much like the black tubo. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not original Tat black CG or Robusto good. God I hope this changes when they sit a little longer.

Brooks W
10-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Sad news, fellas. I bought a black 2005 Explorer last night, and knowing I was probably leaving the dealership with it I broke open my new 3 pack and took the robusto with me to celebrate the new ride. I lit it up before I even pulled out of the lot expecting to taste the best blended cigar ever, in my opinion. It was unfortunately very much like the black tubo. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not original Tat black CG or Robusto good. God I hope this changes when they sit a little longer.

I'm sorry to hear that...

Did you smoke the Robusto out of the Three pack, or the PR?

~brooks

MiamiE
10-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Very sorry because every Tat black I've had has been stellar. Now I don't think they're worth the $20 a stick most people want.

Louistogies
10-19-2010, 11:04 AM
hi Louis! :) :)

Hi Patrick.

waffle
10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear that...

Did you smoke the Robusto out of the Three pack, or the PR?

~brooks

I believe he got it out of the Three pack, he got it from the buying a box with the hammer and the patch...

AlohaStyle
10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
First off I am pretty sure all the Tat Black blends are the same. Obviously there are minor differences because of the size of the vitola, but they are all based on the same blend.

Second... this thread goes to show tastes are so subjective which is a good thing :) I didn't think the Black Tubo was all that good when they were originally released, but smoking a couple lately I have been very pleased. My cigars are from the first release last year so they have some rest time which is needed I think, but mine are smoking great right now and I'm glad I didn't sell them off!

Brooks W
10-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I believe he got it out of the Three pack, he got it from the buying a box with the hammer and the patch...

Sorry, what I meant was to ask him if he smoked the Robusto or the Petite Robusto out of the 3 pack (which includes both, along with a new CG)...

~brooks

alwayslit
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
I want a Tat black lancero:dr:dr

wayner123
10-19-2010, 01:19 PM
I want a Tat black lancero:dr:dr

IMO, the El Truinfador tastes exactly like what a Tat Black Lancero would taste like.

Patrick B
10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Yesterday I smoked the robusto out of the new 3 pack with the 3 different sizes. I heard from the man himself that the black tubo blend was slightly different than the previous 2 blends. I'm not sure if it's the age of the cigars accounting for the differences, but yesterday's tasted way more like the tubo than it did the CG or the robusto with the shaggy foot. Not nearly as much spice and richness as the older two blacks. I had an OG black robusto about a month ago and it was far superior to the tubo blend and the new robusto I smoked yesterday.

Brooks W
10-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Has anyone actually smoked the PR from the new Three pack? I have to photograph mine first, but am hoping someone has some thoughts on it...

~brooks

MiamiE
10-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I haven't even opened my 3 pack yet.

pinotguy
10-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Where does the Black Label Toro that was part of the first CRA Sampler fit in? Is this another variation on OR Black Label or just a unique size?

It'd be nice to see the Black Label expanded and offered on a more regular basis.

Beklage
10-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I wish we had events and good stores around here.....Bah I need to move.

Brooks W
10-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Where does the Black Label Toro that was part of the first CRA Sampler fit in? Is this another variation on OR Black Label or just a unique size?

Same blend (ish), different vitola.

It'd be nice to see the Black Label expanded and offered on a more regular basis.

Well, there was already a CG (Jar) and Tubo release...

~brooks

MiamiE
10-22-2010, 10:49 AM
The black tubos need some time but the black CG is a nice cigar right now!

MiamiE
10-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Has anyone actually smoked the PR from the new Three pack? I have to photograph mine first, but am hoping someone has some thoughts on it...

~brooks

It's great! Smoked it this afternoon. Very typical of the other black labels!