PDA

View Full Version : What's In Your Humidor - Jeff Borysiewicz of Corona Cigar Co & CRA

OHRD
10-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Each Thursday, we’ll be asking those closest to the industry what they keep in their humidor and what their smoking habits are…

Today we are joined by Jeff Borysiewicz, owner and founder of Corona Cigar Company. Jeff is also Vice President and co founder of Cigar Rights of America and is an IPCPR board member – he is very connected to the industry! You can visit Jeff online or follow him on Twitter. Jeff has some great exclusive cigars at Corona, especially a couple of CAO’s from the Escaparate series. Thanks for joining us Jeff!

What’s in your humidor?
I like mild to medium bodied cigars, so you won’t see many of the high profile full bodied cigars. Boris 11, Diamond Crown, Maximus, Padron Anniversary 1964, Cielo, pre-embargo Cuban cigars, CAO Escaparate Costa Rica & Ecuador, Corona Gold Series, Corona Nicaraguan 10th Anniversary, and tons of sample blends. I occasionally smoke infused cigars like Acid Beach, Java and Ambrosia. I also keep boxes of special cigars at home (so my guys can’t sell them when I’m not looking), like ones that were gifts from cigar makers or made just for a special event like a wedding, birthday or festival.

What kind of humidor (and size) do you use for your personal storage?
I have a bunch of humidors between my office, home & car. At home I have a large stand-up display type of humidor from Davidoff, a few large special edition humidors and a couple of those indestructible plastic travel humidors from Xikar. At work, I have a few shelves in one of our storage humidors for my cigars.

How many cigars are in your humidor right now?
Not sure, maybe a few thousand sticks or so.

Are you currently testing any new blends for your company? Any details?
Yes – working on a few new lines called Van 22 & Apollo. Van 22 is a nice Dominican made Cameroon wrapped cigar that Avo Uvezian is helping me blend, and Apollo is a Honduran cigar that is going to be made by George Rico.

How many cigars do you smoke in a typical day, when your not blend testing?
Two or three.

What are some of your all time favorite cigars?
Boris 11 Maduro, CAO Escaparate Maduro, Diamond Crown Maximus, Padron Anniversary 1964, and pre-embargo Montecristo cigars

gijoey959
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Awesome read as always :tu

dwoodward
10-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for this matthew!