PDA

View Full Version : Getting old S*cks!

neoflex
10-12-2010, 08:14 AM
So last night I decided I was going to go sit outside with a smoke and knew I wanted to grab a Nosotros that was gifted to me by Ranger_B. I knew these were in my one 300 count humi so off I went to retrieve it. So I am rifling through the humi and can't find it. WTF!? So I proceed to empty all the contents of the box to no avail. Hmmmm, that's odd! So I proceed to unload the contents of another 300 ct. to no avail. Now I am really thinking WTF, where is this stick as I knew it should have been in the last box. So I proceed to unload another desktop to no avail. At this point I am past wanting to smoke it and am determined in just finding it as I pretty much know where every stick is although when you look at my stash it looks disorganized. Still no luck. So I proceed to unload the small little cabinet I have and still no luck. I know it can't be in the other cabinet but I am 0 for 4 at this point and it's the only storage unit I have left that has not been searched. So I proceeded to tear that one apart with no luck. Now I am pissed and just can't understand how it disappeared. So I head back and unload the original box which I know it should have been in and still couldn't find the damn thing. So now I am annoyed that I can't find this thing and already invested an hour and 15 minutes to the search. So now I am thinking where the hell could this stick be? Than it finally comes to me. I smoked it over two months ago when we went on our cruise. So not only did I not have time left to go out to smoke as it was almost 11:30 at this point but I felt like a complete moron for looking for a non-existant smoke.

Blueface
10-12-2010, 08:15 AM
So last night I decided I was going to go sit outside with a smoke and knew I wanted to grab a Nosotros that was gifted to me by Ranger_B. I knew these were in my one 300 count humi so off I went to retrieve it. So I am rifling through the humi and can't find it. WTF!? So I proceed to empty all the contents of the box to no avail. Hmmmm, that's odd! So I proceed to unload the contents of another 300 ct. to no avail. Now I am really thinking WTF, where is this stick as I knew it should have been in the last box. So I proceed to unload another desktop to no avail. At this point I am past wanting to smoke it and am determined in just finding it as I pretty much know where every stick is although when you look at my stash it looks disorganized. Still no luck. So I proceed to unload the small little cabinet I have and still no luck. I know it can;t be in the other cabinet but I am ) for 3 at this point and it's the only storage unit I have left that has not been searched. So I proceeded to tear that one apart with no luck. Now I am pissed and just can't understand how it disappeared. So I head back and unload the original box which I know it should have been in and still couldn't find the damn thing. So now I am annoyed that I can't find this thing and already invested an hour and 15 minutes to the search. So now I am thinking where the hell could this stick be? Than it finally comes to me. I smoked it over two months ago when we went on our cruise. So not only did I not have time left to go out to smoke as it was almost 11:30 at this point but I felt like a complete moron for looking for a non-existant smoke.

Are you pissing in your pants yet?
If not, just wait.

alwayslit
10-12-2010, 08:16 AM
been there done that....LOL.

Dave128
10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
:r

Skywalker
10-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Great story, Gramps!!!:D

BC-Axeman
10-12-2010, 08:23 AM
+1
Somewhere out in my yard is an unlit cigar that I sat down in a safe place while I went and did something. By the time I remembered it it was a few days later. Years have gone by and I still haven't found it.

Gophernut
10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
I can't tell you how many time I have to retrace my steps to help remind myself of why I went into the other room. It stinks, but it beats the alternative.

sikk50
10-12-2010, 08:35 AM
You don't have to be old for that, same thing happened to me looking for a La Triviata once not long ago :tu

elderboy02
10-12-2010, 08:38 AM
:r That is funny.

VTDragon
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Ya, been there. Don't let it worry you, just grab a different smoke.

OHRD
10-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Awesome! Makes me feel SO much better about my searching...definitely been there!

10-12-2010, 09:16 AM
At least you didn't forget what you were looking for after an hour. :r

longknocker
10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I Hate To Tell You, John, But It Gets Worse!:r:D:tu

hscmit
10-12-2010, 09:26 AM
well now you'll have a better idea of where everything else is

OLS
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Yep, that's why they say when life gives you lemons, throw them at kids on their bicycles.
YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN!

CigarNut
10-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Last night I grabbed a stick (Boli 2009 LE) out of my humi and set it on top and proceeded to put everything back in place.

An hour later I was at the Shilo (cigar bar) and was looking for the stick in my cigar caddy and realized I left it on top of the humi...

This morning as I was reading your post I realized that it is still on top of the humi because I forgot about it last night...

BC-Axeman
10-12-2010, 10:20 AM
:lr

SNKBYT
10-12-2010, 10:44 AM
:sh as some of the others stated, been there done that......but now I have the meds from the VA, which make remembering chit even more fun:confused:

G G
10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Are you pissing in your pants yet?
If not, just wait.
I'm not, but it can't be too far away as I am now at the ripe old age of 45.:r

SNKBYT
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm not, but it can't be too far away as I am now at the ripe old age of 45.:r

got ya beat by a few Greg

maninblack
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
This thread really made my day. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Bill86
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Same thing happened to me yesterday I had a Montecristo I swore I didn't smoke but I cannot find it....my guess is...I must've smoked it at some point and just forgot about it. I still don't remember smoking it. Oh well, and I'm only 24.....luckily most of the time alcohol is involved.

CasaDooley
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM

An hours not bad! It's when you go from 1 room to the next to grab a cigar you've been thinking about, only to open the cab door and say to yourself "What the hell was I looking for?":r

SNKBYT
10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
An hours not bad! It's when you go from 1 room to the next to grab a cigar you've been thinking about, only to open the cab door and say to yourself "What the hell was I looking for?":r

would that fall into the same category as getting off the couch to get something from the frig and before you get 10 feet from the couch you already forgot why you got up and go sit down

klipsch
10-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Dude...I'm getting ready to schedule my 2nd hip replacement

Ashcan Bill
10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
would that fall into the same category as getting off the couch to get something from the frig and before you get 10 feet from the couch you already forgot why you got up and go sit down

Oh, you've met my wife! :r :r :r :r :r

CasaDooley
10-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Why yes, yes it...what the hell did I want to say?:r

kelmac07
10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
:r :r :r :r