PDA

View Full Version : Strangest place you lost/found your nice cutter/lighter

forgop
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM
I moved in May and with the move, my Palio cutter disappeared on me. Couldn't find it anywhere in any of the possible places I would have put it, or so I thought.

Today, while blowing all of the grass off of my zero turn mower deck, I found it in the same condition as it would have found its way there. How it got there....

:sh:sh:sh

Skywalker
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Do you drink... a lot???:al

DaBear
10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I found like three cutters during a 2 week period at the golf course I worked at this summer, and not bad cutters either, some pretty nice ones.

forgop
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Do you drink... a lot???:al

No, had nothing to do with alcohol because I don't know that I ever ingested more than 3 beers in a 2 hour window at any point this summer.

JackSchwartz
10-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I had lost a Colibri Firebird right about the time the snow came last year. Early that next spring I went out on the back deck to smoke a cigar. I only had matches on me and the wind was blowing pretty good. I went through half a pack of matches and still couldn't get the cigar lit. I was just about to walk back inside when I noticed something silver under a bit of snow on the deck. It was my Colibri Firebird. I'm thinking to myself, "there is no way this thing is going to work." After months buried in the snow the thing fired up on the very first try.

By the way, I just lost the damn lighter yet again.

neoflex
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Classic!

dwoodward
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM

Don't lose hope, next year it will make a triumphant return.

kelmac07
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't lose hope, next year it will make a triumphant return.

:r :r :r

sikk50
10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I had lost a Colibri Firebird right about the time the snow came last year. Early that next spring I went out on the back deck to smoke a cigar. I only had matches on me and the wind was blowing pretty good. I went through half a pack of matches and still couldn't get the cigar lit. I was just about to walk back inside when I noticed something silver under a bit of snow on the deck. It was my Colibri Firebird. I'm thinking to myself, "there is no way this thing is going to work." After months buried in the snow the thing fired up on the very first try.

What I found most suprising is you have a Colibri that actually lights!!! :noon

When I was leaving to go back to school after one of my breaks I couldn't find my lighter. I was extremely bummed since it was a gift from NorcalMark. My mom called me a few weeks later said their dog was trying to get something under the couch and when she got down to see what it was it was my lighter. Dog saved the day!

Bill86
10-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I've never lost my lighters or cutters I'm quite particular about carrying for them. My car keys still haven't turned up.

JackSchwartz
10-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, but this is a Colibri we're talking about. I mean, how many time can this thing go through hell and back and still work?

On another lighter note; I had this Zippo lighter that I somehow managed to keep around for almost ten years. I must have lost and found this thing a hundred times. So one day we were really busy in the shop. I had just used the lighter and set it on the counter. While I'm talking to a customer we had a homeless guy come in. I never really run anyone like that out of the store, so I basically go over and ask him if there is anything I can help him with. The guy just wanted a pack of matches so I went over and grabbed some and handed them to him. After finishing up with the customer I noticed my lighter wasn't on the counter anymore. I'm not absolutely certain who took my lighter, but I've defenitely been keeping my eyes peeled for that homeless guy to come in again :(

JackSchwartz
10-08-2010, 12:59 PM
What I found most suprising is you have a Colibri that actually lights!!! :noon

When I was leaving to go back to school after one of my breaks I couldn't find my lighter. I was extremely bummed since it was a gift from NorcalMark. My mom called me a few weeks later said their dog was trying to get something under the couch and when she got down to see what it was it was my lighter. Dog saved the day!

You know what, I totally remember that later, on the day I found the lighter, I was thinking, "I do not remember anything about that cigar I smoked earlier (I think it was something new that I was sampling)." I must have been in shock over the fact a Colibri lighter not only worked after sitting in a snow bank the whole winter, but it lit on the very first try.

That's an awesome story about the dog finding the ligter! I have two basset hounds that love to bring in my old cigar butts. One morning I woke up and went downstairs to find another butt sitting in the living room. Still sleepy, I bend down to grab the cigar and toss it in the trash. Lucky enough I realized it was a dead mouse just before I grabbed the thing. :pu

ucla695
10-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I've found my Blazer in the washing machine when moving the clothes to the dryer. I found my cutter on the Christmas tree one year (my wife was proud she hid it in plain sight). :)

warren G.
10-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I just lost my xikar cutter again =((

CRIMPS
10-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Thinking to myself that I haven't really lost my lighter/cutter... I feel like you have pulled some devious trick and jinxed me.

maninblack
10-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I've lost numerous lighters/cutters but I keep several backups in stock. That way I'm not so heartbroke when I lose one.

neoflex
10-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I misplace both often but usually find them all of which are never really odd places. My wife does give me crap when she finds my lighters in the dryer. My response is usually "Well you should have checked my pockets first." That's usually when the argument starts.:D:r

forgop
10-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I misplace both often but usually find them all of which are never really odd places. My wife does give me crap when she finds my lighters in the dryer. My response is usually "Well you should have checked my pockets first." That's usually when the argument starts.:D:r

When she starts arguing, just look at that as your sign to go buy another box of cigars.

dwoodward
10-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Strangest place you lost/found your nice cutter/lighter

I have neither... So I have yet to lose said items. ;s

pektel
10-08-2010, 03:24 PM
:tpd:

Lumpold
10-08-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't know about weird strange, but I always find it odd when I lose my lighter or cutter in my trouser pockets. I know it's there, and it sure as hell is, but only when a pretty lady checks for me :D

Matt-N-Ga
10-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I lost one of my Xikars a while back. Looked all over the place for it. My daughter saw me using a punch on a stick and she asked "why are you using that, you never use that, you use that clippy thingy" (she's 7 by the way). When I explained that I had lost it and hadn't bought a new one, she grabbed my hand, took me upstairs, opened her jewelry box and handed me my Xikar. she said "it's pretty daddy, I didn't want it to get dirty"

LOL, I just had to laugh.

gijoey959
10-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Lol, I only have the lighter and cutter I got off Brutus2600, but that lighter is a tank! I smoke on my balcony, and one day I reach into my pocket to grab it, and came back empty handed, well needless to say, I ruined a perfectly good tatuaje with the B&M's matches they give you, so I started my search, high and low. One day, I was mowing the lawn after a storm, and I felt the mower go over something. My little no brand jet lighter had been rained on, blown off the balcony, dried out in the sun, and got mowed, and its only scuffed. Sometimes, the best things are the cheap ones :tu

Los Nietos Cigar
10-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Lol . Now that is funny !

forgop
10-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I lost one of my Xikars a while back. Looked all over the place for it. My daughter saw me using a punch on a stick and she asked "why are you using that, you never use that, you use that clippy thingy" (she's 7 by the way). When I explained that I had lost it and hadn't bought a new one, she grabbed my hand, took me upstairs, opened her jewelry box and handed me my Xikar. she said "it's pretty daddy, I didn't want it to get dirty"

Not a lost episode, but along the same line...

My 3 year old son with autism has seen me in my cabinet humidor from time to time. My wife texted me last week because my son grabbed a Party Lusi out of the drawer and took it to my wife, saying "thank you mommy". My wife wasn't very amused. :D

Nefari0us
10-09-2010, 10:25 AM
I found a cheapie plastic cutter in the toilet water tank... I have no idea how it got there and it was completely rusted

Ranger_B
10-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Found one of my palios in the freezer the other day. I have a bad history of loosing things in the freezer come to think of it.

gijoey959
10-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Haha, I had a friend who found his moped keys in an empty mayo jar in the fridge speaking of finding stuff in the fridge, haha, I've never found stuff in there though

Bill86
10-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Some of these stories sound like drinking was definitely involved. In fact most of them.

warren G.
10-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Sorry for the bump. I lost my Xikar Titanium cutter about 5 weeks ago. Today I was looking for my wallet and keys. I find it under an old sofa I have in my garage.

Bill86
10-31-2010, 10:53 PM

I have a great feeling this kid is going places....smart kid man!

Bubba - NJ
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
I lost a Davidoff Zino cutter and a lighter my Father In-Law gave me . I have a suspicion they're in my recliner trapped somehow . When I get rid of it in a couple years I'm going to shred it to pieces to see if they are in it . I've lost my cel phone in it a few times but the phone is too big to fit all the way through the crevice . I had the cutter all of 2 days after getting a sweet deal on Ebay for it . I've even flipped it over looking for it to fall out and usually some change falls out . :su

Hippi3Slay3r
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Found one of my palios in the freezer the other day. I have a bad history of loosing things in the freezer come to think of it.

My palio went MiA for a few weeks and was found in the fridge on top of a jar of pickles! :al :al :al

whodeeni
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm missing a Prometheus Y Cutter & my Xikar Havana Series Lighter!:confused:

Smokin Gator
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I am missing one of my Xikars and I am ticked!!! I have no idea where I will find it. I thought it was in my shirt pocket.

Ranger_B
11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I am missing one of my Xikars and I am ticked!!! I have no idea where I will find it. I thought it was in my shirt pocket.
Check the fridge man. :D

forgop
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Check the fridge man. :D

That mower deck would be a place I'd check as well. :r

SouthernSmoke
11-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I've decided to think of it more as a game of hide and seek. I always seem to find it when I give up. Most recently I found it IN a sock. Sock's clean. No idea why it was in there though

nick2021
11-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Right before I deployed, lost my Xikar cutter and wife found it on a habitat base of a taxidermy mount I have in my gameroom...not sure how it got there lol

Patrick B
11-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Lost a few good things while drinking up a storm. Lost a fricking Lotus Table lighter (how big are those things!?) during a bachelor party weekend in Nashville. Lost a nice Xikar cutter after a particularly fun Friday night about a month later. No more taking good stuff out as drinking partners. :)

Stinky
11-03-2010, 12:22 AM
It's rare that I loose a lighter or cutter. While at the IPCPR in August, a bunch of us ended up at a cigar bar (Don Leoncios on Canal Street). I was sitting across from a California Cigar Rep named Andy. When I got back to the room I realized my lighter was not in my pocket. FWIW: I don't buy expensive lighters (that's just not my style). Fortunately he gave me his card. The next day I called him and described the (Cigar Savor brand) torch lighter. He had it! He told me I had left it on the table. We hooked up the next day before the show closed. Nice. :noon

justonemorestick
11-03-2010, 03:45 AM
My wife has washed my Zippo for me already.

cigarmonkel
11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I still have yet to find my palio and xikar :mad:

RevSmoke
11-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Had a Zino cutter for about 15 years. Since I don't smoke a cigar every day, it wasn't a big deal, for I didn't notice it. I also have a punch, so the next time I had a cigar, it was one I wanted to punch, so still didn't notice it.

When I realized it was gone, it was like 2 weeks later. I couldn't even remember where I had used it last.

So, I bought a Xikar Xi-2 in burgundy.

Went fishing one day, and there, in one of my tackle boxes was my Zino.