PDA

View Full Version : I won a tatoo!?!

McSmokey
10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
OK background: I have had this idea brewing for awhile of getting a tattoo of a cigar, double banded with the second band having my sons initials and birthday on it.

Unbeknownst to me my wife enters me into a contest where the most creative tattoo idea gets it done for free. Well apparently somebody thought it was pretty darn cool cause I won.

My question is what marca and vitola should I use.

pektel
10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Opus X would look sweet. That's probably my favorite cigar band.

JDTexan
10-07-2010, 10:04 AM
What is your favorite marca?

68TriShield
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
What is your favorite marca?

That is the question!
And where is this (ahem) cigar going? :D

hscmit
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Sweet I agree with the opus x, but maybe something that you love/ is special to you,

let us see it when it's done

McSmokey
10-07-2010, 10:15 AM
That is the question!

My favorite NC is Opus X (Ironically the celebration smokes that night were the Lost City)

My facorite CC is Cohiba.

Tat is going on the arm or shoulder blade.

sikk50
10-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Get a figurado! lol

JDTexan
10-07-2010, 10:52 AM
A Cohiba EL style would be pretty damn slick or Behike.

68TriShield
10-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Tat is going on the arm or shoulder blade.

Boring! :r

Ahbroody
10-07-2010, 11:04 AM

Just because you wanted him to say tramp stamp. Keep your sick fantasies out of this man's thread. :r

Patrick B
10-07-2010, 11:19 AM
This could look pretty cool down the back or your upper or lower arm. Get it big, and in a non-standard spot.

HK3-
10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Hmmmm... I was first thinking LGC since that's what's under your avatar.

I think any EL would be cool and having the limitada band have your sons birth year.

Patrick B
10-07-2010, 11:39 AM
If the artist is good with black and gray a lit cigar with a nice smoke trail could look pretty slick. I'm really digging this idea and hope it comes to fruition!

holli4pirating
10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Personally, I wouldn't want to put an actual brand on myself. I'd probably use my family coat of arms for the main band, or something of that nature.

jjirons69
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Don't get a Gurkha. Tom already has one and that would be rude to be a copycat. :noon

Dave128
10-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Congrats on the win. Sounds like a nice way to honor your son.

kelmac07
10-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Congrats Justin!! :tu

pektel
10-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I think my next tat is going on my inner forearm. Dunno if a cigar would look cool there though.

McSmokey
10-07-2010, 12:10 PM

My initial thought was for it to be the arrow pointing to the free 'breathalyzer'
test.:noon

Hmmmm... I was first thinking LGC since that's what's under your avatar.

I think any EL would be cool and having the limitada band have your sons birth year.

I have thought about LGC and it is still on the table, I keep that as my marca because LGC's are my goto smoke they have never failed me.

If the artist is good with black and gray a lit cigar with a nice smoke trail could look pretty slick. I'm really digging this idea and hope it comes to fruition!

The smoke trail is something I hadn't thought of, but I like the idea... I am going to sit down with the guy doing it next week to discuss design. I want to stick to Blacks and Grays if he thinks he can make the detail pop otherwise it'll have to have color. The guy doing mine actually did my wifes tat when he was first getting started at another shop (He owns this shop I'm getting done at). He was great then, can't wait to see how he does mine.

icehog3
10-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Don't get a Gurkha. Tom already has one and that would be rude to be a copycat. :noon

Yes, but that one is on my *****. ;)

pektel
10-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I heard that one was a fuente short story...

***zing!***
Posted via Mobile Device

Chingas
10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Personally, I wouldn't want to put an actual brand on myself. I'd probably use my family coat of arms for the main band, or something of that nature.

I gotta agree with Dylan on this Brother. There's no doubt that you'll know it's a cigar so what makes it you is your family. Your coat of arms.

It's obvious that you're not dead set on a Marca or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. I woul make it as personal as you can. Adding an EL band with your sons birthdate would be awesome. Your sons name with that band or on the main band, as if it were his cigar with his name in the band. The possibilities are endless.

What does your son think, or is it a surprise, or too young to understand?

forgop
10-11-2010, 08:39 PM
That is the question!

Maybe it'll be a cigar that his wife will be "smoking":xxx:xxx:xxx

McSmokey
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I gotta agree with Dylan on this Brother. There's no doubt that you'll know it's a cigar so what makes it you is your family. Your coat of arms.

It's obvious that you're not dead set on a Marca or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. I woul make it as personal as you can. Adding an EL band with your sons birthdate would be awesome. Your sons name with that band or on the main band, as if it were his cigar with his name in the band. The possibilities are endless.

What does your son think, or is it a surprise, or too young to understand?

Son is 8 months coming up in 2 weeks. My latest thought has been more of a Tat style simple band with name and birthday in that tatuaje font and leaving all the fancy stuff off. On the other hand the wife was looking over my shoulder at the fuenteagedselection website and inquired as to what BBMF stood for and told me I should get that cigar tatooed on me since he is 7.5 months and moving into 24 month clothes.(note* the doc says we don't feed him enough:rolleyes:)

kgoings
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Any update on this??? You must post pics when you get it!

Patrick B
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah, where's the pics?!

Volusianator
01-25-2011, 10:57 PM

Ahhhhh, so you're thinking it's a petit corona!

Scothew
01-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Any update on this??? You must post pics when you get it!

Yeah, where's the pics?!

I talked to Justin this morning and asked him about it. He said the place got robbed and all their equipment stolen so they just shut down. He's still gonna get it done but just hasnt yet.

kelmac07
01-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Yes, but that one is on my *****. ;)

TMI Tom...TMI!! :D

McSmokey
01-26-2011, 04:36 PM
When tax returns come in I am going to get the tat done so I can afford to have what I want done and not have to compromise

Scothew
01-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Refer to my email Justin on recommendations :)

Ogre
01-26-2011, 08:51 PM
TMI Tom...TMI!! :D

Thats not TMI. Thats a GMP (Gross Mental Picture)!!!!!