PDA

View Full Version : My first cigar review: Arganese ML3 Torpedo

hammer26a
10-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Chappy and I took a break yesterday afternoon to enjoy some cigars. I chose an Argenese ML3. I've never smoked one before, but I've heard good things about them so I was excited to light this one up.

The cigar was well-constructed with a beautiful dark and oily maduro wrapper. It was firm without any soft spots and cut cleanly. The prelight draw was flavorful with chocolate and coffee. The ML3 was rolled perfectly for my taste: not too loose, but not too tight.

The first third of the cigar was full of rich dark chocolate with a strong coffee finish and it produced thick smoke throughout. Into the second third of the cigar, the flavor shifted from chocolate to wood with a smooth, creamy finish. The last third of the ML3 brought back a hint of chocolate along with an earthy flavor. The finish went from cream to a little bit of spice and pepper.

This was an enjoyable smoke throughout. If you are into full-bodied cigars full of rich chocolate and coffee flavors, this cigar is for you. I'm definitely going to keep a few of these cigars in my humidor in the future.

pnoon
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the review, Mike.

But more important, thank you for your service. :salute:

Stay safe.

Ferrari5180
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Thank you for the review. Was hoping to try an Arganese sometime down the line but I never see them anywhere. The only place I see them is at Famous, who unfortunately does not like or want a Canadian based clientel.

kelmac07
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Nice review. I enjoy these and a box can be had for under $ 40. :tu :tu