PDA

View Full Version : Dreams Resorts

DPD6030
10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Anyone ever been to a Dreams Resort? Looking for more information/personal experiances. Just booked a Apple Vacation square deal for an unknown until at airport Dreams Resort in Riviera Maya.

Vigiles
10-06-2010, 02:14 PM
My family (of 26) went to Dreams Tulum in the Riviera Maya 2 years ago.

It was awesome. I believe we booked through apple as well.

Beautiful resort, awesome staff, all inclusive deal is nice. Lots to do on the resort, great food and bars. Cigar shop on site, I wasn't into the cigar hobby at the time, so I don't know if what he has their was the real deal, but thats where I smoked my first cigar!

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!

St. Lou Stu
10-06-2010, 02:35 PM
My wife and I along with an group of friends totaling 12 will be at Dreams Cancun in Late November, early December.

I would love to hear input and will give mine once I return from my month of travel in December.

DPD6030
10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. It's going to be our honeymoon since that is the time we'll be able to take one. Nice to know they have a cigar shop on site. I'll have to check when we get there on Dec. 11th and see if it is legit. Of course I'll be taking mostly my own sticks.

Garrett,
If you don't mind is there enough to do at the resort that one does not have to leave? Of course we're at a Dreams but won't know exactly which one we get assigned until at the airport. So we could get Tulum, Puerto Adventuras or the Riviera Cancun. I'm sure all are nice though.

VTDragon
10-08-2010, 09:58 AM
If Dreams are anything like the Iberostar resorts there will be plenty to do, especially if you hang out around the pool where the entertainment staff works hard to keep you busy all day.

Having said that, I would advise that you take at least 1 or 2 trips off the resort for a change of pace to see some of the local scenery. If you are interested in some great snorkeling I advise visiting Xel Ha ( http://www.xelha.com/ ) this is a terrific snorkeling area where you can easily spend the whole day. There are also some interesting early Mayan sites in the area. Take one of the packaged tours and you will have a good time. Have fun!