PDA

View Full Version : New Carlos Torano Blends for OCT 2010!

ABNMP619
10-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Hey All,
The Torano Family has just released three new brands as of 1 OCT 2010. As a huge Torano fan I thought I would share the information with you. (Information obatined from CigarCyclopedia.com) If anyone finds out where to purchase these, please let me know.

The Torano Family Cigar Co.'s Brigade brand was very quietly introduced as a value-priced, bundled cigar brand, priced at just $2.76 to $2.90 per cigar in extra-affordable bundles of 16. It is designed to be a quality cigar at an affordable price.

And it delivers. The blend features an Ecuadorian-grown wrapper and Nicaraguan interior leaves and offers a medium-bodied presence in the mouth with a light and spicy aroma. The flavor focuses on a light, caramelized taste with a hint of spice on the finish. The construction is excellent, with an easy draw and an even burn.

There is a bit more spice on the finish in the second half, but this is a relaxed and easy-going blend that will be a pleasure to smoke at any time of the day or night. And thanks to its value pricing, you can offer one to your friends as well.
Overall grade: : Excellent.

The Master brand from Carlos Torano really celebrates the company's famed event roller, Felipe Sosa. A fixture at Torano in-store events, he created a special blend for events that became the Roots Run Deep Tour cigar, sold at shops which hosted events. Now he has a blend that will be sold only in retail shops across the country.

The wrapper is an elegant chocolate brown shade, and the blend has a medium-to-full body and a spicy aroma. The flavor profile includes a modest note of sweetness and a lively spicy tone in the first half, both carefully balanced. The construction and burn are excellent and the volume of flavor remains strong into the second half.

The spiced flavor remains true throughout, with a smaller taste of sweetness mixed in during the final half.

All three sizes of the Master are offered in boxes of 20 and are very accessibly priced from $5.60-$5.90 each, not including local taxes.
Overall grade: : Very Good.

The "Single Region - Serie Jalapa" is a new concept for the Toranos - a cigar made of tobaccos raised not only in a single area, but on a single farm! This is a full-bodied blend of Nicaraguan tobacco, with a very dark brown wrapper and a spicy aroma.

Both sweet and spicy elements dominate the taste of this blend, with more power coming from the spicy side. Draw and burn are perfect throughout.

In the second half, the intensity of flavor remains high, but with an earthier, grassier finish to accompany the spiciness. This is an interesting, change-of-pace smoke that is right in line with the Torano's idea of showcasing new and unique tastes that will change from blend to blend.

The "Single Region - Serie Jalapa" line is offered in boxes of 20 in all three sizes and is quite reasonably priced at $6.50-$6.94 per cigar, exclusive of local sales and tobacco taxes.
Overall grade: : Very Good.

longknocker
10-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Sounds Like Some Smokes I Need To Try!:D Thanks For The Info, Brother!:tu

hscmit
10-05-2010, 06:33 AM
I like the price point on all of them, but will wait for peer reviews to come in before purchasing singles to try

LostAbbott
10-05-2010, 07:53 AM
I am really interested in Torano cigars, but the only ones I have had are the noventa 90's. I picked up a ten pack, they had really good flavor but some had weak smoke and wrappers pop. what torano cigars would you reccomend?

ABNMP619
10-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I am really interested in Torano cigars, but the only ones I have had are the noventa 90's. I picked up a ten pack, they had really good flavor but some had weak smoke and wrappers pop. what torano cigars would you reccomend?

My favorite Torano Cigars are the Exodus Silver, Virtuoso, and the Signature Selection. These are my favorites. :2

TXRebel
10-05-2010, 09:04 AM
If anyone finds out where to purchase these, please let me know.

Serious (http://www.seriouscigars.com/Carlos-Torano_Cigars_list#Brigade) and Atlantic (http://www.atlanticcigar.com/carlostorano.html) shows the Brigade Bundles at the bottom of the page.

LostAbbott
10-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I love the idea of single farm cigars. It is a lot like cask conditioned Scotches. I would love to see this catch on and it be come a category.

Fenster
10-05-2010, 10:22 AM
My favorite Torano Cigars are the Exodus Silver, Virtuoso, and the Signature Selection. These are my favorites. :2

X2 on these recommendations, I also enjoyed the Exodus 50 years.

kelmac07
10-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the great info Top!! :tu

ABNMP619
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM
TX Rebel, thanks for the links brother. I truly appreciate it. :tu -(P

hammer26a
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the review, I'm excited to try those. I'll see if Chappy wants to go in on a box for our collection.

I'm a big fan of Torano, my favorites are the Exodus Silver, Gold 1969, and the Casa Torano maduro.

NCRadioMan
10-05-2010, 10:27 PM
My local shop has had these since August.

The Brigade is decent, the Master and Single Region I had were sour.

ABNMP619
10-07-2010, 11:12 PM
My local shop has had these since August.

The Brigade is decent, the Master and Single Region I had were sour.

Hey, I appreciate the heads up. I ordered some Brigade's. Do you think the Master and the Single Region just needed some time in the Humidor? Thanks for the heads up on these. -(P