PDA

View Full Version : post surgery amusment?

Devanmc
10-01-2010, 06:29 AM
Well from the talks of my physical therapist it looks like I am going to need surgery soon.

About 4months ago, I tore a portion of my Labrum in my hip socket. This is going to leave me pretty much unable to walk for about 1-2 months. Being that I am in the Army I will probably also be on bed rest for most of the time as well.

I am not looking for any sympathy, as these things happen and life goes on. what are some things I can do while I amm stuck in bed all day though? Sure endlessly watching movies and tv shows from my laptop could work, but there has to be something better to do with my time.

Thanks in advance BOTL -(P

Mugen910
10-01-2010, 06:31 AM
read books.

Wanger
10-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Learn a new language. Or you could learn how to crochet. :p

Ranger_B
10-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Being in the Army on bed rest right now I can tell you that the AKO version of rosetta stone is great and FREE!!! Also take advantage of all the GO Army Ed that you can. It is not often that you get a time to slow down on the train so take advantage of it. If you have questions or need some more recommendations please shoot me a PM.

Don Fernando
10-01-2010, 06:48 AM
browse the internet

G G
10-01-2010, 07:51 AM
you could knit Ferdie some wooden shoes and bomb him with them.:tu

kelmac07
10-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Ejamacation!!! :r :r

Get enrolled in college now Devan!! I will only help you later on in your Army career!

Skywalker
10-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Sorry to here that!:(

You can hang with us fools!!! That kills most days for me!!!;)

Devanmc
10-01-2010, 10:06 AM
From what i hear the army also gives a bonus pay now for learning a second language. So i may want to relearn german on AKO. Can any of you other army guys back that up? I beleive i heard it from one of my nco's.

Darrell
10-01-2010, 10:26 AM
From what i hear the army also gives a bonus pay now for learning a second language. So i may want to relearn german on AKO. Can any of you other army guys back that up? I beleive i heard it from one of my nco's.

Yes, that is correct, but you have to score at least a 2 listening and 2 reading on the DLPT (Defense Language Proficiency Test). Also you need to check with your S1 and see if they can get you a list of languages they pay you to be proficient in.

How do I know? I was a staff member at the Defense Language Institute for three years.

BlackDog
10-02-2010, 08:11 AM
All those are great suggestuins, but mine is more fun.

Chase nurses. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Devanmc
10-02-2010, 10:10 AM
All those are great suggestuins, but mine is more fun.

Chase nurses. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

:r:r:r