PDA

View Full Version : Busted! Reds reported after smoking victory cigars in clubhouse

Barcode
10-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Impressionable utes weren't the only ones watching when Cincinnati Reds owner Bob Castellini (right) passed out victory cigars and then lit up after his team clinched the NL Central title at Great American Ball Park on Tuesday.

Also watching at home on television were at least five whistle-blowers who noted that the Reds were violating Ohio's indoor-smoking ban. They called Cincinnati's health department to report the team and now the Cincinnati Enquirer reports the club is under investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Busted-Reds-reported-after-smoking-victory-ciga?urn=mlb-273745

MajorCaptSilly
10-01-2010, 04:43 AM
I can still remember when people acted like grownups.

MCS

nick2021
10-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Amazing how people somehow find the time to look for these silly things....a simple victory celebration turned into something else...

Buckeye Jack
10-01-2010, 05:11 AM
That's re-godamn-diculous! People don't have anything better to do then this kind of crap!

WhoDeySchenk
10-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Mommy, I saw bobby crossing the street and didn't look both ways!

elderboy02
10-01-2010, 06:01 AM
At least they were smoking good cigars. Liga Privada #9's :tu

BigFrank
10-01-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm sorry but this **** has gotten way out of control...

Wanger
10-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Heard this on the radio this morning. WTF is wrong with people? This is an example if the direction we are headed as a society, and what is honestly ruining this once truly great nation. They have no problem with the consumption of copious amounts of alcohol, which has a much greater likelihood of causing physical harm, due to the impairment it affords. But light up a victory cigar, and NO, the f'in tattletale nannies have to get all up in arms about it. They can GFT, as far as I'm concerned.

neoflex
10-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Its called the pussification of America folks. Get ready because it's only getting worse.

jmsremax
10-01-2010, 07:02 AM
How sad is it that some people got on their case over a celebratory smoke. :td

The owner has good taste in cigars though :dr

10-01-2010, 07:11 AM

MCS

Best possible comment above. Why can't adults make adult decisions anymore? Big Brother has to enforce helmet laws, seatbelt laws, smoking bans, what's next?

jmsremax
10-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Best possible comment above. Why can't adults make adult decisions anymore? Big Brother has to enforce helmet laws, seatbelt laws, smoking bans, what's next?

Unfortunately they are now trying to step in and control what people eat.

BigFrank
10-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Its called the pussification of America folks. Get ready because it's only getting worse.

I wonder if I turn my balls in now I'll get a tax credit...;)

Mikepd
10-01-2010, 07:27 AM

Nope, you'll be taxed by the state and government, not credited!

10-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Unfortunately they are now trying to step in and control what people eat.

Soon they'll ban salt. They are already taxing pop & fast food in some areas. "Sin" taxes they call them. Unbelievable.

replicant_argent
10-01-2010, 07:30 AM

Plus the Hazardous Materials Disposal and abatement fee.

ucla695
10-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Straight up STOOOOPID!

kelmac07
10-01-2010, 08:14 AM
The hell with them...hope they enjoyed those victory cigars!! :tu :tu

McSmokey
10-01-2010, 08:18 AM
The hell with them...hope they enjoyed those victory cigars!! :tu :tu

+1 :tu

pnoon
10-01-2010, 08:22 AM
What a load of bullsh!t.

I loved this comment:
"Maybe they should have celebrated with a rousing yet civil game of Monopoly "

kydsid
10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
i hope the owner tells the state fu send the fine and ill put a check in the mail.
Posted via Mobile Device

shilala
10-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm with the Captain, even though I'm not very good at acting like a grownup.

neoflex
10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Soon they'll ban salt. They are already taxing pop & fast food in some areas. "Sin" taxes they call them. Unbelievable.

Don't joke. NY state is trying to make it so restaurants can't use salt when prepping food.

waffle
10-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I appreciate the max of $100 fine and a 2nd time offense of $500... like a baseball team owner couldn't pay it... it is disgusting that someone turned them in... prolly did it as a joke.... and I think Ohio should adjust the law like NY has and say it was for "theatrical performance"

10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Don't joke. NY state is trying to make it so restaurants can't use salt when prepping food.

Don't buy the hype...

Journal of the American College of Nutrition
http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/full/25/suppl_3/256S

The available data is drawn from more than 80,000 subjects followed for periods of up to 20 years. Different means of estimating sodium intake, different types of participants, different end points, and, perhaps not surprisingly, different outcomes are the most striking findings of this overview...

The available data on salt and cardiovascular health identifies neither net benefit, nor proof of safety from a low sodium diet, nor harm from a high sodium intake.

issues
10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Ridiculous!

icehog3
10-01-2010, 10:11 AM
I hope they throw the book at all those dirty Reds. Imagine, Communisim in our great country here in the 21st century. To the gulags with all of them.

hscmit
10-01-2010, 10:24 AM
i hope the owner tells the state fu send the fine and ill put a check in the mail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too

CasaDooley
10-01-2010, 10:28 AM

MCS

:tpd: Sadly so can I. :( It seems to be a "lost art" right now.

BigFrank
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM

Ya I know right. Tax me for Ball removal, then tax me for turning them in, then another tax for disposal like replicant_argent said. And dont forget each will be taxed both local, state and federal. Then to boot politicians will say its for the kids...

Eleven
10-01-2010, 12:12 PM

Get it right, it's CHICKIFICATION.

Volt
10-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I have to say, I do find this thread a bit amusing. Excepting for cigars, to which we would all agree on we would like to be able to smoke them anywhere. On any other subject there are many here who would support Uncle Sam getting into our personal business.

1. Oooh, lock up all the guns only cops, the military and the crooks get to have them.
2. Mr. Billy Bob who has never ridden much less owns a motorcycle voting to make me wear a helment.
3. Some smucks telling Mickey D's to change the oil they cook fries in cuz it might make poeple with no will power fat.
4. Ya mean I can die for my country but can't get a beer at 18 like the rest of the free and non free world does? Seriously?

Either you like the Gov in your bisiness or not, but kinda hard to have it both ways. Personally I want to ride my scoot, munching on a helment full of french fries cooked in real grease as I speed down the road. I am over 18 and know the risks involved.

--------X-------- (my sig on the dotted line) :)

Barcode
10-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I have to say, I do find this thread a bit amusing. Excepting for cigars, to which we would all agree on we would like to be able to smoke them anywhere. On any other subject there are many here who would support Uncle Sam getting into our personal business.

1. Oooh, lock up all the guns only cops, the military and the crooks get to have them.
2. Mr. Billy Bob who has never ridden much less owns a motorcycle voting to make me wear a helment.
3. Some smucks telling Mickey D's to change the oil they cook fries in cuz it might make poeple with no will power fat.
4. Ya mean I can die for my country but can't get a beer at 18 like the rest of the free and non free world does? Seriously?

Either you like the Gov in your bisiness or not, but kinda hard to have it both ways. Personally I want to ride my scoot, munching on a helment full of french fries cooked in real grease as I speed down the road. I am over 18 and know the risks involved.

+1 :banger

shark
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM

I was able to legally buy alcohol when I was stationed in Korea. I was 19 at the time. Probably can't do that now.

Back on topic:

Some people aren't happy unless they make other people's lives miserable.

smelvis
10-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Some peoples children, man the problem is it does not even surprise me, sad very sad!

G G
10-01-2010, 06:46 PM
:tu

Starscream
10-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm surprised the Cardinals fans haven't jumped in here and started blaming Brandon Phillips.

:D (j/k Cards fans!)

Smokin Gator
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
This ticks me off!!! Freakin' nanny state!!!

Subvet642
10-03-2010, 04:03 AM
What bullshit!

10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Rush Limbaugh brought this up on his show today. Needless to say he is on our side of this.