PDA

View Full Version : Backorder from JR Cigars

E.J.
09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Anyone have any experience with backordering cigars from JR Cigars? How long did you wait?

I was informed "We were due to receive a shipment at the end of August, which we have not received as of yet. Unfortunately, we do not have a delivery date from the manufacturer."

I am not so worried that nothing has happend in the VERY short time since I made the order, but more looking for a "Backordering from JR. Cigars is a good alternative when ordering cigars that are not in stock, but listed at a VERY good price."

Thanks in advance....

ninjavanish
09-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Anyone have any experience with backordering cigars from JR Cigars? How long did you wait?

I was informed "We were due to receive a shipment at the end of August, which we have not received as of yet. Unfortunately, we do not have a delivery date from the manufacturer."

I am not so worried that nothing has happend in the VERY short time since I made the order, but more looking for a "Backordering from JR. Cigars is a good alternative when ordering cigars that are not in stock, but listed at a VERY good price."

Thanks in advance....

What did you order from them, if you don't mind telling?

jonumberone
09-29-2010, 09:44 AM
http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/images/blogimages/2009/09/22/1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg

neoflex
09-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I would say it would all depend on what you ordered and how far behind the manufacturer is in production. Could be a national backorder situation and if that is the case it would be hard to guesstimate how long the wait could be but being JR is a large retailer I would think they would be on the front end of the list of orders to fill.

Brutus2600
09-29-2010, 10:08 AM
http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/images/blogimages/2009/09/22/1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg

:r:r:r

E.J.
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM

Really?

Man....that would be disappointing....

jonumberone
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
I meant responding to Jeremy's query. :D

Brutus2600
09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I think Dom was referencing Ninja's post, not the fact that you have a back order from JR's.

Like neoflex said, JR's is a very large retailer. If it's back ordered, I wouldn't worry about eventually getting it or even having to wait too long for it to ship, I bet they get weekly shipments in and your order will ship out within the week.

What cigars did you order? I've placed a couple orders at JR's and while they don't have a great selection of boutique cigars, they have great prices on the bigger names in the industry

E.J.
09-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Box of Fuente Don Carlos No. 2's.....

yourchoice
09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
What did you order from them, if you don't mind telling?

:r Great reply!

ninjavanish
09-29-2010, 10:30 AM

I was actually thinking "His mailbox can't repel firepower of this magnitude!"

But Alas, This is one I can't do. :(

E.J.
09-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I was actually thinking "His mailbox can't repel firepower of this magnitude!"

But Alas, This is one I can't do. :(

That went right over my head....obviously I am a little slow on the uptake I guess. Laughing at my computer...:r

I am just pleased to hear that it sounds like I am good to go, just may have to wait a bit. No big deal on that....though not a patient man(it is a noted fault), I have plenty of cigars I can smoke while I wait....:tu

oldforge
10-03-2010, 06:14 AM
You probably ordered one of the sale items which sold out at the sale price.

Either JRs has no intention of carrying that product in the foreseeable future or they have no intention of offering it to you or anyone at that old sale price.

Who do you believe?--Them or your lying eyes?

E.J.
10-03-2010, 08:50 AM
oldforge, have you had a bad experience with JR Cigars & backorders or are you just commenting on feel?

You probably ordered one of the sale items which sold out at the sale price.

I did.

Either JRs has no intention of carrying that product in the foreseeable future or they have no intention of offering it to you or anyone at that old sale price.

I find it hard to believe that the will just stop carrying the Fuente Don Carlos line, but I guess anything is possible. When I ask them about it, they encouraged me to back order, stating that they had a shipment scheduled, but that had not arrived. I quoted their exact comment related to that above.

They were the ones who actually did offer at that price. At the time, back order was not available online, but they made it available to me.

Who do you believe?--Them or your lying eyes?

I don't know about Don Henley and Glenn Frey, but will take the road of Jonathan Cain, Steve Perry & Neal Schon.

ninjavanish
10-03-2010, 09:06 AM
JR isn't going to stop carrying Don Carlos. Ok?

There are many things that influence the shipment of cigars to anywhere in the US. Lets assume Fuente already had product manufactured and waiting and shipped said product from the DR... it generally would take at least 3 days by sea just to get to Miami. Importation of tobacco through US Customs from the Dominican Republic usually takes at least 3 days and can last up to a week... on a good, fast pace. If you are unfortunate enough to have customs decide they wish to examine your containers more thoroughly you can tack on at least another 2 weeks. And no amount of lawyers or importation brokers or pretty much anything short of an act of congress will get your product out of Customs until they are ready to let it go. So if you're having a bad day... you could potentially be looking at 3 weeks to a month between when you shipped product from the DR... to when you regain control of it in the US.

THEN you have to hash out who gets product first... then you have to ship it from your own facilities to the end destinations across the country.

Worst case scenario, a back-order like this could last over a month, possibly longer if product needs to be manufactured first. But in most cases a backorder from JR has nothing to do with them "changing" their prices. They're not going open themselves up to a bait and switch lawsuit.

ujponds
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't know about Don Henley and Glenn Frey, but will take the road of Jonathan Cain, Steve Perry & Neal Schon.

Hahaha nice!

oldforge
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
My experience is that JRs will not honor back-ordered sales prices after the sale has expired--we will see what happens....

E.J.
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
My experience is that JRs will not honor back-ordered sales prices after the sale has expired--we will see what happens....

You back ordered a product and they did not send it to you and/or charged you more than the price you backordered at?

I am interested to hear your experience.........

OLS
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Anyone have any experience with backordering cigars from JR Cigars? How long did you wait?.I never had this happen because I also click the checkbox, I THINK it is at JRs...might be pipesblabla dot com, though, where it says "If item is not in stock, delete from order". I hate to wait for anything, or worse, pay for it and then wait.

E.J.
10-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I hate to wait for anything, or worse, pay for it and then wait.

Fortunatly, they do not charge until the item ships....

OLS
10-07-2010, 06:11 AM
I had not ordered from JR for 9 months, but once they put those cigar molds up, I had to
go ahead and make an order. It's time to send some troop cigars out, but I had been
holding off to save money. Also the monthly deal where they offer a stainless
Monte cutter with purchase of Monte Whites. Take it from me, you will not find another
guill cutter that performs like that thing. stellar.

E.J.
10-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Well, it appears that I have no patients and cancelled and order a dress box of Tatuaje "The Face" instead....:r

ade06
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Well, it appears that I have no patients and cancelled and order a dress box of Tatuaje "The Face" instead....:r

Won't you have to wait for the tats too? :D

E.J.
10-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Won't you have to wait for the tats too? :D

:r:r...Na....if something is shipping in a week...that is not a wait...;)