PDA

View Full Version : Help! Blazer PB207

Stevez
09-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Guys, I bought a Blazer PB 207 about 2 months ago and have loved this thing. It worked like a charm for 2 months and just mysteriously stopped about 5 days ago. It is using the exact same bottle of butane and I'm not doing anything else differently. I have tried adjusting the flame setting back and forth, full, etc. and it just won't spark and light. I do have the child proof feature that I have disabled, but I did that early on and that hasn't been affecting it. Any advice on what else to try? Much appreciated in advance. Thanks. Steve

Darrell
09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
I bet the little metal thing that helps it spark fell out. That is a BIG problem for newer production Blazers. You need to take it back to the place you got it and ask them to send it in for service. :2

Stevez
09-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I bet the little metal thing that helps it spark fell out. That is a BIG problem for newer production Blazers. You need to take it back to the place you got it and ask them to send it in for service. :2

Thanks Darrell. I bought this from Amazon in June and I just checked and they won't let me return it. I'm going to try and reach out to the company itself if I can. Steve

Brad
09-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Blazer quality has gone downhill, been seeing lots of reports of them crapping out as of late.

Ferrari5180
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I will let you know how mine goes. Will be receiving a Little Buddy in a week or so. Just return it to Blazer. They have a year warranty. What Amazon does is they take your lighter, ship it to Blazer and then send you back a fixed or new one. Let me know how it all goes.

Jason
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
I got one two or 2 years ago and it started behaving badly, takes somewhere between 10 and 100 tries to fire. Piece of crap.

montecristo#2
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Did it happen right after refilling?

I have found that if you get too much air in while refilling it does not light well.

If you modified it, I am pretty sure your warranty is gone. Plus their warranty service is rather slow. I had an issue with a new little buddy staying lit when it should not have. Took about 2 months to get it back.

I would try completely emptying it and refilling.

icehog3
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
I got one two or 2 years ago and it started behaving badly, takes somewhere between 10 and 100 tries to fire. Piece of crap.

Opinions vary...my first one lasted almos4 four years and well over 1000 cigars before dying.

Stevez
09-29-2010, 07:15 AM
I received a really supportive email within hours from a rep in their customer service, giving me full directions on how/where to return it. However, as mentioned, I did modify it to eliminate the child proof tab (it's still there, just doesn't prevent lighting any longer as I rotated it up until it stopped working). May or may not void my warranty.

Interesting concept on the air getting in the tube, as yes, it stopped working right after I re-filled it. Today, I tried it again and did get it to ignite after 10 or so tries. The burn was low and not it's "normal". I let it run for awhile. I may try bleeding it more before I return it and try to get it fixed/replaced. I do know that I have loved this lighter for the almost 3 months I had it, but I certainly am not going to buy another one. Thanks for all the advice. Steve