PDA

View Full Version : Detroit 187

Darrell
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
A new cop show with Kristopher from the Sopranos. Anyone watch it?

I watched it and I really enjoyed it. I like how it seems to essentially follow 2 or 3 sets of partners and goes back and forth between cases.

It's not the Shield, but it may work.

Powers
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Haven't got an opportunity to watch it but it looks intriguing. I'll give anything with Michael Imperioli a chance :tu

Kreth
09-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks good. Nice to see James McDaniel again, too.
Posted via Mobile Device

09-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Love Detroit 187. Of course I have to stop myself from trying to figure out where each scene was shot and focus on the plot. So far I'm impressed.

BigCat
09-29-2010, 10:55 AM
I like it too, but even if I didn't, I told my wife I feel some obligation to keep it on to do my part to keep it going. The more money in this area, the better.

I do wish they would stop the script across the bottom of the scene each time they shift though. It's kinda cheesy and I think we can follow it well enough.

Kreth
09-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I do wish they would stop the script across the bottom of the scene each time they shift though. It's kinda cheesy and I think we can follow it well enough.
I read an article that said they shot the pilot and the first few eps in documentary style (captions, lots of handheld shots). Supposedly they'll be moving away from that going forward.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCat
09-29-2010, 06:17 PM
I read an article that said they shot the pilot and the first few eps in documentary style (captions, lots of handheld shots). Supposedly they'll be moving away from that going forward.
Posted via Mobile Device

I heard that too - I guess we'll see. I know the reason they went away from the documentary style was because of a little girl that was killed here during a raid that was being filmed for a cop show of some sort. They thought the city was too raw to handle a documentary style without it evoking memories of the girl's death.

09-30-2010, 06:42 AM
I heard that too - I guess we'll see. I know the reason they went away from the documentary style was because of a little girl that was killed here during a raid that was being filmed for a cop show of some sort. They thought the city was too raw to handle a documentary style without it evoking memories of the girl's death.

On that note I'm surprised they let Detroit cops carry flashlights...