PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Patel Signature Series

Nickerson
09-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Cigar Name: Rocky Patel, Signature Series.
Cigar Size: Lancero 6"x38.
Wrapper Type: Connecticut.

I can feel it in the air. Fall is here. A nice cool 65* out and feels a bit cooler. Upon stepping outside I came back in to grab a sweatshirt. The leafs are beginning to change colors early, the kids are going back to school, and most importantly Football is starting. To toast the new season along with my hopes and dreams, I decided it would be a great time to enjoy a nice cigar.

Not sure why, but the Rocky Patel Signature Series was calling my name. I never had a Lancero before. Actually I had, but I cut it in half and got two 4.75"x38 cigars out of it. Anyways. This cigar looks fantastic, and I haven't been to crazy about Rocky Patel's newer cigars, so I wasn't expecting to much.

Construction: 8/10

The wrapper is, VERY soft, VERY smooth, and VERY thing. It had a few stretch marks as expected with such a thin wrapper. A few slightly darker spots but no biggy. Got one tiny crack in the wrapper when I was smoking, the wrapper is fragile.

Flavor: 20/25

This thoroughly surprised me. I don't normally go for Connecticut cigars as I find them to mild and bland for my taste. This cigar is medium-full in flavor, medium in body, and light in strength. The flavor itself is the typical flavors you would expect from a Connecticut. It's very smooth, toasty and nutty, and very creamy. Has almost a buttery taste to it. Start to finish it was smooth and enjoyable. Would go great with a cup of coffee.

Draw: 8/10

Draw started out fantastic, became a little bit difficult as time went on. Was still easy to manage though.

Burn: 8/10

From time to time it would get a bit uneven. I didn't have to touch it up at all. At one point it was a straight line down the cigar from one part to another, about half an inch. Which is a lot for such a thin cigar.

Ash: 4/5

Was just a tad darker than your ideal light gray. Ash would split and flake once in a while but nothing major.

Smoke: 5/5

Thick white clouds of lightly aromatic tobacco. Very nice.

Impression: 32/35

I'm very surprised at how enjoyable this cigar was. I don't normally go for this flavor profile but it really was an exceptional smoke. I did enjoy the Lancero size. At $6.00 each they are a good deal. I look forward to trying one of these with a cup of coffee or a hot cocoa.

Overall Rating: 85

Haven't heard much about this cigar before, but I think its worth a try. If your a fan of Connecticut's or creamy/smooth cigars, this cigar is for you. I would also recommend this to beginners as it has no noticeable nicotine in it what-so-ever. I have an anxiety disorder and some times stronger cigars can kick me in the butt. This cigar at 7" didn't bother me one bit, I feel fine.

Give it a try if you haven't already.

thebayratt
09-25-2010, 02:08 PM
For a Conneticut cigar, this is probly one of my favorites. I usually grab some during the colder months.... never really smoked them during the summer.