PDA

View Full Version : jaime Garcia Reserve Especial

Nickerson
09-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Cigar Name: Jaime Garcia, Reserve Especial.
Cigar Size: Short Robusto, 4.5"x50.
Wrapper Type: Maduro.

Choices... Choices... Actually I'm running out of unique cigars. I been doing quite a bit of reviewing lately from cigars I've picked up over the past years from bombs and gifts. I don't have much to spend, so when I do get the cash to spend I try to get a box of good cigars on the cheap. Problem is it doesn't give me the chance to broaden my horizons and try new things, but it's how I can get the most bang for my buck.

I dipped into my fathers side of the humidor and snagged a Jaime Garcia Reserve Especial. This is a fantastic looking and smelling cigar. I'm a fan of Don Pepin Garcia's work, so I'd love to see if his son can blend a cigar as good as the ole' man.

Construction: 9/10

Nearly perfect construction. A fantastic Maduro wrapper, with only a couple smaller veins. Built very solid and looks fantastic.

Flavor: 22/25

This cigar is a flavor-bomb. Starts out with quite a bit of earthy flavor with a good bit of spice and a touch of leather from the wrapper. Second third becomes more toasty. The spice remains as well as the leather, but not as dominant as the start. It finishes off a bit nutty and the earthy flavors return as well. The spice and leather flavors pick up again. A fantastic cigar.

Draw: 10/10

It was perfect. Not once did it become difficult to draw. Effortless draw from start to finish.

Burn: 9/10

Just slight unevenness from time to time. It's a rare occasion when a cigar burns razor sharp from start to finish, so this is as good as it gets really.

Ash: 5/5

1"+ mark, time to ash this cigar... hmm? Guess it isn't ready. 2" strong and its still holding on. 3" and its STILL holding. Quite impressive. Shortly after that it falls off into the ash tray. Excellent. The ash itself is solid and very light gray, almost white.

Smoke: 5/5

Great quantity of smoke. Was amazing.

Impression: 32/35

Simply put, fantastic cigar. I am a fan of Pepin's work and I must say this is one of the finer cigars they have produced. I'd say the cigar is full flavored, full bodied, and medium-full strength. An excellent cigar. At $6.50 a cigar it is well worth the money paid and then some. I will definitely have to pick up more of these.

Overall Rating: 92

Quite possibly the best Pepin cigar around. I've only had about 7-8 of his cigars, 10 if you include Tatuaje. You must be saying "ONLY 10?" Yeah he does make quite a bit of cigars, but I enjoy them very much. I think this may have been the best Pepin cigar I've had. And that's saying a lot.

Maduro fans, full-bodied fans, and fans of earthy and leathery flavor profiles... this cigar is a MUST try.

Simply fantastic.

NCRadioMan
09-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm a fan of Don Pepin Garcia's work, so I'd love to see if his son can blend a cigar as good as the ole' man.

I would say with the original My Father, La Raloba and this one would qualify as a yes!

kelmac07
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Nice review...I enjoy these very much!! :tu

Nickerson
09-25-2010, 01:28 PM
I would say with the original My Father, La Raloba and this one would qualify as a yes!

One of my Fathers favorite cigars is the "My Father" by Pepin. Makes a great gift for special occasions.

P.S.

Sorry for going on a review rampage! I had to transfer the reviews I did from another website over the past two months to my new community.

I created the review template, and anyone interested in using is feel free.

whodeeni
09-27-2010, 02:10 AM
One of my Fathers favorite cigars is the "My Father" by Pepin. Makes a great gift for special occasions.

P.S.

Sorry for going on a review rampage! I had to transfer the reviews I did from another website over the past two months to my new community.

I created the review template, and anyone interested in using is feel free.

OhhhKay! I was beginning to wonder G.D. who is this nickerson guy doing all
these reviews?:r Great reviews though! Thanks for sharing your experiences w/ us brotha!

This is one of my favorites this year!