PDA

View Full Version : Cigar of the Gods Adonis Maduro Robusto

Kreth
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Got this in the recent CotG sampler offer.

Humidor time: A little over a week

Prelight: Definitely a dyed maddie, but construction looks nice. No prominent veins or soft spots.

Burn: Burn was uneven, kept tunneling and canoeing. This may be due to the short rest I gave it. Ash was very flaky, looked like I was smoking a pine cone. Burn time was about 75 minutes.

Flavor: Nice flavors: dark coffee, chocolate, and caramel. There was a nice amount of pepper as well, especially in the second and final thirds.

Summary: This is a decent smoke. If you like peppery maddies like the ITSF or Diesel, you'd probably like the Adonis Maduro. I think a bit more rest would correct the burn issues I noted.
Posted via Mobile Device

kelmac07
09-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice review Jeff!! Gonna have to track a few of these down. :tu

Pass
09-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I found much the same with mine tonight.

The flavors are excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed the blend. However, the burn issues really got in the way for me. The serious wavering and such through off the flavors and required constant correction.

With age I think these can be fantastic. But they're just not there yet.

TheRiddick
09-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Smoked the Maduro today and, sadly, can't agree with the above. Very bland flavor wise with no body to be found. Some sugary notes, but that's about it. Towards the last 2 inches a bit of "body" showed up, but that was more likely the tar build-up by then.

And it was the first time in who knows how long I got stained fingers from the wrapper, not a good deal for me (although I am buying just a few Maduros these days). While I did enjoy the Natural (see elsewhere), the Maduro is not one I could recommend.