PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Site New Layout

TheGentleman
09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Anyone else not a fan of this at all? It looks way too busy and I hate having to scroll through 12 pages to see everything listed in a category.

BigAsh
09-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Anyone else not a fan of this at all? It looks way too busy and I hate having to scroll through 12 pages to see everything listed in a category.

Hit "show all" on bottom right....no scrolling...

TheGentleman
09-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Yep, that works....now I feel like an idiot. It's not the first time!;)

Bax
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't like it. Think it sucks...but that will help keep my credit card in line :D

Smokin Gator
09-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I can't sign in on the new site. Oh well...

Barcode
09-21-2010, 04:23 PM
You have to use your email address attached to your account not your nickname to sign on now, but your password is still the same.

Altra
09-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Not a fan either, not sure but I don't like the layout. I don't enjoy browsing the site now.

Shawn

shilala
09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
I bet it's been well over a year since I took a tantrum and quit buying from cbid and whatevertheheck the other place is. Not cigars.com, the other one.
I'm pretty convinced they haven't missed me. I'm gonna keep holding out till they notice. :D

Dunkel
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
New layout is lame. I don't like it at all.

Volt
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
-1 to the new layout. Hard to get around IMO. The old site was simple and easy to use. Just because you can make it complicated doesn't mean you need to.

Starscream
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
:td here as well. It's been like that for a couple of weeks now. Bidding isn't that bad, it's my account and order status that's what I don't like.

SmokinCozy
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
-1 to the new layout. Hard to get around IMO. The old site was simple and easy to use. Just because you can make it complicated doesn't mean you need to.

:tpd:

Ratters
09-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Well, the last layout was pretty much the same for almost ten years, so bout time they changed it. :ss But yeah, miss what I was comfortable with, though I can't buy anything now anyhow. :D

Gophernut
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Not a fan here either. I don't like change...

Smokin Gator
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
You have to use your email address attached to your account not your nickname to sign on now, but your password is still the same.

I can't get it to work that way:confused:

MarkinAZ
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
I've just checked it out and do not care for the "IT" Depts new design. 1) I don't like the fact that you have to hit "All" in the lower right hand area (that is, once you locate it) just to have the opportunity to be able to scroll down; and 2) when you click-on a bid item, such as Oliva G 5pk, you are taken to a screen which is blank. So, you now have to scroll down to see whats going on with the 5pk, etc.:td

C'mon Cbid, bring the old site back huh?

G G
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Absolutely horrible. Haven't gone there much lately since my buying has been scaled back so far as to be non existent, but I wouldn't buy much from there now cause it's a terrible layout.:td

OLS
09-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Lucky i guess..never been to any of em.

Superbad
09-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I have avoided the site for a while now, but they do have a box of the Tat verocu no. 5 up. I think the new site isn't much of an improvement.

alexa071
09-22-2010, 02:41 AM
I lOVE the new layout. Originally they didn't have the "ALL" option for scrolling and that was rather annoying. Once they changed that I'm all about it. Yes, it took some getting used to but I think it is more logical in it's layout now. I'm not really a fan of the freefall auctions but I just don't use it.

Bill86
09-22-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm going to start patrolling the devils site for a reasonably priced 500-850 count humidor we'll see how it goes....either way I need to smoke more cigars. My 300 count isnt bad I should count up the sticks in it.

BigCat
09-22-2010, 04:33 AM
I can't get it to work that way:confused:

Is the page not loading? That happened to me - I just googled cigarbid.com and clicked on that link instead of the one in my favorites. That worked.

And I don't like it, either.

polobear
09-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I like it. It was time for a facelift. Users always resist change but will adapt as long as your design doesn't get in the way. I wish they would allow our changes to the number of results to persist (be sticky between pages/browser sessions), but that's a nitpick (and developers usually return lists like that rather than an entire result set because it has less overhead on the server traffic to do so).

If you have problems with the page loading from an old bookmark, just remove the /auctions at the end.

nomadicwookie
09-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I like it as well. I think the freefall auction is interesting. I just haven't seen anything on it that's caught my eye yet.

Smokin Gator
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
I wrote their customer service about my login problems. Here is part of the reply:

If you continue to experience issues with the new site, please reply back to this correspondence and we will forward all information on to our IT Department.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you’re experiencing. If there is anything further I may assist you with, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Cigarbid

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
:r:r:r

nomadicwookie
09-22-2010, 10:25 AM
:rolleyes::tdI wrote their customer service about my login problems. Here is part of the reply:

If you continue to experience issues with the new site, please reply back to this correspondence and we will forward all information on to our IT Department.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you’re experiencing. If there is anything further I may assist you with, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Cigarbid

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
:r:r:r FAIL...

Volt
09-22-2010, 10:43 AM
:r Ok, that's a major fail! BTW, I sent the customer service email a link to this thread. Thought it might be interesting to them.

I wrote their customer service about my login problems. Here is part of the reply:

Thank you,

Customer Service
Cigarbid

:r:r:r

MarkinAZ
09-22-2010, 11:07 AM
:r Ok, that's a major fail! BTW, I sent the customer service email a link to this thread. Thought it might be interesting to them.

...:tu

cigarz
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm OK with the change, however it takes more pagedowns to get through the same number of items as before. I get an "out-of-sync" feeling when using the site. The changeover at cigarauctioneer.com was much smoother and graphically more appealing.

Nickerson
09-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Hit "show all" on bottom right....no scrolling...

Good call. People typically seem hesitant towards change. They are more comfortable with something that are familiar with.

I think a re-design was in desperate need and I think they did a good job. Though it will take a little getting use to. The old design was so primitive.

jaycarla
09-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Good call. People typically seem hesitant towards change. They are more comfortable with something that are familiar with.

I think a re-design was in desperate need and I think they did a good job. Though it will take a little getting use to. The old design was so primitive.

Hadn't been on in it in months. I almost pulled the rip cord at first, but played around 5-10 minutes, I like it. I thought it was going to be like Cigar Auctioneer which I hate.

So, to prove I am a man of the peeps, I will give credit to the Pats fan for making good points. It doesn't feel good, but I do try.

Bubba - NJ
09-28-2010, 03:24 PM
The new layout is nice but it's down right now and was down last Friday night when I tried to go on also . :su And I wanted to bid ! Edit ; Just checked and It's back up again , currently . Seems like alot of work going on the site .

polobear
09-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I keep seeing people say the site is down, but I wonder if they don't have scripting errors or something going on. For example, the site JUST opened fine for me in Chrome.
IE8 worked fine after a refresh. /shrug