PDA

View Full Version : The Event

Parshooter
09-21-2010, 06:24 AM
A new show on NBC, Monday at 9:00. Watched the premire last night and I'm totally confused (yeah, so what else is new).
I don't get the young couple on the cruise, why the girl went missing and why their room was re-occupied and all their info was gone. I know that she is the daughter of the pilot that took over the plane, but what did they have to do with any of that? I'm sure that will probably be explained in future episodes, but I want to know NOW!!!

Eleven
09-21-2010, 06:31 AM
I thought maybe the Dad/Pilot was one of the escaped prisoners? Gonna have to watch it again, the whole 'Pulp Fiction' timeline was a little confusing. The agent had told the 'Leader' in Alaska that they had found someone 'hiding in plain sight' but I didn't pay attention to the timeline of it.

Parshooter
09-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Yes, the time-line thing was really confusing. Gotta stay sober to watch this one :r

SvilleKid
09-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking this is another "Lost" type of show. Watched the pilot last night. I'm not up for another confusion show like Lost. I'll give it one more show to answer questions, but if each show creates more questions than answers, I'll have to remove it from the dvr queue.

mosesbotbol
09-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I just want to know what the Event is and save me the hassle.

VTDragon
09-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I thought it showed lots of potential. It is refreshing for me to watch a network show that I have to pay attention to instead of the usual crap they produce that you can watch while doing somthing else and not miss a beat. I just hope that it does not go the way of last season's Fast Forward that got canceled before tying up its' plot lines.

Eleven
09-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Flash Forward started out great, too bad they didn't make better use of it. Part of its problem was the hiatus. It was too long and there were too few episodes before the break.

As for The Event, I'm cool with shows that keep me guessing. Beats the overload of 'reality' shows that are taking over TV. Or how about just moving a TV show to another town and calling it completely different show? What's next? ER: New York? or Cougar Town: Denver!

Network TV in general just plain sucks. I just hope The Event doesn't end up sucking, or worse, its a great show and gets canceled anyway. But that is usually Fox that does that.

Kreth
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I caught the repeat on Saturday, looks interesting. I may check out the second ep tomorrow night. Sheen phoned it in last week for 2 1/2 Men, and Mike & Molly is one of my picks for quickest cancellation this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eleven
09-28-2010, 06:55 AM
****SPOILERS******

After watching the 1st episode again, I was pretty sure the pilot/dad is not one of them, and the second episode confirmed that.

So its still up in the air as to who the prisoners are, but I am leaning towards future-humans who have evolved or had their DNA modified.

As for who blackmailed the pilot into flying the plane into the Prez, I am still clueless, and if Sophia's people on the outside saved the Prez and transported the plane to the desert, was it the assassin group who came in helicopters to kill the passengers? Or Sophia's ppl?

I shouldn't have deleted episode 2 after only 1 viewing :)

Parshooter
09-28-2010, 10:36 AM
****SPOILERS******
After watching the 1st episode again, I was pretty sure the pilot/dad is not one of them, and the second episode confirmed that.

So its still up in the air as to who the prisoners are, but I am leaning towards future-humans who have evolved or had their DNA modified.

As for who blackmailed the pilot into flying the plane into the Prez, I am still clueless, and if Sophia's people on the outside saved the Prez and transported the plane to the desert, was it the assassin group who came in helicopters to kill the passengers? Or Sophia's ppl?

I shouldn't have deleted episode 2 after only 1 viewing :)

I'm sure the pilot is not one of them, he had to fly the plane to save his daughters. I think the prisoners are some sort of aliens. Also not sure who wanted the president dead, can't be the prisoners cause he was gonna set them free (I believe this was said in epi 1). The assassin group will remain a mystery for a couple more episodes.
Before the 2nd episode I said that I would give the show some more time before I give up on it, I'm definitly sticking with it for the end of the season, then probably more.

Mr B
09-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Flash Forward started out great, too bad they didn't make better use of it. Part of its problem was the hiatus. It was too long and there were too few episodes before the break.

As for The Event, I'm cool with shows that keep me guessing. Beats the overload of 'reality' shows that are taking over TV. Or how about just moving a TV show to another town and calling it completely different show? What's next? ER: New York? or Cougar Town: Denver!

Network TV in general just plain sucks. I just hope The Event doesn't end up sucking, or worse, its a great show and gets canceled anyway. But that is usually Fox that does that.

:tpd: on all 3 points.

Kreth
09-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Also not sure who wanted the president dead, can't be the prisoners cause he was gonna set them free (I believe this was said in epi 1). The assassin group will remain a mystery for a couple more episodes.
My guess at this point is that the assassins are extremists among Sophia's people. She did say that some of them have run out of patience...
Posted via Mobile Device

stevefrench
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
****SPOILER******

'The Event' sucks! ;s

OLS
09-29-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm thinking this is another "Lost" type of show. but if each show
creates more questions than answers, I'll have to remove it from the dvr queue.
You know that's right. I will never again get hooked up on a show that wastes
that much of my life for no payoff whatsoever.

VTDragon
09-29-2010, 09:36 AM
My guess at this point is that the assassins are extremists among Sophia's people. She did say that some of them have run out of patience...
Posted via Mobile Device
Or, a goverment group bent on having the "aliens" take the fall for the assasination of the President. Remember, the President only found out about them because he insisted that he NEEDED to know.

Kreth
09-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Interesting link (http://www.truthseeker5314.com/).
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
10-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

This is what I gather. So far I'm hooked! As long as it keeps going the way it is I'll keep watching...very addictive.

BluesGuy
10-12-2010, 04:35 AM
You know that's right. I will never again get hooked up on a show that wastes
that much of my life for no payoff whatsoever.

Yep....one Lost was enough for me

longknocker
10-12-2010, 04:50 AM
This is what I gather. So far I'm hooked! As long as it keeps going the way it is I'll keep watching...very addictive.

:tu I Watch It Every Week!:noon

BeerAdvocate
10-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Lost clone!

Bill86
10-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I never got into Lost.....perhaps I should watch all 6 seasons.

Eleven
10-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I never got into Lost.....perhaps I should watch all 6 seasons.

I have. Twice.

Bill86
10-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Caught tonights episode....interesting. This shows got me hooked for sure, although along with 16 other shows. But I think this ones going to go a good 5 seasons as long as they spend the first seasons or two in complete mystery.

Kreth
10-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Ahem. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
11-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Season finale aired tonight what does everyone think so far? I think it's good but that was no finale......I mean I guess they set some things in motion but I wanted more in the first season to kinda show me where the show is going.

Eleven
11-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Kinda let down. It better be REAL good to start out next season. The wife lost interest an episode ago and this last episode did not deliver for me.

Too bad.

Every show needs to be more like Dexter dammit!

Bill86
11-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Kinda let down. It better be REAL good to start out next season. The wife lost interest an episode ago and this last episode did not deliver for me.

Too bad.

Every show needs to be more like Dexter dammit!

Most definitely. I felt the exact same way. I kinda got hooked so the last few episodes were less then stellar but I stuck it through. They better start out VERY good next season or else I'm not watching.

I am looking forward to Californication come January. That and Dexter are my 2 favorite shows, entourage was up there but this last season was just so-so.

Bill86
03-07-2011, 01:36 AM
I'm going to thread zombie this as it seems the season just took a break and is continuing now.

Apparently 2 new episodes today. I guess that mediocre ending wasn't an ending but merely a small cliffhanger to keep you at bay for the rest of the season. IMDB says 6 more episodes for a total of 16 instead of 10.

kelmac07
03-07-2011, 05:45 AM
I enjoyed last season...looking forward to this season.

Kreth
03-07-2011, 01:35 PM
First of all, a large extended middle finger to NBC for moving it up. Now I have to choose between The Event and How I Met Your Mother. Since it's obvious TPTB don't give two shits about this show, guess what I'll be watching...
Oh, and who was the ****ing genius who decided to throw that huge spoiler about the origin of Sophia's people in the commercials? :rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

Bill86
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I enjoyed last season...looking forward to this season.

it's actually the same season Mac looks like what we thought was the ending was really just a season break. Tonight episode 11 and 12 are on.