PDA

View Full Version : Cao mx3

Altra
09-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey guys,

I know I have heard of these but cannot find anything about them. I am a fan of most CAO cigars i've smoked and if these in fact do exist I would like to try them.

So can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Shawn

boom
09-18-2010, 10:40 AM
From what my local B&M mentioned they were limited releases to select retailers... they had there own second band with their store name... I can check to see if they have any left... but Cali prices are gonna be close to $12 a stick..... pm me I'll be by that shop later today....

kelmac07
09-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Shawn...I know W.C. Drapers in DC has them. And they take phone orders...(800) 572-2382. The are like $ 55 for a 5er of Robustos and $65 for toros. And the MX3s are AWESOME!!! Easily the best stick I have smoked.

discdog
09-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't think they were a limited release but they did have trouble after the original release several years ago. Most of the shops I freguent here in Atlanta have them in stock. I could have sworn that CI and Holts also carried them.
They are one of my favorite CAO sticks, thanks for reminding me about them. I may have to revisit them tonight when I go out.

kelmac07
09-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think they were a limited release but they did have trouble after the original release several years ago. Most of the shops I freguent here in Atlanta have them in stock. I could have sworn that CI and Holts also carried them.
They are one of my favorite CAO sticks, thanks for reminding me about them. I may have to revisit them tonight when I go out.

Bob, you might be thinking of another CAO stick...

The story behind the MX3 is that it is one of the 11 original blends that CAO stocked in its Escaparate at CAO HQ in Tennessee. It was created exclusively for the CAO Escaparate. (The Escaparate houses 330,000+ cigars in an ‘in-the-round’ walk-in humidor).

Over the course of the past 5 years, CAO made the decision to make some of their Escaparate blends/brands available at select retail tobacconists across the country W. Curtis Draper’s has the exclusive on MX3 and is available in two sizes (robusto and a torpedo).

The CAO MX3 are available ONLY at W. Curtis Drapers in D.C. (800) 572-2382.

There was word that a shop in Tennessee also carried them...but I cannot confirm.

discdog
09-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Mac you are exactly correct. I should have walked downstairs and double checked before making that post. I was thinking of the MX2. Which are in stock and a CAO standard. Sorry for the misinformation. And curse you for giving me something else to hunt for now lol.

Can't believe my first post her was wrong! Guess I will just go back to lurking.

kelmac07
09-18-2010, 12:16 PM
And curse you for giving me something else to hunt for now lol.

But damn are they tasty!! :dr :dr :dr

discdog
09-18-2010, 12:20 PM
But damn are they tasty!! :dr :dr :dr

Figures. Wouldn't be a bad one. lol

Bill86
09-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm sure I could get my hands on these, being that CAO is located in Nashville. In fact I'm 90% sure I've seen the MX3's in all the local shops. PM me if you would like me to get you some of them.

Altra
09-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I live in MD and wouldn't mind making the trip to DC to check these guys out.

How do they compare to the MX2, that is probably my favorite CAO out of what i've tried.

On a side note, smoking a Diesel right now, 1st one and I am in love. Gotta love the wife for a surprise gift.

Anyway thanks for the info.

Shawn

Bax
09-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Where in MD are ya?

Altra
09-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm in Baltimore.

boom
09-18-2010, 05:38 PM

The story behind the MX3 is that it is one of the 11 original blends that CAO stocked in its Escaparate at CAO HQ in Tennessee. It was created exclusively for the CAO Escaparate. (The Escaparate houses 330,000+ cigars in an ‘in-the-round’ walk-in humidor).

Over the course of the past 5 years, CAO made the decision to make some of their Escaparate blends/brands available at select retail tobacconists across the country W. Curtis Draper’s has the exclusive on MX3 and is available in two sizes (robusto and a torpedo).

There was word that a shop in Tennessee also carried them...but I cannot confirm.

He is correct... the stick which I thought was the MX3 was the MX3 Box press with the local B&M band...

kelmac07
09-18-2010, 08:42 PM
How do they compare to the MX2, that is probably my favorite CAO out of what i've tried.

Shawn

Shawn...these are 10X better than the MX2s. Flavors are much more profound. Keep in mind...this is coming from a maduro whore!! :2

Ferrari5180
09-18-2010, 10:55 PM
I had the MX2 the other day and I found them to be quite good. Nice full flavors of espresso, dark chocolate, cream and an overall sweetness. I would definitely pick one up again once I get a chance.

boom
09-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Crappy cell phone pic but my local B&M gots em..... Im goona go back and get a few tomorrow....

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff115/baseworks/cid_521.jpg

kelmac07
09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Crappy cell phone pic but my local B&M gots em..... Im goona go back and get a few tomorrow....

Troy...how much are they brother??? Do they have the torpedo size, or only the robusto? :banger

Montano
09-20-2010, 06:11 AM

Those don't look like box pressed ? I may have to get some if they are robustos :)

GTsetGO
09-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Troy...how much are they brother??? Do they have the torpedo size, or only the robusto? :banger

i would like to know the same

Dunkel
09-20-2010, 07:31 AM
I'd like to try one but not paying that price for them. Camacho Triple Maduro was great too, but way too expensive IMO.

boom
09-21-2010, 12:41 PM
to those who asked about how much....

corona $12
robusto $13
torpedo $17
churchill $19

After all its California.....

kelmac07
09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
to those who asked about how much....

corona $12
robusto $13
torpedo $17
churchill $19

After all its California.....

Thanks Troy!!! WOW...you weren't kidding. May be a little cheaper at Drapers...but only by a few bucks.

ODLS1
09-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Man I would love to try one of these. The MX2 was my 3rd cigar and I loved it. Revisted it recently and still really enjoyed it. I'm always down for more flavor. I still need to try the Camacho Triple Maduro. That may be my next purchase. I love Maduros.