PDA

View Full Version : Padron Anniversary 1964

MajorCaptSilly
09-17-2010, 05:12 PM
I'll start out by saying that I had a couple Padrons years ago and decided that I didn't like the brand. I've stayed away from them since then. Fast forward to 2010:

Travis (TexanInMexico) sent me this 1964 with some other great sticks and a bottle of Havana Club. I felt it was my duty to at least give the old Padron brand another shot.

This cigar has it all. A very distinct spice, big time leather, and an overall earthy flavor. The smoke is heavy and plentiful and the finish is strong and sweet. This cigar is so unique, it's hard to explain how the flavors meld and develop, but it's absolutley one of the best cigars I've every had.

As far as a review goes: This was a religious experience.

Thanks Travis!

MCS

Blueface
09-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I'll start out by saying that I had a couple Padrons years ago and decided that I didn't like the brand. I've stayed away from them since then. Fast forward to 2010:

Travis (TexanInMexico) sent me this 1964 with some other great sticks and a bottle of Havana Club. I felt it was my duty to at least give the old Padron brand another shot.

This cigar has it all. A very distinct spice, big time leather, and an overall earthy flavor. The smoke is heavy and plentiful and the finish is strong and sweet. This cigar is so unique, it's hard to explain how the flavors meld and develop, but it's absolutley one of the best cigars I've every had.

Thanks Travis!

MCS

Scott,
Now imagine what you have missed all this time.
Man I love Annis.
Just smoked a 45th torpedo this weekend. It was amazing.

RustyShackleford
09-17-2010, 06:15 PM
This is one of my favorite cigars.

Since you liked this one give the 26 a shot. I like it even more!:banger

shilala
09-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I haven't tried the 45th or millennium, or the 72 1/3 they came out with recently, but I can't think of two better cigars than the '64 monarca and 26 #6. both amazing.

ChicagoWhiteSox
09-17-2010, 06:42 PM
These are great cigars. I had one with 4 years on it, and it was stellar! One of the best NC's around:2

DaBear
09-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Still my favorite cigar by far, and its honestly the best bang for your buck IMO

CigarNut
09-17-2010, 10:51 PM
I love the 1964's -- and while the 1926's are great the 1964's are a better value. I just picked up a box of the Exclusivo's and a box of the Principe's (to go along with my Monarca's) -- all Maduro.

ABNMP619
09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
I agree about the 64 being a better priced cigar than the 26. The flavors and the construction of hte 64 are just out of this world. I love it! :2

688sonarmen
09-18-2010, 04:53 AM
I managed to get a box of Pyrmids on craigslist for a steal, totally legit too. I have smoked a few and one yesterday, they burn soooo long near the last 1 1/2" that I decided the cut the ash off and then dissect the nub. Im guessing its ligero in the middle but the stuff was so thick, leathery and sticky its no wonder why they finish like they do. Which like you said very sweet and spicy.

njstone
09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Man, I sure loves PAN/PAMs when I can get 'em! So good. I've only had a couple '26s (the small #35), but they're great too--not as much spice, but smoother and sweeter. As to which is "better," it depends on my mood. I think that the PAM Principe is probably one of the best petite coronas on the planet. You pay for it, though.

I had a 40th Maduro (my first, and the most expensive cigar I've ever smoked!) last week on a special day off. It was one of the best cigars I've ever had, period. Amazing!

mike
09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
I got started on the PAM's 64's about 3 years ago, best cigar in the world, love it and I tell every one if they want a great stick to get an exclusivo.

Starscream
09-20-2010, 05:42 PM

MCS

Amen!:tu:tu

I'm surprised you haven't had one of these yet.