PDA

View Full Version : It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Coz77
09-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Any one watch the season 6 premiere last night? What did you think?

Personally I found it a bit weak...and whats up with all the product placement?

Brutus2600
09-17-2010, 07:48 AM
"We're two cool dudes who want to get married, what's gay about that?"

Rofl, I LOVED the season opener, although it wasn't the best episode ever, it still had me in stitches.

I did notice the product placement like whoa...but hey, they gotta make a buck *shrug*

icehog3
09-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Never saw any of the first 5 seasons, but watched last night. I laughed out loud more than once...set the TiVo to record the season. :tu

Brutus2600
09-17-2010, 08:25 AM
If you liked last night's episode Tom, do yourself a favor and rent/download/stream the first 5 seasons. Like I said, last night's was funny, but there have been much funnier episodes in previous seasons where I've laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. It's a rare show that can actually do that.

RightAJ
09-17-2010, 09:04 AM
I love Sunny! This opener wasn't their best, but still very funny. I'm also a huge fan of The League which comes on right after... if you haven't seen it catch up on the first season it was classic

aj

icehog3
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
If you liked last night's episode Tom, do yourself a favor and rent/download/stream the first 5 seasons. Like I said, last night's was funny, but there have been much funnier episodes in previous seasons where I've laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. It's a rare show that can actually do that.

Looks like I am looking at Amazon tonight, Brian. :tu

Jbailey
09-17-2010, 01:53 PM

I got season 1-4 on dvd and the Christmas special. I you want to barrow any let me know.

Big fan of the series and I thought the season opener was pretty good.

Tripp
09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
and whats up with all the product placement?

I'll start by saying this has been my favorite show since somewhere around the beginning of season 3.

There has been product placement for a while, but it was never more blatant than last night(except the D&B Ep). IT seemes like in previous episodes, Coors Light was a sponsor, with the sign in the window, and they were occasionally drinking them. Though previously they were just sort of there. Last night, every time Coors was on screen, the label was facing camera, and then the Sunny/Coors contest was a little obvious too.

Earlier today on his Twitter, Glenn Howerton(Dennis)sort of threw a fit , saying that he feels like it makes the show more realistic, and they didn't even pay Subway, and just allowed to shoot there. He also said that they don't get to make these decisions, and its standard for TV shows. It may seem more realistic to him, but to me, it feels sort of like a commercial, and to be honest, I don't need Sunny to be realistic anyway.

MedicCook
09-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I have watched some of the earlier seasons off and on. Really need to see all of them. One funny a$$ show.

Eleven
09-18-2010, 07:23 PM
The product placement seemed to fit in with the commercials they ran where Coors Light is having a Sunny contest.

I got no probs with the product placement.

Its hard for a show to maintain that original 'edge', especially something as zany and off the wall as Sunny. I remember thinking "wtf is Danny Devito doing on this show? They don't need him" And now I can't imagine it without him.

(btw, same thing with The League, no way it can match the first season, it was amazing)

montecristo#2
09-18-2010, 07:44 PM
The product placement seemed to fit in with the commercials they ran where Coors Light is having a Sunny contest.

I got no probs with the product placement.

Its hard for a show to maintain that original 'edge', especially something as zany and off the wall as Sunny. I remember thinking "wtf is Danny Devito doing on this show? They don't need him" And now I can't imagine it without him.

(btw, same thing with The League, no way it can match the first season, it was amazing)

Rosterbating - I literally fell off my couch laughing. Ochocinco was pretty good as well. :=:

Sunny wasn't the best episode and the Coors 12 packs on the bar in the beginning was a little much for me, but still worth it. Even with last season, a few episodes were great, but hard to live up to the past.

safariguy
09-19-2010, 07:51 AM
I love this show. I too thought the opener was not as over the top as some of the others, but I seem to recall thinking the same thing last year. My theory is that they don't want to drive away first time veiwers who tune in for the season opener.

There is a whole seiries of behind the scenes videos on Hulu right now. The seem to indicate that in future episodes, there will be plenty of "edge" coming up. One of my favorite things about this show is that it brings back characters from earlier epsisodes and has lot of running gags. The Tranny is a perfect example. It looks like later this season the McPoyle's are back!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/170365/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-6-overview#s-p1-sr-i0

s15driftking
09-19-2010, 08:10 AM
premier was weak.

I have watched that show since day 1... by far the worst episode!

icehog3
09-19-2010, 09:27 AM
premier was weak.

I have watched that show since day 1... by far the worst episode!

Then I can't wait too see all the old seasons, 'cause I laughed my ass off! :wo

tenbaseg
09-19-2010, 10:11 AM

I have a couple seasons on DVD if you want to borrow them. Let me know if you're interested. You can always make a "backup" incase something happened.

yourchoice
09-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Sunny is one of the few shows where I will literally "LOL". Great show, but I've only seen a handful of episodes. I may have to p/u past seasons as well. www.hulu.com used to have full episodes on line, but right now, they don't.

Salvelinus
09-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Love this show. I don't have fx so I am relegated to waiting for the dvd's to come out. It is consistently hilarious, you can't expect every episode to be great.

montecristo#2
09-19-2010, 10:48 AM
At least in the past, not sure if it has changed, they used to have all of the episodes on fx.com. Might check there as well.

Kreth
09-19-2010, 11:05 AM
It is consistently hilarious, you can't expect every episode to be great.
:confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

thebiglebowski
09-19-2010, 12:46 PM

i thought it was pretty funny too. anytime dee gags cracks me up.

Jbailey
09-19-2010, 01:12 PM
i thought it was pretty funny too. anytime dee gags cracks me up.

:r
Glad they brought that back again.

s15driftking
09-19-2010, 03:09 PM

by all means, season one is the funniest.

The funniest episode is from season 1 - "Gun fever"

the other two funniest episodes for me are from last season though the one where they have an intervention on Frank is Hilarious, also, the one where they solve the mortgage crisis is unreal!!!

icehog3
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I have a couple seasons on DVD if you want to borrow them. Let me know if you're interested. You can always make a "backup" incase something happened.

Thanks Garrett, I sent you a PM. :)

Coz77
09-20-2010, 06:10 AM
by all means, season one is the funniest.

The funniest episode is from season 1 - "Gun fever"

the other two funniest episodes for me are from last season though the one where they have an intervention on Frank is Hilarious, also, the one where they solve the mortgage crisis is unreal!!!

Don't forget the gang hits the road episode. That one nearly had me pissing my pants.

Coz77
09-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Just pulled the trigger! This is a great deal, I don't think you'll find it any cheaper!.....Season 1-5 plus A Very Sunny Christmas.

Use coupon code QC12YT9EA and it comes to a total of $55.49. That included tax and shipping.

http://www.foxconnect.com/it-s-al...creen.html (http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=2237013&sdfid=9&u2=http://www.foxconnect.com/it-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-six-pack-dvd-widescreen.html)

yourchoice
09-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Don't forget the gang hits the road episode. That one nearly had me pissing my pants.

I've only seen last year's season (and the first episode this year), and by far that was the funniest episode I've seen. Great comedy!

thebiglebowski
09-20-2010, 09:15 AM
who pooped the bed?

bscottskangum
09-24-2010, 07:14 PM
After reading this thread I started watching the show from season 1 on, im partway through season 3...hilarious :tu

TrickNick
09-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Anyone watching the current season? I haven't found it to be quite as good, but I am hoping it will pick up.

icehog3
09-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Several of us have been discussing it above, Nick.

s15driftking
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
2nd episode of this season.... as weak as the first. I am starting to wonder if they got some new writers? I can tell the film crew/production team looks to be different.

These two episodes lack the scheming, action, diabolical plans that they had in the past... its almost all just dialogue...

Coz77
09-27-2010, 06:17 AM
2nd episode of this season.... as weak as the first. I am starting to wonder if they got some new writers? I can tell the film crew/production team looks to be different.

These two episodes lack the scheming, action, diabolical plans that they had in the past... its almost all just dialogue...

:tpd: I too miss the dysfunctional shenanigans....This weeks episode "The Gang Buys a Boat" looks like it will be a winner!

safariguy
09-27-2010, 08:59 AM
:tpd: I too miss the dysfunctional shenanigans....This weeks episode "The Gang Buys a Boat" looks like it will be a winner!

"Those are barnacles. Do not eat them." LMAO already.

Brutus2600
09-27-2010, 09:14 AM

I am LOVING this season. How is scheming to marry your same sex roommate for benefits not as crazy as some of the other plans they've come up with? I mean, personally I found the first two episodes just as funny as previous seasons. I am glad to see something really out there like the next episode about buyign a boat, but I still enjoyed the marriage/divorce shenanigans of the first two episodes for true :D

What's gay about two cool dudes who want to get married? :r:r

safariguy
09-27-2010, 09:21 AM
I am LOVING this season. How is scheming to marry your same sex roommate for benefits not as crazy as some of the other plans they've come up with? I mean, personally I found the first two episodes just as funny as previous seasons. I am glad to see something really out there like the next episode about buyign a boat, but I still enjoyed the marriage/divorce shenanigans of the first two episodes for true :D

What's gay about two cool dudes who want to get married? :r:r

I think my favourite thing about this show is that it is serial, not just completely isolated episdes. The actions in one episode effects the future and the characters reference previous incidents from past episodes. For example they brought back that lawyer to handle Dennis's divorce. That was perfect! It made sense that he would be out to get revenge on them.

s15driftking
09-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Come on people... "The D.E.N.N.I.S. system"... now that's funny! "The Gang solves the mortgage crisis" HILARIOUS, "Frank gets an intervention" had me in tears.

This new stuff is just plain stale. I am not losing hope. I'm sure they'll dig it out.. Im just worried for them.

Gophernut
09-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I think that the 1st two have been quite funny. Not every episode has been completely momorable, but every episode has some moments that are. I loved the "What is gay about two cool dudes getting married" story line. Dee gagging every time she thinks about the Ponderosa fellow. I laughed quite a bit during both episodes this season so far. Room for improvement? Sure. Reason to worry? Not for me.

Anyone know of a site where I can watch season 5? I worked late that night last year, and didn't have my DVR set up yet.

Gophernut
10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Thought last nights episode was the best of the year so far, by quite a bit!

Brutus2600
10-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Holy crap, wasn't it? For those of you wanting shenanigans and crazy capers, yesterday's episode really brought back the classic feel :noon:noon

Jbailey
10-01-2010, 10:39 AM
The Gang Buys A Boat episode was freaking hilarious!

Dee's dancing kept cranking me up. Many funny part throughout the show.

tenbaseg
10-01-2010, 04:16 PM
"I throw overhand"

icehog3
10-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I wish they were hour long shows, they are just over too fast.

Brutus2600
10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Last season they did two 30 min episodes back to back for the first few weeks...I liked that. Now they're only doing one 30 min episode a week :(

icehog3
10-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Last season they did two 30 min episodes back to back for the first few weeks...I liked that. Now they're only doing one 30 min episode a week :(

I guess I just need to get the first few seasons so I can watch a couple a day. :r

s15driftking
10-02-2010, 06:09 AM
episode three was better, but not great. I am telling you hog, buy seasons 1-5 for that value pack that was posted on the last page. Watch it all, you will then understand why these last few episodes are underwhelming.

icehog3
10-02-2010, 09:02 AM
episode three was better, but not great. I am telling you hog, buy seasons 1-5 for that value pack that was posted on the last page. Watch it all, you will then understand why these last few episodes are underwhelming.

Seems like most people agree with you Bobby, so I am looking forward to watching those prior seasons. :tu

s15driftking
10-02-2010, 09:17 AM
You won't be dissapointed. I promise!

Coz77
10-05-2010, 06:53 AM

Holy crap, wasn't it? For those of you wanting shenanigans and crazy capers, yesterday's episode really brought back the classic feel :noon:noon

The Gang Buys A Boat episode was freaking hilarious!

Dee's dancing kept cranking me up. Many funny part throughout the show.

:tpd: Looks like the Gang is back on track. I cant tell you how much I love this show....It's replaced Seinfeld as my all time favorite.

Frank: Anyone want any more catfish?
Charlie: Yo dude. Definitely give me another one of those. They're delicious. And you can taste that sort of endangered tang...

"endangered tang" wonder if thats anything like "cuban twang" :D

Jbailey
10-07-2010, 09:17 PM
The new episode was great, I'm sure Tom would love it!

jmsremax
10-07-2010, 09:45 PM
The new episode was great, I'm sure Tom would love it!

Tom loves all things hockey! Even if it is the Flyers.....

safariguy
10-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Dish Netdork and Fux could not get their collective acts together, so now my FX has been taken away from me. I have heard that there are online options to catch Sunny, but new episodes are delayed a few weeks. That's fine with me as long as I get to watch them. Hulu only has episode one so far. Does anyone have any other options?

s15driftking
10-16-2010, 06:53 AM
I do not know. Sorry I cannot help you.

This last episode was a little bit better.. but still not a showstopper.

yourchoice
10-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Just pulled the trigger! This is a great deal, I don't think you'll find it any cheaper!.....Season 1-5 plus A Very Sunny Christmas.

Use coupon code QC12YT9EA and it comes to a total of $55.49. That included tax and shipping.

http://www.foxconnect.com/it-s-al...creen.html (http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=2237013&sdfid=9&u2=http://www.foxconnect.com/it-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-six-pack-dvd-widescreen.html)

I hinted to my wife (okay, I told her and gave her the coupon code :D) that this would be a fine b-day present, and viola! :banger Now I can finally see what I missed in seasons 1-4!

newcigarz
11-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Ok so who thought the Halloween episode was the best so far this season?

we need more McPoyles!

s15driftking
11-01-2010, 12:45 PM
yes (to your first statement)

no (to your second statement)

Jbailey
11-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Always loved the McPoyles. The past seasons with them cracked up, especially “The Gang Gets Held Hostage” episode. :r

Eleven
11-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Always loved the McPoyles. The past seasons with them cracked up, especially “The Gang Gets Held Hostage” episode. :r

That was the first episode I saw. I think it is still my favorite. The Gang Gets Invincible is right up there with it. Green Man + The McPoyles = Hilarity.

BTcigars
11-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Dish network finally got back FX so now I can start watching this show again! BTW, the one episode that cracks me up from start to finish is "the Gang Solves the Oil Crisis"...Wildcard, *****es!

But dont forget when Dee has having her Sex and the City moment and ran out of a store and went head first into a packed car! :D

Coz77
11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
But dont forget when Dee has having her Sex and the City moment and ran out of a store and went head first into a packed car! :D

:r:r:r

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/womenbeshoppingp1.gif

BTcigars
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
:r:r:r

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/womenbeshoppingp1.gif

I cant stop watching that, look at the size of that dent she makes! :r

safariguy
11-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Caught up on a few episodes now that it's back on Dish Network. Still have not seen the Halloween episode. Lethal Weapon 5 is now my new favorite movie. Wish they would post it online. And what is the deal with D suddenly being pregnant???

Jbailey
11-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Caught up on a few episodes now that it's back on Dish Network. Still have not seen the Halloween episode. Lethal Weapon 5 is now my new favorite movie. Wish they would post it online. And what is the deal with D suddenly being pregnant???

Dee (Kaitlin Olson) is married to Mac (Rob McElhenney) and I believe they already had their child.

safariguy
11-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Dee (Kaitlin Olson) is married to Mac (Rob McElhenney) and I believe they already had their child.

I guess I meant in the story. One week they were hiding it when she had the towel wrapped around her at the pool. Then they were showcasing her belly as she got up from chairs and the gang was prank calling her about her fat pregnant belly. I just wondered what I missed.

Jbailey
11-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Nothing story wise really.

s15driftking
11-14-2010, 12:24 PM
latest episode was great. its crazy to see that the show's new dynamic of mainly dialogue has really taken a turn for the better. The first half of the season sucked an egg.

newcigarz
12-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Thought it was great to bring back all Dee's conquests in the Dee gives birth episode.

cricky101
12-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Thought it was great to bring back all Dee's conquests in the Dee gives birth episode.

:tpd: I really like last night's episode, especially with all of the crazy bit characters I had forgotten about.

Eleven
12-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Rickety Cricket smoking crack in the hospital. After the McPoyles, he is my favorite.

BTcigars
12-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Great episode last night, whom would of suspected the tranny?!

Gophernut
12-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Great episode last night, whom would of suspected the tranny?!

I had thought that she might come out in a wheel chair saying that she had put the kid up for adoption, but the surrogate thing never crossed my mind.

"I will come down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor. The thunder of my vengeance will echo through these corridors like the gust of a thousand winds."

BTcigars
12-14-2010, 02:01 PM
I had thought that she might come out in a wheel chair saying that she had put the kid up for adoption, but the surrogate thing never crossed my mind.

"I will come down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor. The thunder of my vengeance will echo through these corridors like the gust of a thousand winds."

When he breaks out the Thor reference, he means business! :noon