PDA

View Full Version : Droid X

Eleven
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Anyone have one yet? Ordering mine here in the next day or so, Verizon shows them shipping on the 22nd.

My oldest son has a Droid and loves it. I now have a BB Storm. I love messing with and changing the OS on the BB, and of course free apps.

Would love to hear if anyone has one of these yet and what they think.

waffle
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Don't have a Droid X, but if you like switching OSes and the like... check out xda-developers.com... hands down the best site for hacking on the androids... I personally have the galaxy s and I'm in love, but several people I know have this and it is the "bee knees" if you catch my drift ;)

AD720
09-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Lot's of great discussion here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23855

I have the X and it's great. That being said there is a new HTC 4.3 inch with HDMI and a front facing camera coming out soon. There's always something new coming soon though.

Shaerza
09-15-2010, 07:20 AM
I have an X and love it so far. The only real complaint I have is battery life.. but I think that is because I was used to charging my old flip phone once every 3-4 days

GTsetGO
09-15-2010, 07:59 AM
that's the major complaint for the x.

the incredible is worse.

AD720
09-15-2010, 08:06 AM
I have an X and love it so far. The only real complaint I have is battery life.. but I think that is because I was used to charging my old flip phone once every 3-4 days

that's the major complaint for the x.

the incredible is worse.

Spring for the extended battery. Made a HUGE difference for me.

rizzle
09-15-2010, 08:29 AM
I have one, activated it a week ago. Have no idea how to work the damn thing but I guess it works well. :r

Makes phone calls, which was real important to me. :tu

GTsetGO
09-15-2010, 08:31 AM
i have the droid. about to root it and overclock here in the next couple of days.

Eleven
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Spring for the extended battery. Made a HUGE difference for me.

Saw this was available. I will surely do it. On my Storm, I can barely make it one round of golf before the phone dies with my GPS range finder. My sons Droid does much much better, but I think I will get that bigger battery anyway.

09-16-2010, 08:01 AM
My wife has it and loves it. Great reception, although I believe that because we live in an area with a faint signal, the battery life is not the best. It usually lasts 36 hours or so.

LooseCard
10-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Love it!
Got it about 2 weeks ago, and still haven't learned how to do everything I need....

Yeah, the battery dies quicker than my old Voyager, but I wasn't playing and getting messages to read as often either.

Eleven
10-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Battery life is an issue for sure. Can't find an extended battery in stock locally yet, but I know I need one.

Used an app the day for range finding while golfing, its a very basic app, just displays 3 distances, no graphics of the holes like my old blackberry app, and that thing killed my battery before the 16th hole.

Other than that, this phone is great. Today my son saw my old Storm laying around, he picked it up and just laughed at how small it felt compared to the Droid X!

Gargoyle
10-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Another +1 for the X. I have also converted 3 friends as well. :banger