PDA

View Full Version : Cigar storage question

PCR
09-14-2010, 07:40 AM
What is the correct way to store and age cigars? I see photos here of humidors with cigars in and out of their plastic wrappers. I see same at my local B&M store. Are some wappers permiable? Anyway, I love to hear some input from you guys that know a whole lot more than me. Thanks!

Mikepd
09-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Before the jokes and search quotes come up ill make it simple.

It is all up to you. If manufacturers didn't think it would be good to store with the cello on, they wouldn't put it on to start with.

PCR
09-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Before the jokes and search quotes come up ill make it simple.

It is all up to you. If manufacturers didn't think it would be good to store with the cello on, they wouldn't put it on to start with.

That makes good sense, never thought of that. Thanks Mike.

XTRazzer
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Cello does allow the cigar to 'breathe' during storage; although not as freely as a cigar without cello.
Cello is nice to have when traveling as it provides some damage protection for the cigar.

pektel
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM
I store them as the manufacturer packages them. If they come wrapped, they stay in the humi wrapped.

mosesbotbol
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I store them as the manufacturer packages them. If they come wrapped, they stay in the humi wrapped.

:tpd:

Welcome. I see you just a few posts.

Generally speaking, the standard practice is to keep cigars in their original packaging. Some will go further and wax paper wrap their sealed cigar boxes when put into storage.

If you plan to invest in storing boxes for many years, collectors want it intact and unmolested or disturbed.

Are you asking about storing single cigars or boxes of cigars? Personally, if a cigar is going into a desktop humidor, I would take out of cello- just for looks.

dwoodward
09-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Cellophane is a porous material, meaning air passes freely through it. I would leave the Cellophane on because it protects the wrappers while you are playing box tetris in your humidor.

Kreth
09-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Another nice thing about leaving cello on, is that you can put a date right on the cello for singles. Some vendors ship wet, so I like to let those sticks rest for a month or two before I smoke them.
Posted via Mobile Device