PDA

View Full Version : What tobak do you like for long periods of puffin'

petewho
11-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm working from home today, sitting in my backyard (CA, so it's always sunny and 70 degrees just like on TV :rolleyes:). It's gonna be a pretty long day of work so I'm expecting to go through a couple bowls. Got the corncob going with the Prince right now, and it will keep me happy for a while (side note, the cob is nice and light, so I can clinch while working away on the laptop).

What do you favor when you expect to be smokin' for a while? Like at a herf, or other situation when it's more than one bowl?

Mister Moo
11-07-2008, 12:05 PM
...What do you favor when you expect to be smokin' for a while? Like at a herf, or other situation when it's more than one bowl?In public it depends on how many people I want to offend. My favorite english blends are heavy and can empty a room whereas Carter Hall and certain aromatics provoke a fair number of "That REALLY smells good." comments from women and not-women alike.

Left to my own devices for a two hour+ smoke it slides from the virgina-de-jour (Ecudo more often than not) to the english-de-jour (probably Smokers Haven 20th Anni. Import or Stokkebye Proper English). These smokes are not particularly kicky, they're easy to maintain in the pipe and are not drooly and constantly screaming for another swab with a pipe cleaner.

And so on and so on...

If you're cobbing it, consider the Prince or CH for the long smoke; keep some nice VAPer ready for a change of pace if/when the Prince pouch gets boring.

petewho
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
In public it depends on how many people I want to offend. My favorite english blends are heavy and can empty a room whereas Carter Hall and certain aromatics provoke a fair number of "That REALLY smells good." comments from women and not-women alike.

If you're cobbing it, consider the Prince or CH for the long smoke; keep some nice VAPer ready for a change of pace if/when the Prince pouch gets boring.

Well, I'm in my backyard so I don't need to worry about offending anyone, but today felt like an aromatic day. It's a little cob and I load light, so the first bowl of prince is gone and I've moved on to SG Firedance Flake (courtesy of Hydrated, as is the cob). Even though these aren't strong, I might be nic-bombed by the end of this and just work away with an unlit cob in my mouth :D

Back to work I go. Hi ho, hi ho...

Hydrated
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
A mixture that you can puff until your puffer wears out:

50% Prince + 50% BCA = good stuff

And it's easy on the wallet! :tu

petewho
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
A mixture that you can puff until your puffer wears out:

50% Prince + 50% BCA = good stuff

And it's easy on the wallet! :tu

BCA = Botswana College of Agriculture? http://www.bca.bw/

:D:r

Hydrated
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
BCA = Botswana College of Agriculture?

Close, young Padawan.
http://www.rabittooth.com/800x600StarWarsWallpapers2/AnakinSkywalkerPadawanWallpaper.jpg

BCA (http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=B&TID=635) = Black Cavendish Aromatic from Lane Limited

Inexpensive bulk tobacco... an easy smoking Vanilla Bomb!