PDA

View Full Version : P90x

boonedoggle
11-07-2008, 11:04 AM
http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/exercise-reviews/p90x-review.html

Seems like this is being hyped on the radio and TV. Seems to be getting good reviews. Me and the wife are thinking about getting this. Anyone have any personal reviews?

Tombstone
11-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I have heard good things about it. I am getting it for my wife and me for christmas.

MithShrike
11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I might get myself that for Yule.

kaisersozei
11-07-2008, 11:52 AM
We have it. My uber-athletic 15 year old baseball stud stepson swears by it and has gotten significant results, even by not following the program the way it's laid out (cuz he's a teenager and doesn't think you have to follow directions.)

I, on the other hand, have simply read the manual and previewed a few of the workouts. I'm scared. My wife has tried the "less intense" yoga program. She's scared.

All I can tell you is that it will kick your ass :bx and deliver results. I promise.

cbsmokin
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
As with any workout it's all about discipline. If you are disciplined and do it you will get results.

Check for used ones on fleabay to try and save a buck.

shilala
11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I just lost 25 pounds by not eating everything I can get my hands on.
Seems to be working. I took two long walks today and feel like taking another one right now.
I think I'll grab a cigar and go for a walk. :tu

boonedoggle
11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, I'm in good shape...I've just reached a plateau. This seems to work for people who have done such.

forgop
11-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I have it and I'm certainly not in good shape, so it was really overkill to start. It's one of those things that you need to be in decent shape to get started. Plyometrics will certainly kick your ass though. I'm going to start it back up this week, minus the weight resistant training vids as I'm mainly wanting to use it for cardio, not muscle gain as I'm trying to lose weight in a competition at work. I'd recommend it.

nozero
11-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Hmmm. Very interesting... Thanks for the link.

Sauer Grapes
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Do a google or yahoo search for coupons. You should be able to find a 10% off a beachbody order pretty easily.

The workouts are no joke, even the yoga sucks.

I'm in the middle of it, but I haven't been following the diet. Can't give any reviews yet, but when I'm done I'll comment on it.

shilala
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I actually took that third walk and smoked that cigar. :)
I looked for the P90x and beachbody stuff online and found the dvd iso's all over the place. It must be incredibly popular, if that's any help.

Sauer Grapes
11-07-2008, 09:35 PM
One thing annoying about beachbody is that they will spam your inbox with their ads and "tips." Also, the end of each workout is an add for one of their supplements. And Tony mentions his recovery drink about 400 times per workout.

I really do have very very few complaints though. So far I'm impressed with it.