PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand

whodeeni
09-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Reputation!

In a lot of threads i here brothers saying help me up this brotha's rep
for the great deed he performed etc, but I never see the actual stat
listed anywhere. Is there a reason for this. I for one would like to read
the comments that we say about each other...

Maybe this should be under site suggestions if so feel free to move
it mods!

Thanks!:tu

dwoodward
09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
It's next the little online/offline symbol just under your name. Its the scale thing. Just click that and leave some feedback, if someone wants to up you or down you, you will get a notification of them doing so.

Cigarcop
09-10-2010, 04:03 PM
It's next the little online/offline symbol just under your name. Its the scale thing. Just click that and leave some feedback, if someone wants to up you or down you, you will get a notification of them doing so.

I think Excell is saying he wants to read others reputation not just his :2

dwoodward
09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I think Excell is saying he wants to read others reputation not just his :2

Ahh I see... Well I would disagree with that seeing as there is also people who like to hit people with negative rep. No need to get arguments started over whether positive / negative rep was required for anything. :2

neoflex
09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I always forget about it and most times forget to do it but that would be kind of cool to see why some people have 80 patrillion rep points.

NCRadioMan
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Reputation bumps, either way, are private and have always been private since I have been on the boards. If you want to see what people think of others, look at trader feedback.

My advice to anyone who is concerned over "reputation"..........don't be. It really means nothing, and in some instances is a popularity contest that really means nothing.

There are folks here with HUGE "reputations" that I wouldn't deal with in any way and some that have virtually no "rep" that I would trust with everything I have.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to give me a bump but I don't go looking for it or even expect it.

:2

markem
09-10-2010, 04:31 PM
My advice to anyone who is concerned over "reputation"..........don't be. It really means nothing, and in some instances is a popularity contest that really means nothing.

:tpd: many private boards even turn off reputation and also post count because what you say is more important than how often you said it or who may or may not have liked it. Just because someone has been around forever, has a huge reputation gauge, and thousands of posts doesn't mean that he/she has a more valuable opinion or better input than the next person (or even you).

whodeeni
09-10-2010, 04:54 PM
:tpd: many private boards even turn off reputation and also post count because what you say is more important than how often you said it or who may or may not have liked it. Just because someone has been around forever, has a huge reputation gauge, and thousands of posts doesn't mean that he/she has a more valuable opinion or better input than the next person (or even you).

Points well taken gentlemen... Thanks to all of you for your insight!:tu