PDA

View Full Version : La Gloria Cubana Artesanos De Tabaqueros

OHRD
09-10-2010, 09:51 AM
http://www.toastedfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/La-Gloria-Cubana-Artesanos-de-Tabaqueros-555x370.jpg

Size: 6 x52, 652 Belicoso

Wrapper: Connecticut Shade and Ecuadorian Sumatra

Binder: Secret

Filler: Dominican, Honduran, and Nicaraguan

Strength: Medium/Full

Price: $9.50 (Boxes of 25)

Grade: 9.0

The La Gloria Cubana Artesanos De Tabaqueros is a product of General Cigar and was released in April of this year. This is the second cigar in the Artesanos series. This series is rolled by an exclusive group of 18 rollers from the El Credito Cigar Factory in Dominican Republic, hand chosen by Benji Menendez. There are two full wrappers utilized on the cigar, rather than one for the bottom and one for the top. The AdT is available in three sizes, each named for their size: 650 (6×50, $8), 652 Belicoso (6×52, $9.5) and 750 (7×50, $9).

I have smoked cigars with multiple wrappers before and while intrigued, I will not say I was impressed. But when seeing the buzz this cigar created after its release by one of the giants I was excited to get my hands on one thanks to my partner in crime here at Toasted Foot. On to the toast!

Pre-light, 1.8:
The dark Ecuadorian wrapper is very bumpy and veiny and has a rugged appearance with oils glistening on the surface. The Connecticut shade wrapper is in great shape, is smooth to the touch, and has a nice light brown color. The cigar is well packed with no soft spots and it has a good weight in the palm. The pre-light aroma is of earthy barnyard on the Ecuadorian wrapper and it transitions to a lighter aroma toward the foot. The cold draw produces leathery notes with a hint of spice. The two wrappers combined, with the label at the seam, create a very inviting look and will catch your eye for sure.

Burn, 1.8:
The La Gloria Cubana Artesanos De Tabaqueros cut, toasted, and lit well. The draw is dead on for the entire smoke and I am really enjoying this aspect of this cigar. The ash holds well past one inch and is consistent in color. Smoke temperature is spot on throughout the entire smoke and the cigar never requires any touch ups or re-lights.

Flavor, 2.7:
The first puff on the dual wrapper smoke produces a sweet finish with a nice tobacco flavor coating the mouth. The first third follows the same trend and I pick up a berry type sweetness with a nutty natural tobacco. The smoke produces a nice long finish that is very aromatic. The Connecticut shade wrapped part of the smoke is really nice and I am excited as I move into the Ecuadorian Sumatra portion. The second third finds darker notes on the palate. I lose the notes of sweetness and pick up a continued nutty tobacco with spice present on the finish. The final third transitions into an even darker flavor profile with notes of coffee, nuts, and a continued spice on the finish. The spice is warm in character and is very nice on the palate.

Overall, 2.7:
I really enjoyed this smoke for a number of reasons. First off is the uniqueness of the cigar; it was really intriguing. Second is the excellent construction and draw, which was dead on. And third is the flavor profile – this cigar really transitioned well and it was a lot of fun to be on the journey. I encourage you to pick a few of these up if you can. The price is right for a unique smoke and I don’t think you will be disappointed.

(Total: 9.0)

CigarNut
09-10-2010, 10:02 AM
We were able to sample these at a recent Portland Cigar Club meeting and they are very good smokes. LGC has never disappointed me!

kelmac07
09-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Great review Matthew...I enjoyed the few that I had.

whodeeni
09-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Best Morning Cigar EVER!!!:tu

Oh yeah, and as Always, Great Review Matt!:tu