PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Crafters Cutter

TheRuckus13
09-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Howdy everyone,

I just recently ordered a Cuban Crafters Euro cutter sort of blind. It's the slim credit card cutter basically, and I'm wondering something before they ship it. I think I made the mistake of assuming that all CC cutters have the nifty piece that stops you from cutting the cigar too far, the hole in it, whatever it's proper term is. Does the Euro have this feature? Also I don't see any reviews for it, anyone ever chop a few cigars with it? -(P

Chingas
09-06-2010, 11:47 PM
The piece that stops the cigar from getting cut too far is only found on a "Perfect" or "dummy" cutter.

So, i'm thinking unless it specifically says that, it's just a standard guillotine cutter.

TheRuckus13
09-06-2010, 11:55 PM
The piece that stops the cigar from getting cut too far is only found on a "Perfect" or "dummy" cutter.

So, i'm thinking unless it specifically says that, it's just a standard guillotine cutter.

Ugh, I am in a world of messing up. 20 dollars worth of shipping back and forth on a 15 dollar cutter anyone? My fault for assuming.

Chingas
09-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Ugh, I am in a world of messing up. 20 dollars worth of shipping back and forth on a 15 dollar cutter anyone? My fault for assuming.

This hobby you are gonna go thru a lot of cutters! Just keep it, you'll uae it eventually.

TheRuckus13
09-07-2010, 12:00 AM
This hobby you are gonna go thru a lot of cutters! Just keep it, you'll uae it eventually.

I wish I could unfortunately I can't afford to. I know the perfect cutters are for me, and I can't afford to buy that on top of this cutter. :sad

I sent a message to Cuban Crafters hoping that they aren't shipping tomorrow due to the time off on holidays, and they see it and give me a call before they ship it.

Chingas
09-07-2010, 12:06 AM
I wish I could unfortunately I can't afford to. I know the perfect cutters are for me, and I can't afford to buy that on top of this cutter. :sad

I sent a message to Cuban Crafters hoping that they aren't shipping tomorrow due to the time off on holidays, and they see it and give me a call before they ship it.

Best of luck to you Brother!:tu

bobarian
09-07-2010, 12:17 AM

Not true, one Palio will last a lifetime. That is of course until you decide you want a different finish or one for home and one for car. :D:banger

chenvt
09-07-2010, 01:30 AM

At worst case, if you want the "dummy" effect for most cigars, put it on a table, put the cigar's head in it vertically and cut.. if the cutter is too slim, do it twice

Shemp Howard
09-07-2010, 03:41 AM
At worst case, if you want the "dummy" effect for most cigars, put it on a table, put the cigar's head in it vertically and cut.. if the cutter is too slim, do it twice

I used this method as well. Works great and it's hard to screw up. Try it.

dwoodward
09-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Not true, one Palio will last a lifetime. That is of course until you decide you want a different finish or one for home and one for car. :D:banger

If the Palio's truly lasted a lifetime, there would be no need for the lifetime warranty... Not hating, just saying...

bigdix
09-07-2010, 05:41 AM
If the Palio's truly lasted a lifetime, there would be no need for the lifetime warranty... Not hating, just saying...

I think Bob just meant you'd never have to PAY for another cutter. :2

TheRuckus13
09-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Here's a bit of an update for you folks wondering about Cuban Crafters customer service. I gave them a phone call and informed them of the situation, and they didn't even flinch. I was on the phone for five minutes and my order was changed, and I now have the cutter I want on it's way. :tu

longknocker
09-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Here's a bit of an update for you folks wondering about Cuban Crafters customer service. I gave them a phone call and informed them of the situation, and they didn't even flinch. I was on the phone for five minutes and my order was changed, and I now have the cutter I want on it's way. :tu

:banger:tu

hammondc
09-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Right on.

bigdix
09-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Gotta love great customer service!! :tu

d'am
09-07-2010, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the update. It's nice to able to separate the few good vendors from the crowd. Those guys sound alright.

Chingas
09-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Just the way it should be! Glad to hear it:tu

Bartolomeo
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I swear by the Cuban Crafters double blade cutter........best ever so far for me

Bart

jmsremax
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I swear by the Cuban Crafters double blade cutter........best ever so far for me

Bart

Until you get a palio :tu

Mugen910
09-08-2010, 02:20 PM

Take this with a grain of salt but if you cannot afford to have two cutters, you'll be in for a real shock when you start moving into the high end cigars. And you will eventually move there if you haven't started messing in that area.:2

macsauce13
09-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Take this with a grain of salt but if you cannot afford to have two cutters, you'll be in for a real shock when you start moving into the high end cigars. And you will eventually move there if you haven't started messing in that area.:2

While I understand certainly your point, I think a lot of the elitist view of cigars has died down. If you love cigars, there are tons that are really easy on the budget. For example, I LOVE Puros Indios Viejos by Rolando Reyes Sr. I get 25 for $25 all the time. There is no reason you must buy expensive cigars to enjoy the hobby!

Not trying to argue, I very much respect your opinion (all the time), just my take on it. :tu

Mugen910
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM
While I understand certainly your point, I think a lot of the elitist view of cigars has died down. If you love cigars, there a tons that are really easy on the budget. For example, I LOVE Puros Indios Viejos by Rolando Reyes Sr. I get 25 for $25 all the time.

Not trying to argue, I very much respect your opinion (all the time), just my take on it. :tu

But that $25 will disappear into thin air...yummy thing air but still. I just hope this botl sticks with the budget smokes and a small humi because this cliff is STEEP!

And FYI..if you respect my opinion then you sir are headed in the wrong direction :r

Not the exact same but this reminds me of one member who talked about sticking to cheap cigars due to $$ but had Opus X and a Rolex that he chipped in to pay for, all the while golfing 1-2x a week and still in high school. :confused:

macsauce13
09-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I know of he you speak about, and he has since quieted down...lol

TheRuckus13
09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
But that $25 will disappear into thin air...yummy thing air but still. I just hope this botl sticks with the budget smokes and a small humi because this cliff is STEEP!

And FYI..if you respect my opinion then you sir are headed in the wrong direction :r

Not the exact same but this reminds me of one member who talked about sticking to cheap cigars due to $$ but had Opus X and a Rolex that he chipped in to pay for, all the while golfing 1-2x a week and still in high school. :confused:

When I say I cannot afford it, I mean I have more brains than money. I can't in good conscious buy two cutters I don't need just because I can when I don't make 500,000 dollars a year. Especially when yes I DO smoke good cigars. Yesterday I had a Padron 4000 and a RP Sun Grown, and the time I smoked before that I had a RP Vintage, that is WHY I can't afford to own three cutters in my first month.

jmsremax
09-08-2010, 09:41 PM
When I say I cannot afford it, I mean I have more brains than money. I can't in good conscious buy two cutters I don't need just because I can when I don't make 500,000 dollars a year. Especially when yes I DO smoke good cigars. Yesterday I had a Padron 4000 and a RP Sun Grown, and the time I smoked before that I had a RP Vintage, that is WHY I can't afford to own three cutters in my first month.

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke, but do be aware cigars can get upwards of $50 per stick. :2

Having two cutters isn't a bad thing....I can't count how many cutters I have gone through in just two years.

TheRuckus13
09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Cutter and punch came in today with a free Cameroon Torpedo. Earlier on I made a BOTL post about how I hated my Colibri. Some suggested along with myself that it may be me and NOT the cutter. Well I can assure you all now, it was the cutter. This CC is at least 10x sharper than the Colibri, hard to imagine but it's true. :tu